New here

PDA

Conda14
October 10, 2004, 02:19 AM
Just found you guys. My name is Brian Im from Michigan. I started collecting milsurps in May. Here is a pick of what I have so far.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/conda14/1fe3f23d.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sylvilagus Aquaticus
October 10, 2004, 02:24 AM
Welcome to The High Road. Nice collection! New guy buys the ammo and gets to clean the rifles after the range trips.

I'll take a box of 6.5.x55, please. :D

Regards,
Rabbit.

rust collector
October 10, 2004, 06:59 PM
Glad to have you aboard. Looks like you're getting after the milsurp program in fine style. Aren't they a hoot?

So far I've resisted the Yugo SKS temptation, but K-31s keep showing up at my door and a couple M-44s have joined the Swedish M-96s and Enfield No 4 Mk1. Now I'm looking for an M-39 to help burn the 2 cases of ammunition I got for the 44s.

It's a great time to have a curio and relic license but it is habit forming and could get spendy.

You should fit in here quite nicely. There's a lot to learn, and these folks will help you do it without risking life and limb. I am sure you have also visited The Firing Line and the milsurp forums maintained by Parallax Bill and Jamie Mangrum (surplusrifle.com) It's a mighty fine community.

Dr.Rob
October 10, 2004, 07:57 PM
Welcome aboard, nice collection, I was a little skeptical until I saw the Garand... everyone should have ONE US made surplus rifle.

GigaBuist
October 10, 2004, 08:11 PM
I'm a little slow on the uptake...

What's the 2nd from the right? Mauser?

Gun ownership in general is addicting -- milsurps are the worst. They're like little crack rocks, but they last a long time.

Dang, just went looking at AIM Surplus' site to see if they still had the deal in K-31 packages. It -was- $110 for a K-31 Swiss, 60 rounds of the GP-11 ammo, sling, cleaning kit, ammo pouch. Not a bad deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "New here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!