OMG i wish i had more cash....

PDA

Tharg
October 6, 2004, 02:10 AM
Reading through the rags i buy ... i buy a lot of rags... but the gun mags just make me wish i had more money =)

Couple of nice one's this go through....

Found a company making a 1911 in .50 cal... finally found a 1911 i wanted! Its only what... 2k$ rofl

SW selling thier .50 in a 4" version revolver w/ a muzzle break... well - whatever they call that thing.... i know a playtoy since even a small .50 is... well big...

and the most usefull gun i've wanted in a while....

the new HK Tactical Semi-auto. Had bad experience w/ the auto shot guns i've come in contact w/ - course - I've only had contact w/ one of the auto variety, and i've had bad experience w/ most auto's i've come in contact with. All have jammed on me cept my HK USPc in .40... makes me think i could buy this puppy and it would function everytime... which is what i look for mainly in a gun. =) I'll prolly end up w/ some kind of HK in an auto shot - since i've got my mossie in pump... just to see if it lives up to what i've come to expect from HK =)

hehe

Comments?

J/Tharg!

If you enjoyed reading about "OMG i wish i had more cash...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Rothman
October 6, 2004, 10:43 AM
I dunno... stop buying gun rags and save the money for guns? :D

halvey
October 6, 2004, 11:01 AM
but the gun mags just make me wish i had more money =) I always joke to my wife the rags tell me my stuff I bought last month is no good now, so I need to buy new stuff.

Actually, there are few new items I really want, besides a bolt gun or two. I'd like the 4" .500 (I shot one - awesome),
The Rohoborough (sp?) 9mm pocket gun looks promising, but for the price, I'd just rather overload my Kel Tec to 9mm velocities.

KRAUTGUNNER
October 6, 2004, 02:57 PM
Mortgage your house, sell your car, quit smoking, drinking and other vices............

Or try to rob a gunstore. ;) ;) ;) :evil:

ssr
October 6, 2004, 03:59 PM
finally found a 1911 i wanted! Its only what... 2k$ rofl

Actually it's closer to 3K than 2K.

fistful
October 7, 2004, 12:19 AM
Simple. Buy a stock 1911 in .45 from one of the Big Four (Springfield, Kimber, Para, Colt).;)

Moparmike
October 7, 2004, 12:25 AM
Found a company making a 1911 in .50 cal... finally found a 1911 i wanted!The GI.50 is made not 60 miles from me in Harrison, AR. Or is it Berryville?

One is Wilson Combat, the other is the GI.50 people. Cant remember which right now.

Tharg
October 7, 2004, 02:25 AM
I dunno... stop buying gun rags and save the money for guns?
If only - but then i wouldn't be as current in a print medium (read: mags near toilet... rofl) And sides - the pretty pictures! and erm... bah - i just like reading em =)

I always joke to my wife the rags tell me my stuff I bought last month is no good now, so I need to buy new stuff.
Don't think my guns are no good - nope nope never... so long as they cycle and i love em - they are my babies. =) Every single one of em =) Even the old as dirt passed down twice .22lr Marlin bolt =)

Mortgage your house, sell your car, quit smoking, drinking and other vices............ Or try to rob a gunstore. (many smiles)
heh funny you say that - where i bought my HK USPc .40 it was MUCH more expensive than previous guns i had bought... (and lord to ME it was worth it looking back) I was telling the guy who's store is connected to the local constables office that my gf wasn't going to like how much this one cost... he said "you could always stop by a 7-11........." ROFLMAO - he was joking of course... but was funny =) You know - back before when my almost 5 year old 1st (and only) dwi was... i could get gun/ammo/holsters/whatever w/o a odd glance... now i gotta wait. <sigh> guess i'll have to plan the robbery for a couple of days later now... <snicker> (oh and for the record - not against waiting periods... so long as i get my gun eventually since there is no law saying i shouldn't have one currently)

Actually it's closer to 3K than 2K.
i know it said 2k+... don't remember the actual pricetag... could look it up - but either way - its well out of my range atm. =)

Simple. Buy a stock 1911 in .45 from one of the Big Four (Springfield, Kimber, Para, Colt).
You'd have to assume i like the 1911 in most trims... so far that is the only one i've looked at and said ... man... now that would be nice to have. Not a big 1911 fan - i know thats blasphemy... but its true. =)

Not sure which it was Moparmike... just that reading the article made me wish i had that cash =) heheh. (you know - extra - expendable - undebateable - cash hehe)

article said that they tested the HK tacticle shot w/ 1oz hydrashok slugs... :what: :what: :what: Now ... i've not SEEN those... anyone know if they are any good for said purpose... or just something cool to say?

I know - shotgun - double-aught... but could be interesting in a 00 00 slug 00 slug loading ....

J/Tharg!

halvey
October 7, 2004, 08:45 AM
Simple. Buy a stock 1911 in .45 from one of the Big Four (Springfield, Kimber, Para, Colt). Para? What, is this guy your enemy or something?!?

fistful
October 8, 2004, 12:23 AM
Tharg, my suggestion that you buy a plain vanilla 1911 was a joke.

Halvey, I used to have a Para. Had some reliability problems, but it probably just needed new mag springs. Are Para's trouble? What's wrong with them? Their website tells me their real great!;) I actually want one, just because they make the only commander-sized gun I like (LTC) in a reasonable price range. Springfields and Kimbers have 4" barrels. :(

DigMe
October 8, 2004, 01:05 AM
Yeah, after leafing through one of the gun rags at the store the other day I now want a S&W 327 8 shot .357 revolver. Looks like a SWEET gun.

brad cook

MAURICE
October 8, 2004, 01:53 AM
The GI.50 is made not 60 miles from me in Harrison, AR. Or is it Berryville?

One is Wilson Combat, the other is the GI.50 people. Cant remember which right now.

Wilson is in Berryville, and I think the GI 50 is made in Huntsville, IIRC.
BTW Mike, If you want to shoot the 50, Ozark Sportsmans Supply in Tontitown has a demo gun that you can shoot. Think its a buck a round.

Tharg
October 8, 2004, 02:01 AM
Oooo a 8 shot... i like my tracker in 7 - thats for sure =)

Edit: Did i mention i just tormented myself about some Walther P22's in the handgun for sale section <sigh>

Been wanting one o' those since i seen em.... wouldn't mind a 99 either... rofl - i need to win the lottery... yeap yeap... the lottery....

J/Tharg!

Edit2: did i mention i'd have to buy a ticket first? <rofl>

halvey
October 8, 2004, 08:28 AM
Halvey, I used to have a Para. Had some reliability problems, but it probably just needed new mag springs. Are Para's trouble? What's wrong with them? Their website tells me their real great! I actually want one, just because they make the only commander-sized gun I like (LTC) in a reasonable price range. Springfields and Kimbers have 4" barrels. I hear the mag springs argument all the time. If that's the case for an extra 5 cents they could fix it, but don't? I don't buy it.

Colt's have many nice 4.25" Commanders WITH A BUSHING! I just picked up a loose ugly ORM for $250 less than the Para and it'd group better than any Para I used to have.

DigMe
October 8, 2004, 11:20 AM
Oooo a 8 shot... i like my tracker in 7 - thats for sure =)

The best part is it's light and has a tiny little 2" barrel. Yup...ideal for concealed carry.

http://www.swfirearms.vista.com/content/00/01/32/32/75/userimages/170245_large.jpg
brad cook

mokster
October 8, 2004, 08:47 PM
wow, I think I need one of them. But speaking of .50 I have a friend who is looking for a Lar Grizzly in .50 hard to find. Saw one at a shop for 650.00 a while back thought about it by the time we got back it was gone.:banghead:

Tharg
October 9, 2004, 01:36 AM
Nice Brad!

8 shots out o' that snubby??? Hmmm i was looking at another taurus in total titanium (seeing as i like my tracker so much) Saw it at the gun shop when i was doing my CHL and fell in love w/ it =)

J/Tharg!

lwsimon
October 9, 2004, 07:07 AM
Moparmike - The people that make the .50 1911 are located in Huntsville. I live in Fayetteville, and I applied for a job there :) Still haven't heard back...

If you enjoyed reading about "OMG i wish i had more cash...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!