Gun companies in the Southeast?

PDA

corncob
October 5, 2004, 04:29 PM
I'm trying to put together a list of gun companies with facilities located in the Southeastern US. I am sending out resumes and I want to cover all my bases, even if there is only the smallest outside chance of breaking into the industry now. I am almost done with my mechanical engineering degree and will be in interviews (with anyone I can--gun manufacturer or not) in December. Here's what I have so far:

FN Mfg. (here in Columbia)
Glock in Smyrna, GA
HK, if I can ever get in touch with anyone, in Columbus
Keltec, in FL
Serbu, in FL
Barrett, in TN

Does anyone know of any others--particularly any who are looking to hire a young, higly-motivated engineer with excellent grades/references/work history?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun companies in the Southeast?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lee n. field
October 5, 2004, 07:13 PM
Taurus-USA in Florida

JoeWang
October 5, 2004, 08:17 PM
Cobb Mfg. Co. just down the street. Makes 50bmg sniper rifles.

corncob
October 6, 2004, 10:43 AM
Anyone else?

RWK
October 6, 2004, 10:47 AM
1) I thought -- could be wrong -- that H&K’s US headquarters with in Dulles, Virginia.
2) How about a first-rate ammunition company: Georgia Arms?

hso
October 6, 2004, 10:49 AM
Doublestar in KY. Makes a very good AR and is very near to a nice 1911. Had a nice LARGE display at SHOT.

waktasz
October 6, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cavalry Arms is in Arizona, a bit out of your area. I believe they make polymer AR recievers among other things.

spin180
October 6, 2004, 07:41 PM
Remington Arms Company, Inc.
870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025-0700

That's the corporate HQ. They've got manufacturing plants in Arkansas & Kentucky. See this link for more:

Remington Arms Company Information (http://www.remington.com/aboutus/companyinfo.htm)

:)

corncob
October 7, 2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks, everybody.

Moparmike
October 8, 2004, 01:09 AM
Wilson Combat
Berryville, AR

Guncrafter Industries
Huntsville, AR
Maker of the .50 GI 1911

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun companies in the Southeast?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!