John Kerry's a Hunter and a Sportsman

PDA

Vern Humphrey
September 30, 2004, 06:03 PM
So says an ad in the Stone County (Arkansas) Leader, paid for by the local Democratic Committee.

Among the reasons for vote for Kerry, it extols

"The Right to Own Firearms.

"Kerry-Edwards will support the 2nd Amendment right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, including rifles and shotguns."

I suppose this means all handguns will be confiscated the day after he's inagurated.

How stupid do they think we are?

If you enjoyed reading about "John Kerry's a Hunter and a Sportsman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
G36-UK
September 30, 2004, 06:25 PM
Y'see, they're like our Gun Control Network. They don't know that most gun owners aren't as stupid as the people who actually listen to them.

Monkeyleg
September 30, 2004, 06:27 PM
How stupid? Our state's NRA/ILA lobbyist emailed me about some concealed carry matters last night. In the email, he vented his frustration with an NRA Life Member he'd been talking to who refused to believe that Kerry was anti-gun.

Why do you think that politicians stage photo-ops where they eat the food of the area (pizza, bagels, cheese curds, etc)? It's because stupid people look at the photo-op and think the pol is one of them.

The general election will be taking place just about the time that the deer season in Wisconsin--one of the tossup states--begins. Maybe Kerry should get out in the woods with his double-barrel shotgun and crawl on his belly to show our state's hunters that he's one of them.

Vern Humphrey
September 30, 2004, 06:29 PM
Well, it's up to us to carry the word -- let's not let them bamboozle us into thinking Kerry will uphold the 2nd Amendment.

ReadyontheRight
September 30, 2004, 07:06 PM
John Kerry agrees that Americans can own guns.

If you're licensed through a government-approved training facility and you buy a registered, federally-approved $10,000 over/under shotgun, you peasants can own a gun...for now.

Archie
September 30, 2004, 07:39 PM
... and I'm Queen of the May!
(Only those who have seen me will fully appreciate this irony.)

Jim K
September 30, 2004, 10:37 PM
Kerry says he supports the Second Amendment "as interpreted", which means he beleves that only the National Guard has the right to have guns.

No one seems to have noticed, but a Federal Judge in the District of Columbia declared the D.C. National Guard illegal. In ruling on a petition to overturn D.C.'s ridiculous gun laws, the judge said that the 2nd Amendment applied only to a state militia, which is the National Guard, and that since D.C. is not a state it cannot have a militia.

I wonder when a few folks will wake up to the implications of that judicial nonsense.

Jim

ZeroX
September 30, 2004, 10:43 PM
and I'm a lumberjack ballerina with shoehorns for hands.

Chut1st
October 2, 2004, 07:00 PM
Next person who tells you that Kerry is pro-Second Amendment, ask him to tell you ONE bill that he's voted on that proves it. He won't be able to find a pro-gun bill Kerry voted for or an anti-gun bill that he voted against.

Actions speak louder than advertisements.

Rob62
October 2, 2004, 07:17 PM
Unfortunatly there are several hunters and gun owners I know that will vote for Kerry. Not for his stance about guns but because they are just tired of Bush.

I for one will gladly vote for Bush and encourage others to do the same.

Rob

admar2
October 2, 2004, 07:29 PM
I'm not a great fan of Bush, mostly his domestic spending tendencies bother me. But the idea of any hunter/shooter/RKBA person voting for Kerry baffles the hell out of me.

makes about as much sense as Jews for Hitler.

:banghead:

cracked butt
October 2, 2004, 07:33 PM
I think Outdoor Life and F&S did gun owners a big disservice by printing a large article on interviews with Kerry and Bush.

They asked real softball questions to kerry and printed what he said without relaying the truth on Kerry's record on gun control.:banghead:

ilcylic
October 2, 2004, 08:35 PM
Monkeyleg: I'd pay a lot to see John Kerry and his accompaning SS guards out in the woods in hunter orange 3 pc. suits... :)

Rob62: Tell 'em to vote Libertarian! :)

-Ogre

Standing Wolf
October 2, 2004, 09:33 PM
How stupid do they think we are?

It's always a mistake to underestimate the average American.

Browns Fan
October 2, 2004, 10:19 PM
It reminds me of what a friend told me he saw outside our local gunshop. A car with a bumpersticker that said "Insured by Glock", and right next to that one is a Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker. :scrutiny:

RavenVT100
October 2, 2004, 10:53 PM
Next person who tells you that Kerry is pro-Second Amendment, ask him to tell you ONE bill that he's voted on that proves it. He won't be able to find a pro-gun bill Kerry voted for or an anti-gun bill that he voted against.

Senator Kerry is against gun control like Senator Kennedy is against alcohol.

Gordy Wesen
October 3, 2004, 04:48 AM
i want him to teach me how to crawl around on my hands and knees to hunt deer.

Nathaniel Firethorn
October 3, 2004, 08:27 AM
Hunter, sportsman, war hero... the man is clearly a legend in his own mind.

- pdmoderator

Mad Man
October 3, 2004, 09:58 AM

Said person will note that John Kerry voted for things like the Brady Bill, assault weapon ban, "closing the gun show loophole" (or whatever), etc. etc...

...and then go on to explain why those measures actually help law abiding gun owners.

Vern Humphrey
October 3, 2004, 02:40 PM
Quote:
-------------------------------------------
It reminds me of what a friend told me he saw outside our local gunshop. A car with a bumpersticker that said "Insured by Glock", and right next to that one is a Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker.
-------------------------------------------

He should roll that up in one bumper sticker -- "Insured by Glock, for Kerry-Edwards, and REALLY confused.":D

Baba Louie
October 3, 2004, 03:02 PM
"Deer", he replied. "I go out with my trusty 12 gauge double barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind. That's Hunting."
(Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, July 5 2004)

March 2, 2004 (where's that darned photo of Kerry w/ Feinstein, Schumer and Ted?)

If I hated Pres Bush so much to vote him out of office, I'd throw my vote away on Nader long before I'd vote for Sen Kerry.

Vern Humphrey
October 3, 2004, 03:10 PM
Quote:
-----------------------------------------
"Deer", he replied. "I go out with my trusty 12 gauge double barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them.
-----------------------------------------

So THAT'S my problem! I'll have to remember to crawl around on my stomach next season -- although I manage to kill deer very well using more conventional methods. :D

Monkeyleg
October 3, 2004, 06:35 PM
Here's how that crawling around on his stomach works.

He gets within range, and shoots the deer in the hoof. While the deer is on the ground writhing in pain, Kerry rattles off all of his positions on Iraq. The deer, going mad listening to the constant flip-flops, grabs Kerry's shotgun and turns it on himself.

horge
October 3, 2004, 08:37 PM
He gets within range, and shoots the deer in the hoof. While the deer is on the ground writhing in pain, Kerry rattles off all of his positions on Iraq. The deer, going mad listening to the constant flip-flops, grabs Kerry's shotgun and turns it on himself.
:D :D :D

Priceless.

Moparmike
October 3, 2004, 08:51 PM
i want him to teach me how to crawl around on my hands and knees to hunt deer.Dont forget to bring your $10k over-under Gordy...

*furiously searches for the rofl smiley*

Are you sure the deer wouldn't be bored to death before he could make a grab for the gun?

JeepMaker
October 3, 2004, 11:15 PM
I know where you folks are coming from. The other day I saw an SUV with 2 bumper stickers that read Cabela's field tester, and a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker:rolleyes: Makes me want to go up and ask them, "how dumb ARE you"

MrMurphy
October 4, 2004, 09:05 AM
If Kerry is for guns and the 2nd Amendment, I'm a charter member of the "Nuke the Gay Communist Whales for Jesus" society and was the second gunman on the grassy knoll (kind of hard considering I was born 15 years later).

Just remember, Feinstein is heavily antigun and carries a PPK.

buzz_knox
October 4, 2004, 09:16 AM
Hunter, sportsman, war hero... the man is clearly a legend in his own mind.

I think that's the scariest thing about your comment is that you are correct. He creates new roles and successes for himself when the existing role isn't there (hero or hunter) or he doesn't want to reveal what really is there. He has attempted to appear to be all things to all people, yet has not revealed a consistent moral center or thought, except for being anti-firearms. So why is he so adamant about stripping us of our ability to defend ourselves? I think it's because that's the only impediment he can see to fulfilling his ultimate control: reshaping society in his image.

JOE MACK
October 4, 2004, 09:48 PM
:what: Okay, I believe this. I'm also Mary, Queen of May. Maybe Kerry will convince Terr- eh-za to make some Heinz wild game marinades.:rolleyes:

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
October 5, 2004, 02:27 AM
I distinctly heard Kerry drop the "g" from hunting and pronounce it huntin' at a photo op in Iowa.

The statement was, "I am a hunter and nobody can tell me that anyone needs a AK-47 for huntin' deer"

So I think it is pretty well settled that Kerry is a true sportsman and hunter with a deep respect for the 2nd Amendment, because it is well known that people like that drop the "g" from words, most regular everyday folks like John Forbes Kerry do that all the time.

What a conniving prick Kerry is. You could actually see the phony hesitate for a fraction of a second as the machinations ran their course in his twisted mind about whether it was advantageous to deliberately drop the "g" from "hunting" and whether the ignorant yokels would buy it.

If you enjoyed reading about "John Kerry's a Hunter and a Sportsman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!