Buying guns, shiping them to your house

PDA

jefnvk
October 3, 2004, 12:26 AM
I got to thinking. Why can CMP ship the guns to your door, without a FFL? And why couldn't a similiar system be put in place to purchase from any online dealer?

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying guns, shiping them to your house" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RavenVT100
October 3, 2004, 12:37 AM
I am fairly sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the CMP's authority to ship them to your house was given with Congressional authority. And it's not as if the CMP can ship any firearm to your house, and they're not shipping pistols. So their authority is quite limited in that regard.

Sunray
October 3, 2004, 02:37 AM
"...GIVE DETROIT TO CANADA..." We don't want it. Your lot took it fair and square in battle. It's yours.
The CMP can ship directly to you because you must prove yourself competent with firearms in order to buy from them. The CMP is an agency of your government. I wish we had up here. Our lot destroys all surplus CF firearms.

EOD Guy
October 3, 2004, 08:37 PM
The legislation establishing the CMP exempted them from the Gun Control Act of 1968. They don't have an FFL and are not bound by 27CFR. However, they are under considerable Congressional oversite and thats why they run everyone through NICS for approval before shipping.

jefnvk
October 4, 2004, 12:21 AM
Oh well. I wish they would provide some way to buy guns off the internet and have them sent to you.

Sunray, that comes from some liberal democrats I know from Detroit pushing for 'Canada'-like gun control and 'Canada' like health care. My reply to them was 'Go to Canada, then'. People in Detroit think their problems exsist statewide.

And Canada should take back our govenor :uhoh:

wintermute76
October 4, 2004, 12:31 AM
You could get a FFL and have them sent to your house. C&R FFL will get you milsurp rifles and handguns shipped to your front door. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying guns, shiping them to your house" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!