Glock 34 vs. 5" 1911 -- overall length??

PDA

Gary in Pennsylvania
September 29, 2004, 08:36 AM
Hey all – Just wondering . . . . . . How does a Glock 34 compare to a traditional 5” 1911 in overall length?

Thanks a bunch!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 34 vs. 5" 1911 -- overall length??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Obiwan
September 29, 2004, 08:49 AM
Research...it is what the internet is all about

According to Glockmeister the G34 is 8.15" overall length

According to SA's website, their mil-spec is 8.5" overall

Gary in Pennsylvania
September 29, 2004, 09:27 AM
Research...it is what the internet is all about

Not if one happens to be shamming at work and one's employer's internet firewall "CyberPatrol" net-nanny doesn't only allows you access to 1% of the freekin' internet! :mad:

I'm lucky to still have access here! I have THR and SigForum . . . . . all other gunsites etc... ( that means everything ) is off limits. :(

Onmilo
September 29, 2004, 11:57 AM
If your 1911 is wearing a beavertail grip safety and a 5" barrel it will be the same overall length as a Glock 34/35.
I still can't understand why folks complain that the 34/35 pistols are "too big"!

sundance43.5
September 30, 2004, 07:09 PM
I've wondered this as well. I've never done a side by side, I've only held each at different times.

The times I've held a Glock 34, it felt perfectly balanced. It feels, in my hand, like the best Glock.

On that note, I recently ordered one and will pick it up on Saturday.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 34 vs. 5" 1911 -- overall length??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!