Who build Nick Nolte's holster and belt in Extreme Prejudice?

PDA

mrstang01
February 23, 2003, 02:24 PM
Anybody got any idea, it's a nice looking rig.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who build Nick Nolte's holster and belt in Extreme Prejudice?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AK103K
February 23, 2003, 02:36 PM
I dont know the answer, but your right, its a good looking rig. Since you brought movie rigs up, I always wanted to know who made the double 1911 rig Bruce Willis wears in Last Man Standing. If we're lucky, maybe we both can get an answer. :)

mrstang01
February 23, 2003, 02:40 PM
Don't know who built Bruce's original holsters, but Idaho Leather does a replica. Check this out:
http://groups.msn.com/IdahoLeatherCo/sportholsters.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=59

You may have to cut and paste the link.

AK103K
February 23, 2003, 02:42 PM
Thanks mrstang01, that looks like the one.

dfariswheel
February 23, 2003, 07:29 PM
If you're talking about the movie where Nolte is a Texas Ranger, the holster, belt, and mag pouch was made by El Paso Saddlery.
It's their "1930 Austin" rig, with the extra carving.

El Paso is the sucessor to the famous S.D. Meyers Saddle company of El Paso and most of their holsters are copies of old original rigs.

Their web site isn't working too well, but it does show pictures.
http://www.epsaddlery.com

The picture on the site is of a revolver holster, but it's also made for autos, with an old fashioned safety strap as used in the movie.

mrstang01
February 24, 2003, 07:58 AM
Thanks dfariswheel, I was wondering if it was their's by the carving, they are one of my favorite makers. I have their catalog, will have to check out the Austin. Can I ask where you got your intel from?

Michael

Dave Williams
February 24, 2003, 01:10 PM
The Texas Ranger who caught the train serial killer was showed with a really sweet carved leather rig and a 1911.

Very cool.

I wish we could get away with stuff like that in the midwest.

Dave

Tamara
February 24, 2003, 01:20 PM
That is one of the most underrated gun flicks out there...

dfariswheel
February 24, 2003, 07:29 PM
mrstang01

I used to be a semi-pro holster maker. I often "check out" holsters I see around. It was refreshing to see an old design being used. In an age of plastic, nylon, and IWB's it's nice to see an old-fashioned hand carved rig.

The 1930 Austin was VERY popular in the 1930's with Texas Rangers, many, if not most of whom carried the .45 auto.

I've seen a number of pictures of Rangers wearing the original S.D. Meyers holster rig, and at the time of the movie, El Paso was the only maker I know that still offered it.

mrstang01
February 24, 2003, 10:37 PM
Tamara, you're right, it is a super movie!

dfariswheel, thanks, that's neat to know!

Michael

If you enjoyed reading about "Who build Nick Nolte's holster and belt in Extreme Prejudice?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!