Charlotte, NC Gunshow Oct 9-10

PDA

Langenator
October 4, 2004, 09:23 AM
Anybody going? I plan on being there Saturday afternoon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Charlotte, NC Gunshow Oct 9-10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cls12vg30
October 4, 2004, 10:44 AM
Possibly, I'm not sure. I might do some volunteering with GRNC.

misANTHrope
October 4, 2004, 11:15 AM
Sounds interesting, but I'll be on fall break and thus spending the weekend in my roommate's hometown (Ocean Isle Beach), seeking a good bow kill on a whitetail. Maybe the muzzleloader on Saturday. :D

LiquidTension
October 4, 2004, 09:51 PM
There are places to hunt on Ocean Isle? Guess I was always too busy checking out the women to notice the forest??? We started going to Sunset anyway - OI got too crowded.

Don't think I'll make the show, Lang. Lemme know if it's worth the drive - the ones here in town usually aren't and they're only 10 minutes away.

cls12vg30
October 5, 2004, 12:43 AM
Welll I was at the Fayettevillx
s\e show last weekend, and it was a bit small but no too bad. According to the C&E website, this one is almost twice the size of that one, so I think it's going to be pretty good.

Langenator
October 5, 2004, 07:08 AM
LT-

I've been to the C&E show in Charlotte once before. Very good show. One of the best I've been to. Big main building with a couple of smaller satellive buildings last time.

Even had a guy selling an M-60 last time. $20k if you've got it.

Yowza
October 5, 2004, 12:12 PM
If I had the money, I'd go. But the wife and I are most likely going to be car shopping real soon. Let us know how it was when you get back.

Rick

WhiteKnight
October 6, 2004, 12:49 PM
Sounds interesting, but I'll be on fall break and thus spending the weekend in my roommate's hometown (Ocean Isle Beach), seeking a god bow kill on a whitetail. Maybe the muzzleloader on Saturday.

Whenever I go hunting, I try to wait for a God kill too. Unfortunately, I guess he's busy, as I usually have to wait for the deer to get close enough for me to shoot 'em. :D

misANTHrope
October 6, 2004, 03:01 PM
seeking a good bow kill

:neener:

How's the Marlin working out for you?

Langenator
October 6, 2004, 03:11 PM
OK, I've got a further question, for those of you High Roaders who live in/around Charlotte:

The wife and I will be spending the night in Charlotte. Parents will be baysitting junior so we can have a night away.

What is there to do/where is there to go in Charlotte?

Football games are not an option; not that I give a rat's behind about the Panthers or the local college team anyway.

Langenator
October 7, 2004, 08:22 AM
For any High Roaders who will be goin, I'll be wearing my Molon Labe hat (thanks Kev!). If my IWB holster for my K40 shows up, I'll be wearing my "Celebrate Diversity" shirt. If not, I'll have a somewhat subdued tropical shirt to cover my Sig.

My wife will be the short cute one wearing the pink "Security Mom" shirt.

Roon
October 8, 2004, 03:25 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. Want to meet up at the GRNC booth around noon? (I'll be wearing an "NRA Sports" cap.)

Langenator
October 8, 2004, 03:55 PM
No way for me to weasel out of work before 12 or 12:30, and I live down in Columbia. So no way possible for me to get there before 2.

And what's GRNC? Gun _________ North Carolina, I assume.

prisoner6
October 8, 2004, 03:59 PM
Grass Roots North Carolina

Also the last few C&E shows here are down to the main building and one satellite building. Each one's been getting a little smaller than the last.

Roon
October 8, 2004, 04:04 PM
Langenator

Will 2:30 work, or would 3:00 be better?

GRNC = Grass Roots North Carolina (http://www.grnc.org) - our GOA affiliate

WhiteKnight
October 8, 2004, 04:27 PM
How's the Marlin working out for you?

Actually it's been firing every time I close the bolt. I haven't fiddled with anything on it at all, so it's a little frustrating. Every single time I close the bolt the gun discharges. :confused: :(

Langenator
October 8, 2004, 06:22 PM
Roon-

3 is probably better. Escaping form work always takes longer than I think it will. Plus gives me time to figure out exactly where everything is and wander around a bit.

Check your PMs

If you enjoyed reading about "Charlotte, NC Gunshow Oct 9-10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!