Boycott Leatherman

PDA

powertoast
September 30, 2004, 08:16 PM
Tim Leatherman endorses Kerry. http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040914/145916_1.html

No more Leatherman products for me, thank you. Go to www.leatherman.com and share your opinion.

best regards

edited to add:

Phone: (503) 253-7826
Toll Free: (800) 847-8665
Fax: (503) 253-7830
Warranty E-mail:
toolwarranty@leatherman.com
General E-mail:
mktg@leatherman.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Boycott Leatherman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
IRONFIST
September 30, 2004, 08:48 PM
I sent them a nice, frosty letter stating my displeasure with their political stance. They can go pound sand now for all I care.

Dave Markowitz
September 30, 2004, 10:11 PM
:barf:

I always liked my Gerber Multiplier better anyway.

garrettwc
October 1, 2004, 12:34 AM
Man I was really wanting a Leatherman Wave too. :(

I guess it's time to check out some other tools.

ruger357
October 1, 2004, 08:00 AM
Sent them an email stating that they lost my business.

Rupestris
October 1, 2004, 09:15 AM
Peter Bragden, vice president, general counsel, Columbia Sportswear (Portland, Oregon);

:banghead: I have always liked Columbia and felt that their products were worth the extra $$.
I prefer Gerber multi tools as well but I do carry a Leatherman Squirt P4 daily.
Looks like its time to switch to Cabelas in-house line of sportswear.:fire:

CannibalCrowley
October 1, 2004, 10:12 AM
No big deal. As I've stated before, it's almost impossible to not do business with everyone whose views oppose your own.

Joe Demko
October 1, 2004, 11:05 AM
Swisstool by Victorinox is better anyway. Cannibal Crowley makes a valid point, though. If you are going to try to screen every purchase ideologically, you are going to make yourself crazy or end up doing without a lot of things.

powertoast
October 1, 2004, 12:29 PM
<it's almost impossible to not do business with everyone whose views oppose your own.

Thats true. But its easy to avoid many of them, and thats what we should do. If each of us put out the slightest bit of effort, people like Tim Leatherman wouldn't feel so free to poke a finger in our eyes. The world has gotten in such bad shape, IMO, because fewer and fewer people are willing to stand up for what is right and condemn what is wrong. Tim Leatherman is wrong, and his fat wallet will be missing a couple of C notes this year because of it. I know this for a fact, because they are my C notes. :)

We can close our eyes to right and wrong, or not. I chose not.

best regards

Joe Demko
October 1, 2004, 12:33 PM
If each of us put out the slightest bit of effort, people like Tim Leatherman wouldn't feel so free to poke a finger in our eyes.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. How has Tim Leatherman poked you in the eye? By endorsing a candidate or by endorsing the candidate you do not support? Leatherman is free to make political choices and you are, of course, free to do business with whomever you choose; but, I honestly am not sure what your reasoning is here.

Skunkabilly
October 1, 2004, 12:37 PM
>> Lee Fromson, president, Cascade Designs (Seattle, WA) <<

So y'all're gonna buy new water filters now?

>> Dan Nordstrom, CEO, Outdoor Research (Seattle, WA) <<

Whew, good thing I have an Adventure Medical Kit first aid kit instead!

>> Jeff Bowman, vice president, Cascade Designs (Seattle, WA) <<

Damn, I'm gonna have to sell both my filter AND my purifier?! And my Thermarest pad!!

>> Tim Leatherman, president, Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. (Portland, OR) <<

Hmm...dammit!

>> Steve Barker, CEO, Eagle Creek Travel Gear (San Diego, CA) <<

What the hell, Maxpedition is better anyway.

>> Mike Wallenfels, vice president, Mountain Hardware (Richmond, CA) <<

Good thing I bought a Big Agnes tent! But I like M.H.'s softshell jacket...hmm...

>> Tony Post, president, Vibram (Concord, MA) <<

And I just had my Danners resoled!!!

>> Michael Crooke, CEO, Patagonia (Ventura, CA) <<

Capilene makes my crotch stink anyway.

Seriously folks...you're going to replace all your hardware?

powertoast
October 1, 2004, 01:05 PM
No, just avoid them as best we can in the future. :)

Jay Kominek
October 1, 2004, 02:17 PM
Seriously folks...you're going to replace all your hardware?
As near as I can tell, you're the only one talking about replacing. The original poster just appears to be suggesting avoiding new purchases from the guy.

And as was mentioned, the Swisstool is a better multitool, anyways. So giving up leatherman stuff is no big sacrifice. ;)

Skunkabilly
October 1, 2004, 02:30 PM
As near as I can tell, you're the only one talking about replacing. The original poster just appears to be suggesting avoiding new purchases from the guy.

Doh...forgot the HTML tags :o

45R
October 1, 2004, 02:45 PM
I have a SOG multitool. I love it!!! :)

hso
October 1, 2004, 04:17 PM
Why does this require you to stop buying Letherman or Columbia or any of the others? They came out in support of Kerry's environmental positions and against President Bush's and said nothing against the RKBA or the individual rights interpretation of the 2nd. Different litmus tests for different groups.

birddog
October 1, 2004, 05:35 PM
Why should we boycott Leatherman? I think him and Paul Shaffer are really really funny.

;)

Sawdust
October 1, 2004, 06:16 PM
Capilene makes my crotch stink anyway.

TMI! TMI! :barf:

Sawdust :p

nomadboi
October 1, 2004, 06:42 PM
For what it's worth, I love my Leatherman Wave, and when I did manage to break a blade after 6 years, they replaced it right away at no charge...

DigMe
October 1, 2004, 07:12 PM
Wow! We've got "Boycott Leatherman" and "Leatherman Rocks!!" threads only inches away. I love this wonderful place we call...the internet. :neener:

brad cook

Mantis
October 1, 2004, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE]Why should we boycott Leatherman? I think him and Paul Shaffer are really really funny.[QUOTE]

You're right Birddog. I think Leatherman is much funnier than Leno[QUOTE]

submin
October 1, 2004, 08:33 PM
I wish these manufacturers would keep there political opinions to themselves.

Now, the next time I have to take a dump in the woods, I'm going to decorate my work with my Leatherman before I cover it up. :fire:

Thanks Tim.

birddog
October 1, 2004, 09:48 PM
Haven't seen you around in a while........But glad to see someone around here appreciates good humor.

Or humor, anyway.

:D

Double Naught Spy
October 2, 2004, 10:08 AM
Does somebody have the master list of boycotts? I think I am down to only being able to shop for a few non-boycotted products, but I can't keep them all straight.

jefnvk
October 2, 2004, 11:51 AM
I like the Gerber ones much better anyway, BUT, I still see boycotting them as sort of extreme. After all, the UAW supports Kerry, but I don't hear anyone saying that we shouldn't be buying UAW built cars. Simply because they have an opposing viewpoint, doesn't facilitate boycotting.

But thats what's great about a free market. If yo don't think it is extreme, go ahead and boycott them.

riverdog
October 2, 2004, 12:04 PM
I only boycott Levi Strauss because I prefer Wrangler jeans and Royal Robins 5:11's (now Half Dome's) over Dockers. I buy whichever clothing and equipment I prefer as long as it makes sense financially (ie., if I can afford it). There are too many companies that for whatever half-baked reason don't agree with me politically and a lot of them cater to the outdoor crowd. Leatherman makes a good tool, but I'll try a SOG multi-tool -- Gerber could do better.

Edit: Okay, maybe the Gerber Legend Multi-Plier 800. If I can find one I'll check it out at the gunshow tomorrow.

ssr
October 2, 2004, 12:48 PM
Damn. I bought a Leatherman just a couple days ago. And I was sitting there going back and forth multiple times between it and the Gerber.
Oh yeah, and boycott UAW too.

hso
October 2, 2004, 12:49 PM
Keep this up, boycott anyone that says anything remotely connected to something you think they support, and you'll be down to buying NFA weapons only. Considering that firearms manufacturers donate to both Republican and DEMOCRATIC parties perhaps we should boycott those as well?:rolleyes:

I boycott companies that are directly anti-gun owner and pro Boxer and Feinstein.

mountaindrew
October 2, 2004, 01:23 PM
I really dont see how a private citizen who happens to own a company should be accused of "poking his finger in our eyes" just because he states his support for a political candidate. If I state support for Bush, I hope I am not sticking my finger in the eye of everyone who votes Kerry. I can voice my opinion, I hope, without alienating all of those good people who happen to disagree with me on one issue. Besides, this presidential election Doesnt even have any stron pro-RKBA candidates. Bush wanted to renew the Assault Wepons Ban, remember?

CannibalCrowley
October 2, 2004, 01:46 PM
Double Naught Spy requested a "master list" and I've something rather close. The Pink Pistols has a list of National Companies & Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies (http://www.pinkpistols.com/antigun.html) . Frankly, I highly doubt that anyone here doesn't give money to at least one of the groups on that list. In fact, some people would have to change their religious practices in order to stop their support of antis.

If anyone can say that they do not, and never will in the future, support any of these organizations; then by all means step forward. I highly doubt that anyone will be able to do so. For those that only boycott some of the companies, why some and not others?

GhostRider-Nine
October 2, 2004, 03:48 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. How has Tim Leatherman poked you in the eye? By endorsing a candidate or by endorsing the candidate you do not support? Leatherman is free to make political choices and you are, of course, free to do business with whomever you choose; but, I honestly am not sure what your reasoning is here.

Maybe the email I sent them can answer the above......

"Dear Sirs,

I just learned that your company has decided to back Kerry for President. This saddens me. I for one USED to love leatherman products, but I will now no longer buy them or reccomend them to friends. Any company that is dumb enough to support the likes of Kerry, I want nothing to do with. Anyone but Bush huh? Hope you guys have fun watching your sales crash and burn, as I like thousands of other freedom conscious Americans know about your stupidity.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX

In other words, if I have a choice and knowledge, I WILL NOT line the pockets of people or business's that do not care about my rights and freedoms.

GhostRider-Nine
October 2, 2004, 03:54 PM
Bush wanted to renew the Assault Wepons Ban, remember?

Yeah, thats why he lobbied congress every day for it, right? He was on the phone threatning and twisting arms, right? He went for the renewing like Klinton went for the original, right? Ohh yeah, he wanted it renewed.

jsalcedo
October 2, 2004, 07:17 PM
If a business wants to remain free of boycotts then the honchos need to keep their opinions private.

I will not knowingly buy any product or service run by liberals who support anti gun candidates or policies.

I have given up dozens of products made by anti gun companies.

Since I buy most everything used anyway it makes it much easier to stick to my principles.

GhostRider-Nine
October 2, 2004, 08:19 PM
Dang, check out what two of my online friends just sent Leatherman.....

Gentlemen,

Is it true that Leatherman is endorsing Kerry for president? I can't believe it !

Does Leatherman wish to endorse for Commander in Chief of the American military a former sailor that constructed reason to run from a war in southeast Asia and lead our future military in the same cowardly way? We are at war, gentlemen, and it wasn't started by the USA. That war includes Iraq as well as others.

Will Leatherman endorse a man who admitted envolvement in activities in Vietnam that should have lead to prosecution instead of honorable discharge?

Does Leatherman endorse a man who demonized the young men and women with lies who honorably served in a war even while being drafted to do so?

Has Leatherman lost its mental facilities so grossly that it would endorse a reserve naval officer who met with communist government officials to degrade our efforts to support the Liberty of people in Vietnam. That's treason gentlemen. Our nation didn't elect Benedict Arnold either.

Will Leatherman endorse a man who blocked efforts to find MIAs in Vietnam during his terms in the Senate? That is the worst kind of betrayal.

Would you seriously endorse a man for Commander of our military who votes to send troops to Iraq, then votes against supply them with the equipment necessary to keep them equiped and safe?

Perhaps Leatherman is profiting in the same ways Kerry's family profited by gaining exclusive commercial rights in the land of Communist Vietnam?

Perhaps Leatherman does not care about alienating former submarine crews like me who were called baby killers all due to the efforts of your man Senator John Kerry, the man who admits he was the baby killer instead. Not one torpedo left my submarines in anger to kill children.

Well, Leatherman, this native Oregonian will no longer due business with your kind who endorses treason, betrayal; and one who falsely places blame on the war in Vietnam on a Republican president when it was acutally a Kennedy - Johnson war brought on by years of Democrat congress lies and missteps. There's more I could add, but that should
sufficienty imply my outrage at such a thought.

No wonder that Oregon has become so politically screwed up.

Meanwhile, don't just toss me off as an angry Republican. I am a registered Constitution Party voter. You should check it out.

Sincerely,

XXX XXXXX

Dear Tim Leatherman,

I just learned that your company has decided to back Kerry for President. This saddens me. I for one use and own four Leather man products. I will no longer buy or recommend your products. I have given many as gifts to soldiers. I will no longer do that instead I will use other products make by companies that care about America and support our soldiers. If you and your company chose to support Senator Kerry, a man “Unfit for Command” that is your choice as it is my choice to no longer support your products.
I have also contacted several active Army commanders in Iraq and have offered to exchange Gerber's for Leatherman's’ for our young soldiers.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Major, US Army [Ret]

Yup, I think that just about covers my feeling on this matter also.

cracked butt
October 2, 2004, 08:45 PM
I have no use for a Leatherman anyhow. I have a Gerber Multitool, which IS much better.:cool:

Kim
October 2, 2004, 10:45 PM
I can say I do not support directly any of those groups listed by pink pistols. I have changed some of my Investmants due to the Strong Foundation. I do not use AT& T any longer. As a physician I refuse to be a member of any of those groups. I do see patients that work at Sara Lee but I get their money they do not get mine and I buy gun things with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:neener:

Roon
October 3, 2004, 12:30 AM
I try and keep my eye on the ball... If they start coming out anti, then that's another story, but supporting Kerry? So does Intel, what are we gonna do, give up computers?

Besides, I've got a Wave, and love it. I ain't throwing it away.

Keep your powder dry, for when you really need it.

crawfish
October 3, 2004, 04:14 AM
Copy of the letter I just send to them

To whom it may concern,
I just read the Yahoo Finance article dated September 14 2004 about a press conference held with regard to support for John Kerry and John Edwards.
Your president Mr. Leatherman has every right in this great nation to support whom ever he pleases. I as a businessman also have the right to show my support.
I am a farmer. It has been my policy to issue a Leatherman tool to every new employee. Since 1999 that is about 100 of your multi-tools. As of Monday October 04 2004 I will return all Leatherman tools I now have and will change to the Gerber product.

ssr
October 3, 2004, 07:45 AM
Of course he has every right to support whoever he wants. It's also different whether he supports them as an individual, or whether he supports them as an owner/predident of a company and supports them in the name of a company. If someone supports a candidate in the name of a company, those that suppport the other candidate can then decide whether they want to continue to support the company that is backing or helping to finance the candidate they do not want.

If people support politicians in the name of their business, whether they be companies or show business, then they have to realize that those opposed to their candidates will therefore not want to support their business. If a company is actively supporting a candidate I oppose, why would I want to give them my money, which they can then turn around and give to the candidate I oppose.

utahminirevolver
October 3, 2004, 09:39 AM
Tim Leatherman's rationale is the environment. Saving nature is important, but won't do us much good if our heads are rolling off to the strains of, "Allahoo Akbar".

And anyway, GWB is doing pretty good at keeping nature as pure as possible, IMHO.

sendec
October 3, 2004, 10:45 AM
How many of those screaming because Leatherman's opinion differs from their's on politics own a SKS or AK clone?

I buy the products that best suit my needs. Do what you need to do, but I doubt Leatherman will feel much of a sting.

Oh, BTW I own Leathermans, Gerbers and a Swisstool. The Swisstool weighs a ton, and the Gerbers, well, they are Gerbers.

birddog
October 3, 2004, 12:02 PM
Maybe I'm way off base here...But I'm a Republican, I'm voting for Bush (and did last time) and think that if Leatherman wants to support Kerry, well.....whatever. Do they make a good product? Do they stand behind it? Political affiliations are not the be-all and end-all of a business or an individual. A boycott of someone for voicing their opinion...I don't know, it just sits wrong with me. Yes, you have the right to boycott Leatherman, but just because you can, I don't know if that means you should.

Brian Dale
October 3, 2004, 12:18 PM
CannibalCrowley,If anyone can say that they do not, and never will in the future, support any of these organizations; then by all means step forward.Nope, I can't say that. But I'm pretty conscientious about avoiding Levi Strauss and Sara Lee brands, explained above. They've taken an active, leadership role against fundamental human self-defense rights.

Leatherman is supporting a candidate that I think is evil, but they apparently chose to do so for reasons that I accept. I won't be buying any of their stuff before the election, but I don't think that I'll holler for a boycott. That's just my opinion, and I like hso's points.

I sure like my Gerber Multi-tool.

ssr
October 3, 2004, 12:31 PM
I won't "boycott" someone because I don't support their politics or opinions.

But, I see no sense in giving someone my money, that they will just take and then give to support my opposition. If someone is going to take my money, and then use it to support my opposition, well, it makes no sense for me to give them my money.

Kamicosmos
October 3, 2004, 02:49 PM
Leatherman Products are made in the USA. And, the Leatherman tool is the multi-tool of choice for NASA, which I think is very cool.

I have used a Leatherman since around 94, and currently wear a Pulse everyday. I feel more naked without it than I do when I forget my wallet or watch! I'm currently daydreaming about that new Ti version of the wave that just came out.

The only time I will 'boycott' a company is when I get a bad product or bad service. Leatherman makes an incredibly good product, and I've heard their service is top-notch. And the product is US made, which is more than one can say about most products now-a-days. Don't see any of us Red-Blooded Americans crying for a boycot on chinese made stuff, do ya? That's where you should put your energy when it comes to boycotting something. But I digress...

If Tim Leatherman wants to support a Candidate, that's his right. Just like I can support Bush. Personally, I don't think a 'company' should even be allowed to endorse and back political candidates. But that's just me.

GhostRider-Nine
October 3, 2004, 03:17 PM
Don't see any of us Red-Blooded Americans crying for a boycot on chinese made stuff, do ya? That's where you should put your energy when it comes to boycotting something. But I digress...

That is completely different. But given the choice I will not buy a chinese product. The bottom line is that freedom and princibles mean more to some than others. Given the choice why would anyone want to line the pockets of some business who backs someone for President that does not care about our freedoms?

seeker_two
October 5, 2004, 07:04 AM
Here is Mr. Leatherman's response to an e-mail I sent him...

Yes, I actually sent the e-mail to Mathew you copied and pasted below.

My endorsement was personal. I explained as best I could in the letter to Mathew. I can't deny I did add my job title and corporate affiliation to the letter I signed. If that in your opinion is a corporate endorsement, so be it. However, I have not contributed corporate funds to any candidate and my employees do not necessarily share my views.

No matter what happens, my employees and I are still going to do our absolute best to make great tools and hope that you and all Americans, no matter what your political affiliation, will find them of value.

Tim Leatherman

----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:25 AM
To: Mktg-1
Subject: To: Tim Leatherman...Is this true?

I'm a member of a sportsman's bulletin board. Recently, one member posted an e-mail received from you (allegedly) in response to his e-mail inquiring about your support of John Kerry for President...

Hello Mathew,

Thanks for answering my questions. As for acknowledging your rights, yes I do acknowledge your rights.

Maybe I wasn't very smart to give my job title and business affiliation when I gave my endorsement, rather than to do it personally, but I did. I didn't anticipate that you and others would refuse to buy Leatherman tools because of my political views, but that's your right. If it costs me money, so be it. The worse thing is, that by refusing to buy Leatherman tools you will make my employees suffer more than me, and I didn't mean to drag them into this fray. American manufacturing jobs are being hit hard enough already.

Sincerely yours,

Tim Leatherman

I wanted to confirm the content of this e-mail with you. Did you actually send this?

If so, is your support of John Kerry for President a personal endorsement or the position of Leatherman Tool Group Inc. ?

These answers are important to me. I currently own two of your products (Wave & Micra). The answers to these two questions will determine whether I own any more of your products.

Thank you for your response and quality product.

From what I see, he's endorsing Kerry from a personal position, not a corporate one.

I won't hold that against him--even if he's dead wrong. But I do appreciate the fact he's not dragging his corporation into the mix.

For that, I may continue to buy Leatherman. If he changes his mind & starts making corporate endorsements & contributions---then I'm back to SOG & Gerber.

nomadboi
October 5, 2004, 11:46 AM
I thought Kamicosmos had a good point. Why is supporting China's politics so different?

Besides, IMO the Patriot Act and other things I attribute to the current administration have done more to erode our freedoms than the AWB ever did; before you could get in hot water for having a bayonet lug... now you can get the FBI at your door for just checking out a book on gunsmithing from the public library and looking at pictures of one...

Thanks for posting Tim's response, by the way. Good to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. For my part, I think he's excercising his own freedoms in a fairly responsible way, and I agree that we shouldn't hold his company and employees to blame for it, any more than we should boycott Oregon for recieving his State taxes, or leave the US for taking his federal taxes.

As for saying it's ok for people to think a certain way, they just shouldn't be public about it... what message is that sending? Think what you want, just do it in secret. Doesn't sound like freedom of speech to me!

There are lots of important freedoms here guys, and the RKBA needs to be there to support them all, not supplant them.

GhostRider-Nine
October 5, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah right...."maybe I shouldn't have used my job title and company"....he knew exactly what he was doing. Now he is hiding behind his employes.

ReadyontheRight
October 6, 2004, 02:37 AM
Have some of you who think that a choice to no longer purchase Columbia, Patagonia, Leatherman and the others is frivolous actually read their statements:

"...we will leave future generations with air they can't breathe and water they can't drink...".

"...We must lower health care costs to stay in business..." (no mention of how John Edwards raised malpractice insurance with frivolous lawsuits)

"...They know that health care costs will continue to increase unless we are united in reducing obesity in America..." (outdoor activity police???)

"...Our national parks are severely under-funded resulting in rampant understaffing, site closures, eliminated visitor education programs, neglected cultural and natural resource preservation and unsafe trails..." (so we need federally-funded beaten paths through the wilderness to be safe?).

Have any of these people actually been in the outdoors?

If you agree that the actions suggested by the manufacturers above are an affront to the common human liberties established by the U.S. Constitution, I suggest that if you have any products from the companies listed above, you cut off the label and mail it to them, along with a letter telling them why.

I just bought a pair of wool overalls and a jacket from Columbia. I wish I could return them, but they've been out hunting.:fire:

steveno
October 6, 2004, 07:34 PM
I got this generic e-mail reply today from Leatherman Tool

Dear Sir or Madam:

I assure you I have personally read your e-mail. However, due to the volume of messages received, I cannot give a personalized response to each to you.

However, here in a nutshell is a general response:

Because I publicly stated how I am going to cast my vote, almost all of you have threatened a boycott against my company.

So be it.

I took a position, and now I will accept the consequences.

I am still going to do my absolute best to make great tools and hope that you and all Americans, of every political affiliation, will find them of value. If not today, someday.
Tim Leatherman
President
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.

Carlos
October 6, 2004, 08:03 PM
Tim is as free as you or I to vote for whom he prefers. Too bad he's an idiot.

However, this was a personal decision, not corporate.

I own Leatherman products and enjoy them. I'll not boycott.

jacketch
October 6, 2004, 08:32 PM
>> Tim Leatherman, president, Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. (Portland, OR) <<
However, this was a personal decision, not corporate.

Sounds like a corporate endorsement if there ever was one.

Ed Ely
October 6, 2004, 09:49 PM
Here is a response that I got from Mr. Leatherman that I share -

Dear Sir or Madam:

I assure you I have personally read your e-mail. However, due
to the volume of messages received, I cannot give a personalized
response to each to you.

However, here in a nutshell is a general response:

Because I publicly stated how I am going to cast my vote,
almost all of you have threatened a boycott against my company.

So be it.

I took a position, and now I will accept the consequences.

I am still going to do my absolute best to make great tools and
hope that you and all Americans, of every political affiliation,
will find them of value. If not today, someday.

Tim Leatherman
President
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.

Looks like he is man enough to stand behind what he says and fesses
up and does not hide behind a non truth. Fair enough for me.

roscoe
October 6, 2004, 11:59 PM
It would be one thing if he supported MMM or something, but Bush? Give me a break!

Carlos
October 7, 2004, 12:16 AM
Looks like he is man enough to stand behind what he says and fesses up and does not hide behind a non truth. Fair enough for me.

Precisely. More men should be like him. And, he's Oregon. I have respect for somebody who says it like it is - if I can believe that the statement above said he was personally voting for Kerry, not his company. He's not the only entity that owns Leatherman.

Let's face it, folks, we're all single issue (gunz) biased voters here.

Leatherman tools are good stuff, Period. I own two, and I'm keeping em.

I'm a card carrying Republican. Who in good faith can say that they appreciate GW's, for instance, overtime exemption law? I'm there. My company hasn't yet decided to screw me yet, but they can.

Who, in good faith, say they are hearing anything different than the same ole broken record promises for health care, blah blah blah, jobs, jobs, blah, Social Security reform, blah.... than I've personally heard for the 25 plus years I've been voting?

I have a PLAN!!! That's non-partisan politics. If that were to happen, the word itself would be obsolete. Makes me mad about all the monies wasted over this BS partisan scheme.

I hate it. A person should basically submit a resume (internet?) and people should vote accordingly.

That's a simplified take on my feelings about politics. It's time to revamp this outdated system.

Bugs66
October 7, 2004, 01:08 PM
I sent Leatherman a nasty gram. They can kiss my fanny. No more for me.

denfoote
October 7, 2004, 04:42 PM
Here is mine!!!

Let the battle be joined!!!
Ask your fellow anti gun lib, Rosie O'Donnel, about what the American gun owner can do!!!!!!
By the way, at least my vote will cancel out yours!!
Smith and Wesson made pretty good knife, last I heard!!

Stand up and fight or sink into the Kerry abyss!!!!!!!!!

Too bad he's an idiot.

Being stupid always has had consequences!!

Commies have always :cuss: 'ed me off!!!! :fire:

Joe Demko
October 7, 2004, 04:58 PM
Now Tim Leatherman is a commie?:rolleyes:

I understand the motivations for a boycott, but let's not turn this into a contest to see who can be the loudest, shrillest, and most over-the-top in denouncing Mr. Leatherman, okay? Leave your pitchforks, torches, and other "angry mob of villagers" accoutrements in the closet.

nomadboi
October 7, 2004, 05:54 PM
Pitchforks and torches? For better or for worse, I think this is a better armed mob than that...

Atticus
October 9, 2004, 12:16 AM
The "Kerry Leatherman multi-tool"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p9a62a45e4ecae462bc7196b7ecf5e228/f6b78db6.jpg

Vitamin G
October 10, 2004, 01:38 PM
I'll use what I already own, and avoid purchasing any new ones in the future...

Just like how I finished up what was left of my Heinz ketchup, cause its GOOD ketchup... But i'll be buying Hunts' catsup in the future...

If you enjoyed reading about "Boycott Leatherman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!