Advice

PDA

Beav
February 23, 2003, 10:02 PM
So I'm sitting here at work. My co-worker is watching a movie on the wall TV. He's turns to me and says "That guy (on TV) just got popped with some brass knuckles". My co-worker who's very proud of his gangster past then looks me in the eyes and says "I should bring mine in and show you how they feel". He was joking but I didn't care for it. I responded "Well I have a few toys in my safe we could test while were at it." I wasn't serious but I wanted to match his stupid statement with one of my own to enlighten him. He then said "I'll just bring my friends they have guns and you won't know who they are". I turned back to my terminal, I had heard enough.

He left for the day with no apparent hard feelings but the situation was definitely awkward. The more I thought about it the more I realized I should have kept my big mouth shut. I felt that my words were irresponsible and I feel obligated to apologize but his last statement isn't sitting well with me.
So should I apologize or should I just forget about it? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Advice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
February 23, 2003, 10:09 PM
Fagitaboudit!

He was probably joking both times and probably knows you were too. However, seeing expression and body language means more than the words you reported. Only you can actually judge if he was joking.

Blackhawk
February 23, 2003, 10:36 PM
Mal nailed it.

It was just a sniffin' contest, and now you've bonded with him. :what:

HABU
February 23, 2003, 10:55 PM
My co-worker is watching a movie on the wall TV You guys get to watch movies while on the clock?:what: I could use a job like that, as long as I dont have to take a pay cut.

If you enjoyed reading about "Advice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!