LAPD Anti-Terrorist Chief did NOT have permit for his pistol

PDA

Gunsnrovers
October 2, 2004, 10:38 AM
In the LA Times today, page B1, there is a lead local story that Anti-Terrorist Chielf John Miller did NOT have a permit to carry the S&W .38 he was caught with at LAX on September 23rd.

According to records, Miller's permit does not list the S&W as one of his CCW pistols. His permit lists a .380 Beretta and two .45 Glocks. California's CCW system is weapon specific. The article states that the crime is typically treated as a misdemeanor. I don't know how this is typically treated at a Federal level being in an airport.

Contradicting some earlier posts that Miller was detained, the LA Times reports that Miller was allowed to continue on his flight to NY with his wife and daughter.

The LA County DA is investigating, but I'm not worried. Chief Bratton talked to Miller and told him, "he should do a better job of keeping track of his firearms." :rolleyes:

I have not, and will not, register on line with the LA Times web page, but the article is on line as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "LAPD Anti-Terrorist Chief did NOT have permit for his pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WT
October 2, 2004, 11:19 AM
I doubt the feds are interested in this incident. It's no big deal.

Highland Ranger
October 2, 2004, 11:45 AM
would be if it was a mere mortal instead of one of the elite uber citizens

Wildalaska
October 2, 2004, 02:07 PM
If I was an LA defense atty (read PD) I would be following this one careful;ly...assuming he gets off, every time one of my gangtbangers got caught with a gun I would be moving for dismissal based on unequal treatment...

WildmorethanonewaytochangethelawsAlaska

molonlabe
October 2, 2004, 02:32 PM
I have not, and will not, register on line with the LA Times web page, but the article is on line as well.

Wiley
October 2, 2004, 05:43 PM
Sidebar to this thread: Anyone noticed it's predominatly the left-wing papers that require registration?

Returning you to the thread...

carp killer
October 2, 2004, 06:10 PM
George Orwell wrote a book about the elite.

Animal Farm

Standing Wolf
October 2, 2004, 06:12 PM
No law-abiding American citizen should ever need government permission to carry a gun anywhere.

Waitone
October 3, 2004, 07:27 PM
Jim March

Paging Jim March.

Please return to your office.

Dead
October 3, 2004, 07:49 PM
Wild,
Yes indeed they would set a very "good" precident for that! If I was ever on a jury in CA, I COULD NOT convict, based on the fact that they "let it slide" that another citizen did not have the proper "papers".

aut2no
October 4, 2004, 05:36 PM
If interested in reading further about Miller, see this thread (3/4 way down)

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103029

Thread discussed those who "forgot I had a loaded gun in my bag" types. Miller's background is very interesting.

If you enjoyed reading about "LAPD Anti-Terrorist Chief did NOT have permit for his pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!