1st time out w/ M1A1

PDA

10-Ring
October 10, 2004, 12:58 AM
I didn't expect to have that much fun w/ my new M1A1. It had sat for a couple of months until I finally got it to the range and I only brought 200 rounds...needless to say, I like it alot!!:D :D :cool: :cool:
Question for those in the know...
How difficult is it to field strip? Where can I get instructions to do so?
What are quirks I should know about my new rifle while I brake it in?

If you enjoyed reading about "1st time out w/ M1A1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sactown
October 10, 2004, 12:46 PM
Get "The M14 Owner's guide" by Scott Duff and John Miller. It's an excellent book. Breaks down the disassembly and and tools you need. Also gives you some suggestion if you have some problems with the rifle. I picked up my copy from a local gun show for $20. I think you can find it on Amazon or something. Disassembly is easy.

AK103K
October 10, 2004, 12:51 PM
I think we are assuming you meant the M14 and not the M1A1 Thompson. Either way, this should about cover it. :)

http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

Gewehr98
October 10, 2004, 02:35 PM
I hope he's not referring to the paratrooper, folding stock variant of the M1 Carbine. M1A is a civilian version of the M14 rifle, as licensed and trademarked by Springfield, Incorporated. ;)

Bwana John
October 10, 2004, 03:34 PM
Got a new tank, have we?
Seriously, get the Duff book.

10-Ring
October 10, 2004, 06:57 PM
...ooops :o That's what I like about this place, getting schooled when need be & still getting the info I need too! Thanks :D me & my M1A thank you ;)

chuckles
October 10, 2004, 07:17 PM
Get a good grease for lubing that rifle and get the book as mentioned. Also get a Otis cleaning kit! www.otisgun.com :cool: And you will need many thousands of rounds of Aussie surplus ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "1st time out w/ M1A1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!