Question About Replacing an Enfield Magazine...

PDA

Kestrel
October 8, 2004, 10:44 AM
I bought an unfired Enfield a while back that still has the cosmoline in the barrel. Anyway, the problem is, the guy said someone stole the magazine from it (was missing).

Is there anything I need to know, in buying one for it? Are there different types? I've heard that they may not all fit correctly. Is this true? Also, is there various manufacturers to look for?

Thanks,
Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Question About Replacing an Enfield Magazine..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scbair
October 8, 2004, 11:22 AM
You'll need to know what model you have. A No. 1 mag won't fit a No. 4 rifle, and vice versa. Also, if you have an Ishapore (.308 caliber) rifle, it takes a totally different mag.

I've never owned a No. 5 (Jungle Carbine); don't know if a No. 4 mag will fit that one or not.

If the magazine & rifle model are compatible, I'm not aware of any fitting/interchangeability issues. I have a few No. 4 magazines and 3 No. 4 rifles; any mag will work well in any of my rifles.

jrhead75
October 8, 2004, 11:47 AM
Scbair is right. Also, No5 mags are identical to No4 mags.

Andrew Wyatt
October 8, 2004, 12:20 PM
number1 magazines will fit number4s with some slight modification. (busting off the little spring at the back)

If you enjoyed reading about "Question About Replacing an Enfield Magazine..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!