Pro RKBA actors/actresses???

PDA

slh02
February 24, 2003, 02:12 AM
Hello all. As I was watching season one of "The Shield" on DVD with the commentary track on, a pro-RKBA comment made by Michael Chiklis (Vic on the show) got me to thinking about what other pro-RKBA actor's and actresses are out there. I know that there are not many, but I would like to get a little list going with the help of you all. Off of the top of my head, I can only think of a few:

Michael Chiklis ("The Shield"): On the commentary track, he made it a point to note that he recieved his first firearm at the age of 6 (a Browning semiauto 12gauge if I remember correctly). He also told a great story about how his Father made him shoot a melon to demonstrate the destructive power of said shotgun. Chiklis said that he learned to respect firearms at a very young age. Since hearing this, I have gained much more respect for this already fine actor.

Arnold Schwarzenegger ("The Terminator"): Although I have no proof of my claims, I have heard many of times that Arnold is pro-RKBA. The Hummer with a browning .50 mounted on top of it in his possession makes me think so as well.

Kurt Russell ("The Thing", "Dark Blue"): We already have a thread here on THR about Russell's pro-RKBA stance. It was good to hear, and will ensure that I support Russell's movies in the future.

Bruce Willis ("Die Hard", "Tears of the Sun"): Again, we have a thread here on THR about pro-RKBA comments made by Willis. Seems to be one more thing to like about an already great actor.

Well folks, those are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Im sure that there are others out there, so I would appreciate any that you all could add. Pro-RKBA actresses would also be appreciated, as I personally can not think of a single one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro RKBA actors/actresses???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 24, 2003, 02:25 AM
Tom Selleck.

OBTW, there is another thread on this if you do a search.;)

Kahr carrier
February 24, 2003, 04:15 AM
Barbara Mandrell.:D

swingset
February 24, 2003, 04:59 AM
There aren't many - and some of the best actors in the world are decidedly anti.

Unfortunately, it's the "right-brainers" and all their creativity that seem to be the most devoid of logical thought.

sm
February 24, 2003, 05:13 AM
Susan Howard, IIRC she is on the board of NRA...forgot what she played on... having a mature moment here folks.

schild
February 24, 2003, 07:13 AM
Susan Howard was on Dallas?

Mastrogiacomo
February 24, 2003, 07:22 AM
Rick Schroeder from NYPD Blue. :D
Elvis Presley own an extensive collection himself -- had just about every gun you could imagine.
Julia Robert mentioned in an interview she carries.
Queen Latifia carried before it got her in trouble...
Rapper/actor? Ice T owns firearms

freeride21a
February 24, 2003, 08:20 AM
the red head from that 70's show laura prepon, she has a mini-14 and apparently loves to shoot it.

Mastrogiacomo
February 24, 2003, 10:19 AM
Actually, I may be mistaken about Ice-T (who knows?). I meant to say Ice Cube...why can't people just use their real names? Can they be any more embarrassing than their stupid, dangerous sounding ones?:cool:

cuchulainn
February 24, 2003, 10:33 AM
Schwartzenegger on guns:

http://www.youthradio.org/politics/021017_prop49.shtml

And the movies, with the gun in my hand? I don't run around every day with a gun in my hand. So I want kids to understand the difference: one is make-believe, like we do in movies. But in reality, I'm for gun control. I'm a peace-loving guy. I hate violence amongst the young kids.

Quantrill
February 24, 2003, 10:47 AM
Robert Stack, a champion trap shooter and Ted Nugent, on the NRA board.

Baba Louie
February 24, 2003, 10:48 AM
Whats the name of that young russian female who played Lae-Lu on the Fifth Element? I've read that she also is a firearms enthusiast. Milla somethingovitch?

Adios

Flying V
February 24, 2003, 10:57 AM
Milla Jovovich.

/homer
mmm...Milla Jovovich
/-homer

Mastrogiacomo
February 24, 2003, 11:20 AM
What about Dolly Parton?

DMK
February 24, 2003, 11:21 AM
You should have seen the big grin on his face the other night when he was shooting up a watermelon with a Lewis gun!

Ed Straker
February 24, 2003, 11:38 AM
Bo Derek
Sarah Michelle Gellar said something once upon a time...
Dolly Parton? Ma Deuce!

Ed Straker
February 24, 2003, 11:41 AM
As far as that Schwartzenegger quote, typical Republican...

NewShooter78
February 24, 2003, 01:18 PM
Not an actor, but musician James Hetfield of Metallica fame is a big firearms enthusiast/hunter.

slh02
February 24, 2003, 02:20 PM
Colored me surprised on that Arnold quote. I could have sworn up and down all day that the man was pro-RKBA. Sorry to hear what he really thinks when he is making all of his money with a gun in his hand. :fire:

Also, I know that they are not real actors, but the boys of Aerosmith seem to like their guns. There was a story recently about them "bribing" police officers in New York to get carry permits.

CZ-75
February 24, 2003, 02:20 PM
James Earl Jones

Paul Sorvino (but NOT Mira)

Chuck Norris ("actor" is pushing it)

Erik Estrada ("actor" is pushing it)

Frohickey
February 24, 2003, 04:35 PM
John Milius - director/screenwriter (Conan the Barbarian)... he's been on the NRA BoD for a long time now.

I doubt Julia Roberts would be pro-RKBA... she's leftist in almost everything else. Sharon Stone also had said that she used to have guns, but she has given them up. How nice, these actors/actresses would give up their guns, since they have camera surveilance in their mansions and paid bodyguards. :scrutiny:

Schwartznegger is a RINO

thisaway
February 24, 2003, 09:21 PM
I have heard that actress Dina Meyer (of Starship Troopers) is pro-gun.

Jedi_7.62
February 24, 2003, 09:41 PM
TED NUGENT ...personal hero!!!!!!

Guys in Metalica at least Hetfield not positive on the rest
Couple of the guys in Motley Cure

and... Probably most country singers at least the older ones
probably other Metal type performers as well

I think the Sheens Charlie and Martin not possitive tho?

Jedi_7.62
February 24, 2003, 09:43 PM
Sammy Hagar

cuchulainn
February 24, 2003, 10:03 PM
I think the Sheens Charlie and Martin not possitive tho? Big no.

Martin Sheen did ads for Brady Campaign (then HCI) during the 2000 election. http://www.packing.org/news/article.jsp/2380

AZTOY
February 24, 2003, 10:11 PM
OZZY

I have seen him with a shotgun on his show . But I think he want to shoot the guy next door !!:uhoh:

David Roberson
February 24, 2003, 11:23 PM
Ozzy also owns a Garand, or at least he pretends to on his show.

Joe Mantegna is a handgunner. So is Rene Russo.

Jeri Ryan, who played "Seven of Nine" on "Star Trek: Voyager" and is now on "Boston Public," is an AR shooter.

slh02
February 24, 2003, 11:26 PM
But what is a RINO??? I've been trying to figure out what it stands for, but its just not coming to me...

We have a pretty good list going though. Im surprised at some of the responses.

Monkeyleg
February 24, 2003, 11:28 PM
Rene Russo is a handgunner?

I'm in love all over again.;)

CZ-75
February 24, 2003, 11:36 PM
RINO = Republican In Name Only

John popper of Blues Traveler.

Julia Roberts is a "them vs. us" gun owner. Commoners = "them"

Charlie Sheen might be. He and his old man don't see eye to eye.

Wesley Snipes owns, but has stared in anti-gun propaganda.

Robert Downey owns (doubtful w/ his convictions), but I'd pass on claiming him.

CleverNickname
February 24, 2003, 11:36 PM
But what is a RINO??? I've been trying to figure out what it stands for, but its just not coming to me...

Republican
In
Name
Only

IE, it's a large mammal from Africa, but not quite an elephant. (http://www.gop.org/)

David Roberson
February 24, 2003, 11:45 PM
Monkeyleg, if you do a search you can probably find an interview with Rene Russo in which she talks about the shooting scenes in "Lethal Weapon III," and how prop guns they fired on the set weren't as much fun as the real guns she owns.

Kamicosmos
February 25, 2003, 12:23 AM
Someone mentioned above Jeri Ryan.

(pause a moment....Ahhhhh.)

Anyway, I was reading an interview of hers(Maxim I believe) where she said she was dissapointed in the phaser rifles on Voyager cause they had no kick. I'll have to look that interview up again, cause I think it mentioned her owning a handgun.

Oh, and she's divorced now... :D

slh02
February 25, 2003, 12:50 AM
The whole RINO thing makes much more sense now. Im also surprised about rene russo, wouldnt have expected that she was pro-RKBA. :D

2xTap
February 25, 2003, 12:52 AM
Here's a short list of Pro-Gun celebs I found:

Tim Abell- Actor
Jack Allocco- Actor
John Aquino- Actor
Ned Beatty- Actor
Don Bellasario- Producer
Jay Bernstein- Executive Producer
Kelly Bovino- Actor
Dave Butz- Football Player
Ruth Buzzi- Actress
Tracy Byrd- Singer
Stephen Cannell- Producer
Mark Carlton- Actor
Robert Carradine- Actor
Joanna Cassidy- Actress
Tom Clancey- Author
Teri Clark- Singer
Robert Conrad- Actor
Jeff Cook- Musician
Linda Davis- Singer
Lee Debroux- Actor
Kim Delaney- Actress
Jeff Dellenbach- Football Player
Johnny DiSanti- Actor
Michael Dudikoff- Actor
Jaime Dudney- Actress
Charles Durning- Actor
Leslie Easterbrook- Actress
Richard Edlund- Academy Award /Visual Effects
Ralph Emery- Radio Host
Dennis Farina- Actor
Dennis Franz- Actor
Robert Fuller- Actor
John Clark Gable- Actor
Mickey Gilley- Singer
Richard Gilliland- Actor
Erin Gray- Actress
Tom Greene- Writer and Producer
Michael Gregory- Actor
Vincent Guastaferro- Actor
Richard C. Hacker- Screenwriter
Jim Hager- Comedian
Jon Hager- Comedian
Tom Hallick- Actor
Ken Hanes- Actor
Dick Hardwick- Comedian
Charlton Heston- Actor
Frasier Heston- Actor
Denise Hickol- Agent and Producer
Richard Hissong- Cinemaphotographer
Lee Horsley- Actor
Susan Howard- Actress
Dean Jones- Actor
Mickey Jones- Actor
Steve Kanaly- Actor
Ray Kelly- Western Artist
T.J. Klay- Musician
Martin Kove- Actor
Diane Ladd- Actress
Ed LaPorta- Production Designer
John Laughlin- Actor
John Phillip Law- Actor
Geoffrey Lewis- Actor
Thyme Lewis- Actor
G. Gordon Liddy- Author, Actor, &Radio Host
Anne Lockhart- Actress
Heather Lowe- Actress
A.C. Lyles- Actor
Karl Malone- Basketball Player
Barbara Mandrell- Singer & Musician
Irlene Mandrell- Singer
Louise Mandrell- Singer
Joe Mantegna- Actor
Ron Masak- Actor
Mila Mason- Actress
Jerry Mathers- Actor
Reba McEntire- Singer and Actress
John Milius- Movie Director
Mary Ann Mobley- Actress
D.W. Moffitt- Actor
Roger E. Mosley- Actor
Curly Jim Musgrave- Singer
Charles E. Napier- Actor
Ted Nugent- Rock Star
Lyle Omori- Actor
JoePantoliano- Actor
Paul Pape- Actor and Producer
Jameson Parker- Actor
Lu Parker- Miss U.S.A. 1994
Jim Parish- Actor
Nikki Pelley- Stuntwoman and Rodeo
Suzanne Pleshette- Actress
Caryn Richman- Actress
Roy "Dusty" Rogers Jr.- Musician
Richard Roundtree- Actor
Kurt Russell- Actor
Francine Sama- Actress and Musician
Arnold Schwarznegger- Actor
DebraLee Scott- Actress
Tom Selleck- Actor
Peter Sherakyo- Actor
Ricky Skaggs- Singer
Jean Smart- Actress
Robert Stack- Actor
Frank Stallone- Actor
Jim Starr- Athlete and Actor
Michael Stern- Editor
Stella Stevens- Actress
John Strong- Actor
James Swan- Actor
Lindy Teague- Model
Marshall Teague- Actor
Chalee Tennison- Singer
Aaron Tippin- Singer
Tanya Tucker- Singer
Gary Wood- Actor

2xTap

Jedi_7.62
February 25, 2003, 02:17 AM
Hank Williams Jr.
Charlie Daniels

What do ya know, Country boys can survive. Who'da thunk it.:D

Dean Speir
February 25, 2003, 10:52 AM
Jennifer O'Neill- Actress & Model Are you freakin' serious, 2xTap ?!?

O'Neill has been an anti-gun activist, for the love of Peter G. Kokalis! Do some research! (You might like to start when she shot herself in the stomach in her bedroom 20-odd years ago!)

Tempest
February 25, 2003, 11:00 AM
Drew Carey had pronounced himself to be a decided libertarian, so I'm guessing he's against gun control.

Sharon Stone is as anti as they come. She's supposed to be so smart (Mensa), but she's such an intellectual twit, you want to bitch slap her upside her head - especially when she starts yammering about what a great president Clinton was and how he got the shaft from the American public! :barf:

When it comes to common sense, she's as dumb as a box of hammers.

CZ-75
February 25, 2003, 12:32 PM
Are you freakin' serious, 2xTap ?!?

The guy is only posting what I've seen around the web before, so blame the source. It pays to be somewhat critical of crap floating around the errornet, though.

I think the NRA-ILA has a list like this. I know they have a list of anti-gun personalities.

ElToro
February 25, 2003, 01:05 PM
Aside from Selleck, Heston, and Nugent, and a few others who have come out publicly pro 2a, there is a big difference between being "gun owner/ enthusiast" and being hard core pro 2a.. just ask Rosie's bodyguards and Steven Speilberg, who allegedly owns one of the nicest private gun collections around, yet hes not for the "little people" owning guns... same goes for Clint Eastwood.. whats good for me is not good for you... and just try getting a CCW in New York unless your Howard Stern or Bill Cosby

BTW, I saw a thing about harrison ford the other night.. did you all know he was a concientious objector during the vietnam era ?
i had to throw away all my star wars movies...

the hipcrasy of these jerks is what gets me the most.. they will all pimp guns and gun ownership in their movies to make a 1$ but when it comes to nut cutting time, they are MIA

rant over

CZ-75
February 25, 2003, 01:11 PM
Gerald McRaney & Parker Jameson, both of "Simon & Simon," among other shows.

They both appeared in the "I'm NRA" campaign of at least 10 years ago.

They ought to bring that back. Major blunder to have dropped "star power."

Tempest
February 25, 2003, 01:41 PM
I've heard Howard Stern say that everyone has the absolute right to own firearms, but that he believes they should be registered like cars. He claims he's a Libertarian as well.

Of course, he could claim that he's a head of cabbage, but that doesn't necessarily make it so.

CZ-75
February 25, 2003, 01:59 PM
Comrade Bill Maher of "Politically Incorrect" made a claim to being libertarian. One of his guests asked him if he was confused with "liberal" on one of the few shows of his I watched.

Good riddance to him and his biased show.

CTgunteacher
February 25, 2003, 03:19 PM
Most likely, you can add country singer Toby Keith. He's playing at the NRA show, for the Charleton Heston tribute. He's strongly pro-American and pro-military, and I can't imagine him being anti-gun if he's playing the NRA convention.

Mike

Big Al
February 25, 2003, 04:04 PM
Someone on one of these boards (mabye TFL or GT) once met Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith at a local range and discussed guns and Pro-2nd stuff at length, if memory serves.

ENC
February 25, 2003, 04:14 PM
I know that Gena Davis is big into archery. I don't know about guns though.

Dean Speir
February 25, 2003, 04:20 PM
…Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are probably pro-gun. There's a small scandal on-going in New York City because the NYPD guy who was in charge of the NYC Pistol License Section delivered their v-e-r-y difficult to acquire full-carry licenses to them at a recent concert at MSG… in return for a backstage pass.

Yeah, the Big Apple is pretty rotten at the political core.

2xTap
February 25, 2003, 08:22 PM
Dean,

It was just a list I found on line. As it came from a pro-second amendment groups website I figured it should be mostly correct. As I'm only familiar with almost half the names on the list, if one got by then I apologize. I'll make the correction.

Although the drama display was totally unnecessary!

2xTap

Stevie-Ray
February 25, 2003, 08:40 PM
Scott Glenn and Bruce Boxleitner

hansolo
February 26, 2003, 02:20 AM
"Hey Eddie! Stop eye-ing my Mom or I'll blow your ******* head off!"

:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro RKBA actors/actresses???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!