Can't get Remington 700 trigger back together

PDA

WhiteKnight
October 5, 2004, 02:56 PM
I purchased a Jewell trigger for my Remington 700, and can't seem to install it on the gun.

I am confused as to where the spring and "black piece" go.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't get Remington 700 trigger back together" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WhiteKnight
October 5, 2004, 03:49 PM
Okay, I've got it together, but it still won't fit in the stock.

The bolt works perfectly, but when I sit the action in the stock it simply will not fit.

WhiteKnight
October 6, 2004, 12:58 AM
Any ideas? :(

cracked butt
October 6, 2004, 03:30 AM
Might have to remove some material from the stock to fit it. Just put the barreled action in the stock and see where its hanging up, and remove a little material with some coarse sandpaper wrapped around a dowel, a dremel tool or a small file.

I am confused as to where the spring and "black piece" go.
The bolt stop?

WhiteKnight
October 6, 2004, 11:37 AM
I've got the trigger and barreled reciever back together 100%.

I just can't get them to fit into the stock.

I guess I'll just sand it, but it looks like I'm going to have to remove about two inches of material from the entire right edge of the trigger guard hole:eek:

Barrelmaker
October 6, 2004, 02:38 PM
Know anyone with a milling machine? Would take about 5 minutes to remove that material for a good fit. More time in just the setup than the actual job itself.

WhiteKnight
October 6, 2004, 02:45 PM
See other post locate here (with pictures) (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104835)

Jim K
October 7, 2004, 12:00 AM
It is very common for after-market triggers not to fit the factory stock, and ones that do fit are the exception.

What do the instructions say? They should mention that removal of stock material is required to install the trigger. If the trigger unit is installed correctly on the receiver, and works, you have no alternative except to remove stock material to get the action back in the stock.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't get Remington 700 trigger back together" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!