Make no mistake - this is why I'm looking to get a USP Tac with suppressor

PDA

Min
February 23, 2003, 06:36 PM
It's not to show off at the shooting range. It's not because I saw it in a movie. It's not because it will impress you people with your rather tedious and inane discussions ad nauseum about Kel Tec vs Kahr, or Glock vs Sig (wink).

It's because if someone tries to break into my abode, with the intention of robbing and/or killing me (as what happened last week with a family in Houston), they will face the business end of a .45 with a suppressor. I don't want to damage my hearing or flinch from shooting a .45 indoors.

Also, it'd be fun to shoot at the range.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoyed reading about "Make no mistake - this is why I'm looking to get a USP Tac with suppressor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone_Gunman
February 23, 2003, 06:39 PM
ok...

iamkris
February 23, 2003, 06:46 PM
Did I miss a debate / arguement / conversation somewhere?

JimC
February 23, 2003, 06:56 PM
:what:

Min
February 23, 2003, 07:01 PM
:D

Just feeling argumentative today. Just having fun. Chill!

JimC, what's with the face?

Skunkabilly
February 23, 2003, 07:13 PM
My first thought was that you hit 'new thread' instead of 'reply'...I do that all the time :D

10-Ring
February 23, 2003, 07:22 PM
Reads more like a testimonial than the beginning of a thread...

Congrats...I guess :scrutiny:

Schuey2002
February 23, 2003, 08:04 PM
Huh??:confused:

Congrats, I guess...:neener:

Min
February 23, 2003, 08:16 PM
Nevermind, I feel so stupid now. :rolleyes: :D

Schuey2002
February 23, 2003, 08:19 PM
I want to get a HK USP 45 Tactical because they look sooooooo uber-cool..

That, and the fact that Skunk can't get one.. It makes me want one all the more.. Hehehe.:neener:

Min
February 23, 2003, 08:45 PM
Hehehe that's the spirit Schuey. They ARE ubercool.

Gewehr98
February 23, 2003, 08:50 PM
It's because if someone tries to break into my abode, with the intention of robbing and/or killing me (as what happened last week with a family in Houston), they will face the business end of a .45 with a suppressor. I don't want to damage my hearing or flinch from shooting a .45 indoors.

Like 10-ring said, it sounds like you got your testimonial figured out for the investigation afterwards, though! Keep practicing, make sure it at least sounds sincere. ;)

10-Ring
February 23, 2003, 08:52 PM
I want to get a HK USP 45 Tactical because they look sooooooo uber-cool..

That, and the fact that Skunk can't get one.. It makes me want one all the more.. Hehehe.

OUCH!!!

Min
February 23, 2003, 08:53 PM
If an incident occurs and I have to use my suppressed USP, the police won't think I'm a "professional" will they?

Schuey2002
February 23, 2003, 09:03 PM
Lighten up 10-Ring, it's only a joke..

Notice the ---->:neener:

Gewehr98
February 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
If an incident occurs and I have to use my suppressed USP, the police won't think I'm a "professional" will they?

As proactive as you want to be against home invasion robberies, I'd recommend NOT setting up a perimeter of Claymores. The suppressed USP should work fine, once you get it back from police impound. :rolleyes:

That's kinda funny, if my budget can swing it, I think I'll collect guns that Skunkabilly can't get, either. But I'll stay away from tactical plastic for now. :neener:

Min
February 23, 2003, 09:05 PM
This USP Tactical model I'm talking about is going to cost me $1000! Not including the $600 + $200 NFA tax + misc fees for the suppressor! Ouch!

Damn, somebody better invade my residence! (J/K)

:banghead:

Do you all think the Tac is worth $1000?

Skunkabilly
February 23, 2003, 09:27 PM
That's kinda funny, if my budget can swing it, I think I'll collect guns that Skunkabilly can't get, either. But I'll stay away from tactical plastic for now.

Not for long ;)

Robert inOregon
February 23, 2003, 09:54 PM
The hearing loss from shooting a .45 in a room is only temporary. I have first hand experience. :o

denfoote
February 23, 2003, 09:59 PM
To quote Willie:
"If you got the money honey, ATF's got the time!!! " :D

Min
February 23, 2003, 09:59 PM
Maybe so, but hearing loss is cumulative over time.

10-Ring
February 23, 2003, 10:00 PM
Schuey2002 - ooops, wrong choice of smilies. All in good fun, right? (I edited out the smilie from previous post)

sanchezero
February 23, 2003, 10:02 PM
How many times do you think you'll need to defend your life in an enclosed space?

Schuey2002
February 23, 2003, 10:06 PM
No worries, 10-ring! ;)

It's all good.:neener:

Min
February 23, 2003, 10:07 PM
You don't have a spare sense of hearing. Sure, you'll get it back, but that ringing you hear for awhile - that's your ear mechanisms being damaged. Other loud noises over 140 dB WILL cause more damage to your hearing, and it doesn't have to be from shooting guns. Why expose yourself to sources of damaging noise if you can avoid it?

CleverNickname
February 23, 2003, 10:23 PM
Just a couple questions. Are you planning to carry this in a holster, or are you planning to have it stored somewhere? Do they make holsters for guns w/suppressors attached? IMO, I'd rather have the gun on my hip, and have it available right now, than have it be somewhere else in the house where it's not quite as accessible.

Min
February 23, 2003, 11:17 PM
No, I won't be carrying the USP at all. It's too big for CC. I have other guns for that. But at home, the it would the designated self defense weapon (with suppressor).

Advanced Armament Corp does supply you with a fake First Aid Kit (it has a medical cross on the outside) to go with the silencer. You can store your USP and silencer, and two spare mags in that small canvas bag. People will think that's your First Aid kit if they see it. But if they unzip that bag...:what:

Hahaha...now that's cool.

After re-reading your thread, I understand now what you're asking. No, I don't wear my gun around the house. That's a good point you make though. I do have various guns planted at strategic locations around the place. No, I do not have kids living with me.

Blackhawk
February 24, 2003, 02:36 AM
It's because if someone tries to break into my abode, with the intention of robbing and/or killing me (as what happened last week with a family in Houston), they will face the business end of a .45 with a suppressor. I don't want to damage my hearing or flinch from shooting a .45 indoors.Good thinking, and well said! :neener:

boing
February 24, 2003, 03:12 AM
Amen. If suppressors were OTC items, we wouldn't give a second thought to having one on a home defense gun. It would be a no-brainer.

We're just brainwashed by a life under inane federal legislation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Make no mistake - this is why I'm looking to get a USP Tac with suppressor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!