How Do I Adjust The Tension On A Standard AR15 CAR Stock???

PDA

cslinger
October 4, 2004, 11:44 AM
The stock doesn't want to stay in place under recoil. One Shoots, the gun recoils the stock pushes forward into a collapsing position.

How do you adjust the tension to avoid this?

Thanks so much,

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "How Do I Adjust The Tension On A Standard AR15 CAR Stock???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ny32182
October 4, 2004, 11:56 AM
Hmm... sounds like either the notches in your tube, or the pin in your stock, or the spring that holds the pin in your stock are out of spec. Never heard of that before...

You have to decide where the problem is to know what to replace.

NMshooter
October 4, 2004, 02:09 PM
Get a thick rubber band and wrap it around the latch. Or set the stock to the length you use most and duct tape it. I prefer the A2 stock myself, but it is too long for most folks.

gaven
October 4, 2004, 11:08 PM
Just replaced the fake one on mine with a real one i ordered from
cheaper than dirt , went and tried it sunday and the same thing happened to me. I tapped the roll pin out of the nut that holds the lever and unscrewed the nut a couple off turns and redrilled a new hole through the
screw and tapped the roll pin back in. The nut was not letting the pin
extend far enough to lock into the holes on the tube ,now it works fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "How Do I Adjust The Tension On A Standard AR15 CAR Stock???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!