Another poll needs attention!

PDA

jnojr
September 29, 2004, 03:22 PM
http://www.opinionsite.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "Another poll needs attention!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
txgho1911
September 29, 2004, 10:22 PM
Renewed 41%
Not renewed 32%
Makes no difference 7%
I do not know 2%

jke456
September 29, 2004, 11:13 PM
The federal ban on assault weapons has expired, and certain types of guns that were banned in 1994 can now be legally sold again. Do you think the ban should be renewed, not renewed, or does it not make a difference to you either way?

Renewed

41%
Not renewed

32%
Makes no difference

7%
I do not know

2%

poll needs help

the pollsters also need to learn what the awb did and did not due

no guns were banned from being sold only from manufacture

jon

SB88LX
September 29, 2004, 11:34 PM
41/32/7/2 = 82%

Where the hell did the other 18% go? Trimmed off of the "not renewed" by a disgruntled leftist poll runner?

Michigander
September 29, 2004, 11:37 PM
Renewed 41%
Not renewed 32%
Makes no difference 7%
I do not know 2%

Andrew Rothman
September 30, 2004, 02:50 AM
Heh. Something there is definitely, um, confused.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that all votes count toward the total, but some anti-cheating programming kills repeat votes.

Not that anyone I know would attempt to vote more than once... *looks innocent*

Michigander
September 30, 2004, 08:28 PM
I voted again. We're making a small bit of headway....

Renewed 36%
Not renewed 33%
Makes no difference 6%
I do not know 2%

Desertdog
September 30, 2004, 08:37 PM
When I voted the votes added up to 77% with the Not renewed at 33, Renewed 36.
Our side still needs help.

jnojr
October 1, 2004, 03:05 AM
Renewed 36%
Not renewed 34%
Makes no difference 6%
I do not know 2%
--------
78%

So... they assume 22% of all respondents didn't bother to respond?

And what's with "I don't know"??? If you don't know, why the f%#* are you voting?

No raw numbers, either. Yeah, this is a legit poll...

tyme
October 1, 2004, 05:35 PM
Complain about it:
memberservices@opinionsite.com

1. The poll is screwed up.
2. There should not be a poll. If they'd invested the 2 minutes it took to create the poll in investigating what the SAW ban's effects were, they'd realize that the people who say it needs to be renewed have no idea what the SAW ban did.

My email:

I am writing about the ongoing poll you are running regarding public support for renewal of the so-called "assault weapon ban."

First, the numbers don't add up. The numbers are 36% renewed, 34% not renewed, 6% no difference, 2% don't know. Those sum to 78%.

Second, this poll is unlike polls on abortion, foreign policy, the PATRIOT act, gay marriage, or most other sociopolitical issues. It is different because the vast majority of U.S. citizens have no idea what so-called "assault weapons" consist of. They have a vague idea that "assault weapons" are military weapons; they are not. They have a vague idea that the guns are machineguns; they are not. They have a vague idea that the guns fire more rapidly or fire more lethal bullets than other unregulated firearms; they do not.

Please, if you are going to run such a poll (which I understand is the purpose of your site) in the future, take 30 minutes to learn what assault weapons are, and offer a brief explanation for those who would otherwise vote with no knowledge.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another poll needs attention!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!