I need some Enlightening...

PDA

parados
October 12, 2004, 02:14 AM
Is it possible to buy a semi-auto MP5 like a MP5SFA2 shown here (fourth one down):

http://www.heckler-koch.de/html/english/behoerden/02_submachineguns/02_03_inhalt.html

Sure it has a short barrel so you'd have to do the paperwork on that, but other than that is there any reason why this wouldn't be available new at a reasonable price????

I think I'm a little vague on the laws...
:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "I need some Enlightening..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PMDW
October 12, 2004, 02:47 AM
Perfectly legal, as long as you file the paperwork. There is at least one (if not more) U.S. company that makes semi-auto HK94 clones. I've seen SBR versions of them being sold.

Check gunbroker.com.

Telperion
October 12, 2004, 03:13 AM
Every MP5 is (legally) a machinegun, regardless of which trigger group is it sold with. There is the semi-auto HK94, which does not have a pushpin trigger group, but it is rare and expensive, having been banned from import in 1989.

wasrjoe
October 12, 2004, 03:59 AM
The above does not factore in clones. Just to clarify.

parados
October 12, 2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to save my pennies and buy an HK94 if I want a real one or look at clones...

Any clone companies to avoid? Any to recommend?

phantomak47
October 13, 2004, 12:16 PM
I am interested in the clones too anyone know about these weapons?

jefnvk
October 13, 2004, 10:18 PM
Man, just this afternoon I was thinking about posting this same question. Does the same go for the UMP?

PMDW
October 13, 2004, 10:47 PM
Does the same go for the UMP?

Closest thing you can get to a UMP is the USC.

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1800/1868.htm

Won't accept UMP mags, so you're limited to 10 rounds, or you can buy a new lower that will take greasegun mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need some Enlightening..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!