Timney Trigger on the way, any tips?

PDA

nico
October 8, 2004, 04:39 PM
I should be getting the Timney Trigger for my Ruger M77 on Monday and I was wondering if anyone on here who has one has any tips for installing it. One significant thing that I've heard is that it's better to file the trigger than to file the safety on the gun when installing it. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Timney Trigger on the way, any tips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gewehr98
October 8, 2004, 05:22 PM
All of the Timney triggers I've installed over the years required absolutely no modifications to either the gun or the trigger. Hence my asking... :confused:

nico
October 8, 2004, 06:13 PM
With the M77 trigger you have to "fit" the safety to the trigger. I've heard of people filing the factory safety and others filing the trigger mechanism.

HankL
October 8, 2004, 07:34 PM
The M77 has a tang safety so I suppose that is where the fitting comes in.
Nico, If you are bent on doing this yourself I would suggest that you file on the least expensive, easily replaceable part. Perhaps a stone might come in handy as well.

nico
October 8, 2004, 07:52 PM
my gun is a Mark II. They have a 3 position safety like the Model 70 (the Mark I has the tang safety). Everything I've heard says it's a pretty simple DIY job so I'm not too worried about messing anything up. I just figured someone who's done the install before (I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple M77 MKII owners on here) could inform me of any snags that I might run into or ways to get it done quicker.

If you enjoyed reading about "Timney Trigger on the way, any tips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!