Convert T/C Hawken from flint to cap?

PDA

gdragon34
September 26, 2004, 03:25 PM
Subject pretty much says it all, just wanted to see if I can use a percussion cap in the early season without buying a new gun.

thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Convert T/C Hawken from flint to cap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
September 26, 2004, 07:57 PM
New TC barrel, new TC lock. Unless you buy used at a Rendezvous, it may be cheaper to buy new percussion TC.

JPM63US
September 29, 2004, 09:00 AM
I concur with the prior post: buy a new/used TC in percussion and sell the flint version. Since it is a non-firearm - you can put it on Gunbroker without much hassle.

JPM

czarninakid
October 4, 2004, 08:40 AM
I did it but the other way around, from percussion to flint. Used an aftermarket dropin flint barrel and lock from T/C. The barrel came without sights so I used the original rear and an aftermarket front and put fiber optic sights on the percussipn barrel.

jdkelly
October 8, 2004, 10:01 PM
http://www.foxridgeoutfitters.com/detail.cfm?section=16&subsection=149,173&product=4356

Respectfully,

jdkelly

If you enjoyed reading about "Convert T/C Hawken from flint to cap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!