Do You Wear Tactical Accessories to Work?

PDA

Skunkabilly
October 11, 2004, 08:41 PM
Do you guys wear 'tactical' stuff to work? Well, do ya?

Edited to add: MODERATORS I UNTACTICALLY MADE IT THE ROUND BUTTONS INSTEAD OF CHECK BOXES! PLEASE HELP!! :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Do You Wear Tactical Accessories to Work?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SAG0282
October 11, 2004, 08:53 PM
Sometimes boots, always a folding knife (usually CRKT, my brother's spyderco today).

nemesis
October 11, 2004, 08:53 PM

Is a Springfield classified as "tactical stuff"?

Gewehr98
October 11, 2004, 09:00 PM
One of my leg pockets keeps a pair of nomex flight gloves. We're not allowed to wear "tactical" black, save for our speed-lace leather flight boots. Does that count? :D

Ringer
October 11, 2004, 09:02 PM
Well, if you rephrased it to say "Do you carry" instead of wear I'd check yes to:
Clippy folding knife (Mini Grip sometimes clipped, sometimes all the way in the pocketJ)
Surefire (E1E in the pocket)
Mitch Rosen 1.5" belt with my jeans on Friday, casual day.

So does it count as wearing if they are out of sight? If so I'll check the above once they change to checkboxes :) My boss gives me enough grief over my Gerber multi tool on my dress belt, in a joking way, I'd never hear the end of it if he knew what all was in my pockets.

PUMC_TomG
October 11, 2004, 09:11 PM
All of the above... :D
Safariland Gun Belt, Surefire M2, Magnum Boots, Oakley shooting array or Half Jackets, Emerson Commander, Benchmade Leopard, ASP, Freeze +P, etc...

y'all can figure it out.

Harbinger
October 11, 2004, 09:13 PM
Where's the 'No' option? :scrutiny:

October 11, 2004, 09:52 PM
Wilderness riggers belt: check
Danner Acadia boots: check
Tactical Pants: No, we have uniform pants, but I suggested they should be 5:11
Emerson Commander: Check And of course the madatory Leatherman tool.
Surefire lights x 2: Check (One on belt, one in pocket, one in rig in fanny pack)
Impact device ??? Do pick head axes count ? How about sledge hammers ? Oxygen cylnders ?
Pack: No. I do have a fanny pack that I carry personal gear in, but I never wear it.

Hardtarget
October 11, 2004, 10:02 PM
I always carry two knives. One is small...for polite company. The other is...bigger. The .45 is always there. We've had three killings within half a mile of my workplace. Two in bussiness, one in a home setting. I'm glad the boss is "good to go" with my ccw.
Mark.

goalie
October 11, 2004, 10:26 PM
I wear scrubbs and clogs to work. My very un-tactical blue fanny pack contains an EMT shear, some drugs, IVs, needles, and alcohol wipes and is embroidered with the name of a popular cardiac medication.

My clogs are "tactical" black though. ;)

aguyindallas
October 11, 2004, 10:39 PM
I carry a back pack, aka man purse.

Kinda silly sometimes, but it works.

Sergeant Sabre
October 11, 2004, 11:02 PM
I wear my desert boots from Iraq to work (because for some reason when I wear them, my back doesn't hurt after hours of standing) and a little "clippy folding knife" that I had with me in Afghanistan.

JohnKSa
October 11, 2004, 11:09 PM
Hardtarget,

Ditto on the two knives.

One doesn't alarm folks when I need to cut something (Spyderco Worker)--and occasionally (rarely) it might get a little dull from use.

The second is rarely seen and it's right at the legal TX size limit (5+" blade.) With the long handle required for a folder of that blade length, it's pretty impressive. And since it's never used, it's always sharp enough to make the hairs jump off your arm.

I really hope I never have to use it. I have a hard time imagining what a mess it will make.

Skunk,

What about LED flashlights and tactical pocket tools?

October 11, 2004, 11:28 PM
My Surefire E1 Executive is wearing an LED head. This is the light I carry in my pocket.
I used to also carry one of those Photon LED lights, but I lost it. I need another one.
I also updated my earlier post to reflect the Leatherman tool in addition to the knife. Oh, and then I also use one of the smallest Spyderco knives as a money clip so I am actually carrying three knives at work.

Kahr carrier
October 12, 2004, 12:29 AM
Steel toe boots,Surefire light,Buck Knife and a Leatherman supertool.:D

Wingshooter
October 12, 2004, 12:55 AM
Let's see:

Boots yes, Bates. So far they are the most comfortable for the money.

Clip folder: EDI Genesis II, great knife. Too bad the company appears to have gone out of business. I'd love to own another.

Two lights. Surefire G2 (yellow so I can find it if I drop it) and just picked up a Nova LED light. Love that one. Can stick it under a kids hand to see the veins backlit in the dark without burning the hand like the high intensity bulbs will.

Don't wear tactical pants, but I do wear a flightsuit. I guess it could be tactical if it wasn't for the reflexite on the shoulders and running down the sides of both legs.

Don't carry a gun while at work. Stays in the vehicle. Oddly enough the FAA frowns on the idea of me carrying a firearm past a certain point, the hospitals have that same inconsiderate rule. Although I'm with 444 on the idea of multiple handy bludgeons that can do in a pinch. I also carry paralytics (Vec, Sux, Roc) with me and those can really ruin someones day, not to mention that a "tactical" application of 360 Joules (or the Bi-Phasic equilavent ;) ) can be a real man stopper.

Pack: We carry Thomas Packs at work. Great modular medical bag. If you wanted the ultimate bug out bag this would be it. Doesn't have the greatest strap system, but the configurability (is that even a word???) is awesome.

Soap
October 12, 2004, 07:57 AM
I wear a leather gun belt.

Highpower1
October 12, 2004, 08:03 AM
Let's see...YES, why yes I do. Sometimes however, I have to wear a suit and forgo the cargo's & boots.

Bainx
October 12, 2004, 08:15 AM
I wear a Glock badge laynard around my neck every work day.

Model520Fan
October 12, 2004, 08:29 AM
No - I consider it poor tactics in almost all environments. However, I am almost always armed with a revolver or, occasionally, an autoloader. I might carry or wear one of the mentioned items in a non-work environment if it doesn't seem too out-of-place. However, I usually don't lose sleep over it.

Calhoun
October 12, 2004, 08:50 AM
Well, my belt is from DeSantis. Used as my gun belt, and it's black, but it's on me even when a gun isn't on it. Helps to keep the pants up, ya know. I carry the original tactical knife. The one made popular by a certian army from north Europe. It has a Photon II LED light on it. It's red(saves the night vision), so I feel like I'm in a submarine. That's sort of tactical I guess. My watch has a black face. My sunglasses (Briko Lucifers) have been used as shooting glasses outside. If I had to go tactical in a sunny place I would put them on. The coffee cup on my desk is tactical black. Oh, oh...I have a titanium wedding ring that I use to tactically keep all the hot single chicks off of me.:D Does that count?

Calhoun

hso
October 12, 2004, 09:19 AM
Skunk,

Not to water your Wheaties, but why is a flashligh and a "clippy" folding knife "tactical"? Perhaps it's a thing about the South, but before it was "tactical" I was carrying a Spyderco Clipit and a small flashlight (miniMag).

Next question is, what setting for work? I work in office ~50% of the time and out in the field the other half. I wouldn't dress tackycal in the office.

In the field I often wear BDUs and steel toed boots and a CQB rigger belt and sometimes carry a CamelBak and a photog jacket.

Tom Servo
October 12, 2004, 09:37 AM
Lessee...when I leave the house in the morning. Usually 5.11 pants or reinforced-waist khakis, Wilderness 1-1/2 or generic leather gunbelt, Mini Griptilian or CRKT Hawk folder, Inova X5 flashlight, keys w/small multitool, cellphone, oh, and a Sig P239 in a High Noon Down IWB.

Don't know if that's considered "tactical," but it's prudent and practical for me. And somehow, I don't look like too much of a geek :o

45R
October 12, 2004, 11:24 AM
Anyone remember the 5.11 vs. LEO thread about 6 months ago :)

Click Here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82141&perpage=25&highlight=5\\\.11&pagenumber=1)

Chupacabra
October 12, 2004, 11:44 AM

At the moment I'm wearing a Rafter S. Gunleather belt with a small can of Foxlabs OC clipped to it , and a Benchmade folder clipped inside my pocket. Oh, and I also carry my Surefire E2E in my left pocket. Not wearing the 5.11s today though. Maybe tomorrow!

:D

armoredman
October 12, 2004, 11:45 AM
Gunbelt? Yes. Pepperspray? Of course. Flashlight? Yep. Why? I work in a prison....

yayarx7
October 12, 2004, 11:50 AM
I am in the military, so no matter how "untactical" my real job is, I have to dress "tactical".

Plus it is nice to have handy tools strapped to you on your belt and stashed in your dandy cargo pocket organizer.

CZ-100
October 12, 2004, 12:10 PM
Where's the 'No' option?

Exactly.....

I do not wear any of the above..

Trempel
October 12, 2004, 12:15 PM
I carry a folding knife, but have only used it as a tool for work-related stuff. I also carry OC spray, because there're plenty of whackos where I work.

tcdrennen
October 12, 2004, 12:23 PM
I didn't vote since I need the checkboxes for multiple answers. I always have the Benchmade Emerson knife, 99% of the time also the Surefire and a multitool knife, and frequently BDU pants for all the pockets. It's great to have completely given up on ever being stylish in favor of comfortable. :D :cool:

Oh, and the Kimber Pro Carry in a VMII - I suspect that would be "tactical" under most circumstances :evil:

Series 70
October 12, 2004, 12:46 PM
I only own two belts and they're both gunbelts. I usually wear cargo pants that are modeled on BDU pants but cut like casual slacks. Think dockers with the BDU pocket arrangement. Yes to the folder and light. Hiking boots in the winter, but loafers usually in nice weather. 1-3 firearms, depending upon circumstances. Usually 3.

tarrigoni
October 12, 2004, 01:05 PM
Let's see....

5.11's - Check
Knife - Check
Wilderness Belt - Check
Surefire 6p - Check
Danner Acadia's - Check

No gun or spray though, I work in a high school

It's nice to be the one that gets to design the uniforms....

pluvo
October 12, 2004, 02:01 PM
Wilderness Ring belt in black
Swiss Army 'Tinker' in black
Kershaw Rainbow Leek
Kershaw red Blur (jean days only)
Blackie Collins polymer folder (jean days only)
Surefire E2E, thru belt loop @ 11:00

Smoke
October 12, 2004, 03:01 PM
Clippy knife...always. Also carry a non-tactical, non-clippy, Uncle Henry lock back folder that I have carried for the last umpteen years.
I don't own tactical gear. No 5.11s, no range bags, no tactical boots. Nothing.

I make my own belts.
I wear western boots, Khaki's, button down shirts.

I carry a common briefcase that contains a Surefire scorpion and a Kimber Ultracarry CDP.
That is tactical.

Smoke

October 12, 2004, 03:11 PM
One problem with this question is, what does tactical mean ?
I mean, the stuff I mentioned is pretty much the same stuff that everyone else I work with wears. We are required to wear steel toed (ANSI/OSHA approved), black leather boots: most people wear Danners. Pretty much everyone there is wearing a knife including the women. Everyone there has a flashlight, although a minority wear them on their belt. The vast majority of the people wear a riggers belt.

I don't think anyone is wearing this stuff to be "tactical". They are just the tools of the trade.

PaulBk
October 12, 2004, 03:19 PM
Belt, Surefire, and OC everyday. Add G26 when not at work.

-PB

Old Dog
October 12, 2004, 03:19 PM
When did the word "tactical" become a marketing catchphrase?

I am so looking looking forward to getting out of camouflage BDUs (which I don't consider "tactical") when I retire from this outfit ... and being free to choose what to wear to work every day, even if it's jeans and t-shirts ...

I will, of course, then be free to carry my non-tactical Buck 110, wear my non-tactical cowboy boots, non-tactical Wrangler jeans every day ... with my Kimber Tactical Pro II (oh wait, my gosh, is that a tactical accessory?) ...

762x51
October 12, 2004, 03:21 PM
5.11's, Danner Agitators on the casual days. Benchmade 970 and ARC AAA always.

FPrice
October 12, 2004, 03:36 PM
I wear BDU pants to work just about every day. Of course, I have to or else my BDU shirt would look funny.

Come to think of it, I wear BDU hat, shirt, pants, AND tactical boots to work almost every day. And my shirt has nice little patches to tell who I am, what service I am in, and some other things about me.

Just in case I happen to forget all those little details.

Treylis
October 12, 2004, 03:51 PM
All of the above. :D

charby
October 12, 2004, 04:28 PM
Work for a University, stuck with my pocket knife.

shooter1
October 12, 2004, 04:52 PM
I've worn a knife with a pocket clip for many years before it became "Tactical".
I too could not vote as the NO option was not available.
I have to wear all that "Tatical" crap when I work. You won;t catch me in anything that looks remotely tatical when I'm off!
str1

't

David
October 12, 2004, 04:57 PM
Boots? Yes, OAKLEY SI BOOTS (in my opinion, the Oakley SI Boots and the Oakley SI Shoes are the BEST I have EVER worn)

Knife? Yes, Benchmade Griptailian

Flashlight? Yes, Surefire E2

Pants? Yes, RR 5.11 Pants and Shorts (again, the best casual pants I have ever worn)

:uhoh: :what: :uhoh:

Skunkabilly
October 12, 2004, 06:39 PM
>> One problem with this question is, what does tactical mean ? <<

I mean the stuff that is marketed as so, hence the "tactical" quotes. :p

>> I don't think anyone is wearing this stuff to be "tactical". They are just the tools of the trade. <<

Me neither. What I started this thread was to see how many of us, whether we work in or out of a cushy air conditioned office, wear a SureFire instead of a crappy little Mini Maglite or no light at all.

sendec
October 12, 2004, 07:26 PM
All I want is a Mark 1 Mod 0 tactical brain. Everything else is dressing. It is unfortunate that we place so much emphasis on things. I am as big a gear queer as the next guy, but I hate that so many pups and kittens have been led to believe that equipment will somehow Make a Difference. Warriors win regardless of the pants they are wearing. If you cannot get the job done with a Model 10 and a Buck 110 you need to get back to school.

Equipment is nice, but skill is nicer. Have all the toys you want, but if you ever "need" them by definition you are in over your head.

Tactical gear is a lot like fishing lures, bright and shiny and good at catching fisherman, not so good at catching fish. Revolt, and throw off the shackles of tacticality. Put on a pair of jeans and sneakers, stick a SAK in your pocket and a 1911 in your waistband and join the rest of us in the DMZ.

I am only testy because my nomex flight suit binds in the crotch, but hey, it looks bad

RevDisk
October 12, 2004, 07:35 PM
Gun belt : Kinda. It's more of a rock climbing belt
Tactical boots : Uhm, they're black and leather, so I suppose so.
Tactical pants : Yep
Clippy folding knife : na, I liked dual edge fixed
Ueber cool flashlight : Nope, mine cost $5 to $10
Impact device : Yep, asp. It's handy for fixing equipment, yes I am serious.
Gun oriented bag : Yep.

It's all handy kit, but it doesn't really look mall ninja ish. The only thing that sticks out is that I always wear some kind of vest. I have a dozen different kinds. From ueber tactical looking to rather harmless. I rarely wear the ueber tactical stuff.

sendec
October 12, 2004, 07:42 PM
At her 4th birthay party my daughter and her little friends went Rodney King on a pinata with one of my ASPs.

vertigo7
October 12, 2004, 10:15 PM
5.11 pants in various business-casual colors
Wilderness Instructor belt
un-tactical black leather boots
tactical light
tactical knife
brand new tactical Luminox watch :D
usually a BUG of some sort
the Camelbak gets some wierd looks....

One more piece of tactical gear and I get my honorary Jr. Mall Ninja badge! Pass the nachos?

vertigo7

Wingshooter
October 12, 2004, 10:36 PM
Sendec wrote:I am only testy because my nomex flight suit binds in the crotch, but hey, it looks bad

How about when you don't think about what you're wearing and you raise your arms up over your head to get something??? Those things have absolutely no give in the torso whatsoever.

In my defense, on my days off all I wear are shorts, sneakers, and t-shirts. No matter what time of year. It's all about the comfort.

tetleyb
October 13, 2004, 12:05 AM
Every single day:

Body Armor
Gun Belt
Handgun
5 Magazines
2 Pairs of Handcuffs
Baton
OC Spray
Backup Handgun

And a hell of alot of other junk on my gunbelt. 3 days a week, 12.5 hours per day...

Thin The Herd

JimJD
October 13, 2004, 12:11 AM
Hmmm...

I keep a folder in My front pants pocket, and My pistol in the car while I'm at work.
That's about it.
I'd like to keep a pistol on Me. We've gotten a lot of threats and have had some individuals show up looking to put a hurtin' on someone.
At least I have My knife, hands, and brain on Me at all times.
Could be worse.

Black Majik
October 13, 2004, 01:06 AM
Only thing that applies to me is the 2 knives thing.

I carry 2 Benchmade folders. A 960 Osbourne SLV on my right pocket, and a fullsize 551 Griptilian on my right back pocket.

The 551 has a combo edge, so I use that for cutting boxes, cardboard, tape etc. Whatever comes into the warehouse for inspection.

The 960 is used for more "cleaner" cutting activities. Letters, paper, scotch tape, etc...

I used to never see the point of carrying 2 knives. I see it now. :D

KaceCoyote
October 13, 2004, 01:15 AM
Gerber Heresy(sp, its over -there- and I'm lazy) air ranger in my right pocket, Gerber LED light at my left and when I'm in 'da bush' a Gerber non folder on my belt to boot.

Average Guy
October 13, 2004, 01:49 AM
CRKT M-16. And street clothes. Can't get any more tactical than street clothes (unless they're coyote brown, of course).

fistful
October 13, 2004, 02:29 AM
Is any sturdy, leather belt tactical, even if Chuck Shumer is wearing it? I wear an old, cheap belt at work that might hold a gun fairly well if I tried. Elsewhere, I have on a beautiful, thick, harness leather belt that I bought at some little store in Arkansas - just plain, dark brown, no silly designs or big silver plates on it. It would make a great gunbelt, if I put a great gun on it.

Smoke
October 13, 2004, 07:29 AM
(unless they're coyote brown, of course).

If this marketing trend continues I may find myself at teh peak of tacticallity someday.

Brown, the other tactical.

Smoke :D

SapperLeader
October 13, 2004, 08:20 AM
Im not voting yet do to the lack of check boxes. I do wear a lot of "tactical gear" but because its useful. I wear 5.11 pants or shorts, wilderness ring belt, 2 pocket knives, multitool, surefire e2 flashlight, and some sort of boots(usually merril, asolo, or coleman). Im not wearing this stuff for "tactical" use though(I really hate the misuse of the word tactical). I wear 5.11 pants due to the pocket placement; I carry pocket knives for the multitude of cutting chores(serrated navigator, and some sort of axis lock); multitool - any questions; surefire e2 flashlight - our merchandise trailor is really dark and sometimes my photon doesnt cut it; and the boots are because they are comfortable and provide more ankle support. Oh yes, and the gun belt...after that list of gear how else would i hold my pants up :).

shooter1
October 13, 2004, 10:12 AM
Tetleyb,
Just curious about the five mags, do you carry a single stack auto as primary? Where do you carry the two extra mags? I carry a trunkful of extra ammo along with the patrol rifle, but only three mags on the belt. That gives me an ammo load of 40 rds on my person. When I carry a single stack, I sometimes carry an extra mag in my cargo pocket, which gives me an ammo load of 33rds. I feel like a pack mule as it is, would like to carry more but have to draw the line somewhere.
str1

Sungun09
October 13, 2004, 10:34 AM
Tofay, I have my fanny pack.... ahem.... and a GERBER folding knife..

Skunkabilly
October 13, 2004, 10:43 AM
My skin is coyote brown. (except on full moons when I turn into a two-tone tactical ninja critter)

Maybe I should skip trying to buy all the brown gear and walk around naked.

:evil:

GEM
October 13, 2004, 11:55 AM
Why the low number of OC reports? That's probably a more useful tool than the clippy knife for many incidents. High end instructrors stress carrying it.

So, I have an OC, Surefire, clippy knives, gun belt. Shoes are New Balance cross trainers or similar. None are particularly significant.

Interestingly, people ask about the flashlight. I say that it's really cool and a gadget. It's a guy thing. Then most get bored. Few ask about the clippy knife. Once in awhile, someone in the know catches on to it.

cthulhu138
October 13, 2004, 03:46 PM
I've chosen the clippy knife over the OC as most plastic wire ties refuse to come undone with even a hearty blast of OC.

Just a clippy knife, a pen, and a cellphone.

October 13, 2004, 03:59 PM
"Why the low number of OC reports?"

Well because as I mentioned previously, I wear this stuff because I use it in my job. Some of it, we are required to wear. None of it is for personal protection in the sense you mention.

Andrew P
October 13, 2004, 04:59 PM
Well due to my job I have to wear a class b uniform 99% of the time. But when the occasion calls for it and I do get to wear civilian type clothing. I wear 5.11 pants, Oakley Si Boots and I carry my Surefire E2, and my wilderness 5 stitch. I do carry my Benchmade Mini Grip all the time. Away from work I put my DeSantis Tuck This on and place my EAA 10mm Compact in it. Am I a GEARDO, umm yep I am. So what, you dont have to wear it if you dont want to.

Skunkabilly
October 13, 2004, 05:49 PM
Am I a GEARDO, umm yep I am.

ROCK ON!! :D

fistful
October 14, 2004, 12:30 AM
Maybe I should skip trying to buy all the brown gear and walk around naked.
Hate to see it come to that. Do y'all wanna pitch in, and buy Skunky some brown threads? In any case, carrying concealed when naked would be...painful.

fistful
October 14, 2004, 12:31 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like everybody and his brother-in-law has a knife clipped on somewhere? Not the people on this thread, I mean a large percentage of the men I see.

October 14, 2004, 12:54 AM
Yes, pretty much everyone I know wears some kind of clip on knife. I regularly see women with them in their back pocket. They may have them other places, but I am usually looking at their back pockets.

Nightcrawler
October 14, 2004, 01:38 AM
Durn near all of the above. (Though, I *wish* my uniform pants were BDUs or 5.11s...)

Of course, I'm a security guard for a US military installation in the middle east, so your mileage may vary. :D

Would I wear my gunbelt to the office, and play with my SureFire light while sitting in my cubicle? Um, no.

Schuey2002
October 14, 2004, 11:34 AM
crappy little Mini Maglite
Skunk, you don't get over to CPF (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=669169&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) much, do you? ;)

Burt Blade
October 14, 2004, 07:30 PM
Tactical:

Item(s) you happen to have on you when the brown stuff hits the fan.

ie, the .32 auto in your pocket, vs the custom 1911 in the trunk, when the dirtball says "Give it up!".

jamz
October 15, 2004, 01:27 AM
I look pretty much like the general office/computer guy at work. Khaki pants, no boots, just brown or black shoes (Doc Martens), normal belt, just because I haven't felt like affording a gunbelt, and a don't carry much IWB anyway.

However, there is always a rescue knife (bright yellow!) clipped in my left pocket, and a small .380 sized bulge in the right pocket. My work bag has the surefire, but my little cell phone holster has the micro maglite, very small multitool, and some flossers. :)

I guess you can say that I don't do the usual pants/boots tactical stuff though. All my sunglasses cost $9.00, and I don't wear a watch.

-James

SapperLeader
October 15, 2004, 08:40 AM
I dont wear oc to work because Im not carrying all this gear for defense. It is all tools that I find useful in my day to day job. The j-frame and p-32 in my pocket are for self defense needs :). As for the clip knives, I am definitly seeing a lot more of them in the last three years than I have before that. It seems that a lot of the slipjoint and sak carrying crowd has discovered the joy of a easily carrried, easily opened, strong lock folder.

W Turner
October 15, 2004, 11:18 AM
Yes and no, acoording to this group I am more of a "tactical" poser...

Pants are split between blue jeans and khaki BDU's. Looking at getting a coupla pairs of 5.11's or the Cabela's equivalent (any experiences?) for practical reasons. I could end up on the floor wrestling with a kid at any time, and BDU's, jeans, etc hold up better than Dockers.

90% of the winter is spent in either Magnum or Redwing boots. Looking at the Rocky Portland to replace the Magnums (size 15 is very hard to find). In the summer it is more shorts and tennis shoes.

Pockets are usually filled with the following: CRKT KISS with a Wharncliffe blade, Zippo lighter handed down by my grandfather, Streamlight Key-Mate, and un-tactical brown leather wallet.

My personal keys have a scarred up kubotan on them and my work keys are usually attached to a belt loop with a semi-tactical poser carabiner.

My pocket gun stays in the car while at work, usually accompanied by a service-size sidearm.

A Gerber multi-tool rides in an outside pocket on my briefcase.

Almost forgot the belt, a 5 year old Safariland velcro in basketweave left over from my private security days. Soon to be replaced with a Wilderness 1.5" belt.

W

lee n. field
October 15, 2004, 11:45 AM
I carry a CRKT Red Dog folder, clipped to my front pocket. I do not consider a pocket knife "tactical".

If you enjoyed reading about "Do You Wear Tactical Accessories to Work?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!