Question/ Poll

PDA

WEPS
September 29, 2004, 09:12 AM
given the recent situation with the AWB, if you had the opertunity to purchase some assault weapons and lot's of hi caps for cheap but you lived in RPK would you? especially if you knew you would only be living there for a few more years.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question/ Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joe sixpack
September 29, 2004, 01:37 PM
By RPK I am assuming you mean the People's Republic of California.

And to answer the question, no, that would be illegal.

Do you plan on "opening shop"? ;)

cheers, js

Rockrivr1
September 29, 2004, 01:48 PM
It would be very very tempting, but I doubt I'd go through with it. First off, I like to shoot what I own. If I had the assault rifle in PRK I couldn't take it to the range. It would be a safe queen and I would hate that. I know I would. I'd sooner or later have to take it to the range, which is risking the loss of my license and current colletion.

Like I said, the temptation is there. I probably wouldn't though.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
September 29, 2004, 02:14 PM
I live in Texas. Why would I want to live anywhere else?

Regards,
Rabbit.

DWS1117
September 29, 2004, 04:27 PM

Amen, brother!

But if I were in you situation, the answer is no. If it involves violating the law and loosing my rights then it isn't worth it.

Chipperman
September 29, 2004, 05:01 PM
What you could do is have a friend/relative in a free state buy the gun and keep it, with the intent of legally selling and transferring it to you when you mave out of Kali.

That would cover your butt until you move out of Kali in case the AWB comes back.

It would be flirting with a straw purchase, but I think it would still be ok; b/c you would not actually pay for it or take transfer unitl legally able to do so.

faustulus
September 30, 2004, 01:34 AM
Just remember you guys are always welcome back here in your motherland. :)
And as for the poll, I wouldn't live in Cali if you put a gun to my head, if you could own a gun in cali, which you can't :)

Warbow
September 30, 2004, 02:26 AM
No. Why would you risk it? Just wait it out until you move away from that backwards state.

SAG0282
September 30, 2004, 02:34 AM
Nope. I live in WA where they ARE legal, and I don't have one (economic requirement, not by choice). The point though is that as highly desirable as they are, I've been doin' all right without one, and the satisfaction would not be greater then the legal risk.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question/ Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!