New Keltec P32 Owner- Surprised

PDA

pinetree64
February 23, 2003, 08:59 PM
I've been looking for a pocket pistol. Looked at the Tomcat, Jetfire and the P-32. People either love or love to hate the P-32. I did'n't care for them, but when a used (like new) one showed up at my local store for $179, I had to give it a try. I was apprehensive, but I went through 70 rounds, 50 UMC FMJ and 20 Hornady XTP, without a problem. Accuracy was ok (I'd like to do some short range work with it). Monday I'll be ordering more mags and a pocket holsters. 70 rounds isn't much, but I'm happy.

I'm surprised at how well this gun functioned and how easy it is to carry. I have 2 other carry guns, but this will be my everyday office gun, granted the Kimber compact will be close by.

Cheers,
tim

If you enjoyed reading about "New Keltec P32 Owner- Surprised" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
February 23, 2003, 09:01 PM
That's hot i was with mine!! After I tested it, I gave it to my wife!!

cratz2
February 23, 2003, 10:09 PM
70 rounds isn't much to go on, but when the first 70 rounds are perfect, that's a pretty good start. :p

Between the three P32s I've owned, I think I've had two failures, maybe three and these were all brand new guns shooting mostly HP ammo - SilverTips, Gold Dots and CorBons.

Only issue I've had with mine, and I didn't notice it with the other two, is the trigger is a bit sharp when shooting with my right hand. I just sanded it down with a sandpaper strip. I also wish they would use a metal trigger instead of that darn plastic one. For the price and the size, you really can't beat it.

yzguy
February 23, 2003, 11:03 PM
anyone with a P-32 that thinks about using HP's should know this:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/rimlock.htm

also a quote from the kt site (http://www.kel-tec.com/pr02.htm):
A customer installed .050" magazine spacer to prevent the occurrence of rimlock in short overall length hollow point cartridges in the P-32 will soon be available.
but nothing more has been heard of it since word of the P-3AT

Kilgor
February 24, 2003, 12:03 AM
On the P32 I can pull the trigger back to touching the frame and it doesn't fire. I have to increase pressure after it touches the frame to get it to fire. Is this normal?

cratz2
February 24, 2003, 12:20 AM
No, that's not normal Kilgor.

All three of mine fire when about 2/10", maybe 3/10" from the frame.

Blackhawk
February 24, 2003, 01:10 AM
Kilgor,

Not normal. I suggest you call Valerie Davenport at Kel-Tec (1-800-515-9983). She's a crack gunsmith and concentrates on the P-32.

yzguy
February 24, 2003, 11:20 AM
nope not normal...

if you wish to attempt it yourself, after chatting with KT, they will probably have a good idea of what the problem is and will send you a few parts to try out yourself (probably the transfer bar and hammer) if you ask them to. If you try this it will cost you nothing but your time. If it works great, you are done, if not (either you couldn't get it back together, or those parts are not what was wrong) then now you can simply ship the whole gun (whole or in pieces :) ) back to KT and all you are out is time....

Just throwing out an option....

also some instructions you can look over for disassembly if you wish to try it:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

Kilgor
February 24, 2003, 12:39 PM
Thank you! i will look into getting it fixed.

Clark
February 25, 2003, 07:08 PM
Kilgor,
I put a new body on mine and the same thing happened.
I removed materal off the back of the trigger gaurd and not from the trigger. It is fine now.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Keltec P32 Owner- Surprised" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!