Mec Gar Sights

PDA

Maestro
December 30, 2002, 12:12 AM
Anyone using these on their handguns?I just got a set for the 1911 I'm having done.I like the white outline on the rear.I've never used these before.Any info appreciated,good or bad.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mec Gar Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
emann
December 30, 2002, 01:08 AM
I didn't know Mec-Gar even made sights. I do know that there magazines are near the best.

WESHOOT2
December 30, 2002, 01:59 AM
I have a set on my favorite Witness.
Maybe not the sleekest, but hanging in there fine fine fine.

Peen where the front pin goes through.

railroader
December 30, 2002, 09:24 AM
I have a target set on my cz75b. They are not the lowest profile sights in the world but they have worked well. They are actually LPA sights. http://www.precisionsights.com/ Mark

stans
January 1, 2003, 05:21 PM
I have a set on a TZ-75 Series 88. The only problem I have had is the elevation screw. The sight tended to bounce during recoil and the elevation screw would move and change the setting. I used a small punch to upset the metal surrounding the screw head and provide a little bit of an interference fit between the screw head and sight body. This seems to have eliminated the problem.

Steve in PA
January 1, 2003, 05:31 PM
I put a set on my Beretta 92FS, another on a S&W 6906, haven't had a problem with them at all. I have the two-dot type for the rear.

JohnKSa
January 2, 2003, 12:08 AM
As pointed out, they are actually made by LPA. I have a one on a Glock 20. I have barrels for that pistol in .40, .357Sig and the original 10mm so I needed an adjustable sight. The sight seems to be well constructed and was very reasonably priced.

jim-alex
January 2, 2003, 12:37 AM
I installed a Mec-Gar adjustable rear and new front blade on my 1911. The sights were only marketed by MecGar, they did not make them - made by LPA as someone else said. Rear sight is fine, nice picture, holds its adjustment well. The problem I ran into had to do with staking the front sight - mine needed the narrow tenon front sight - sight pops off after 200 - 300 rounds. I call MecGar asking to purchase a replacement front blade - they tell me they don't make them so they do not have just the fronts, only the entire set. No problem I think - I'll just purchase another manufacturer's - problem was the rear sights set so darn high I had a heck of a time finding a replacement front. Nice sights but not impressed with customer service.

I really like their mags though.

Regards
Jim

Nanook
January 2, 2003, 11:14 AM
I put a set on my CZ75B in .40 S & W. So far so good. They do sit higher than I expected and I had to also change the front sight. (included) They look a little odd sitting up so high, but work well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mec Gar Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!