GA gun shops?

PDA

Monkeyleg
October 13, 2004, 02:55 PM
I'm starting to work on shops in Georgia while I wait to call back other shops in the Northeast.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good GA shops?

From other threads, I found suggestions for Mack's, Sandfly, Pannells, Ed's Gun & Tackle, Hot Shots, Franklin (good and bad comments), and Bull's Eye Indoor Range and Gun Shop.

What other good shops am I missing?

Thanks for any replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "GA gun shops?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigG
October 13, 2004, 02:57 PM
Bernie's in Lilburn and GA Range and Guns.

Highpower1
October 13, 2004, 03:31 PM
GA marksman. I really like Bernie's. Bernie is a great guy, always no matter how busy he is makes a point to chew the fat with you for a minute. I've known him forever and send many people his way. Laughs, get him to talk about his time a Secret Service agent in the Phillipines.

treeprof
October 13, 2004, 03:54 PM
Shuler's Deer Cooler ( 3705 Old Cornelia Hwy, Gainseville, 30507) is pretty good, as well as Satterfields (http://www.satterfieldhuntfish.com/)

cthulhu138
October 13, 2004, 03:58 PM
David's Gun Room in Norcross, and B&B Outdoors in Roswell

grimlock
October 13, 2004, 05:21 PM
Adventure Outdoors, in Atlanta near the intersection of Windy Hill and South Cobb Drive.

cool45auto
October 13, 2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, Shuler's and Satterfield's are good ones. Also there's Smoky Mtn Trader on the square in Cleveland. Some good guys there.

quick68
October 14, 2004, 06:25 AM
East Dublin- Oconee Bait and Tackle, Quality Salvage
Dublin- Outdoor Sports(new)
Vidalia-Brantleys Gun and Marine, McCords Guns
Danville-Stevens Guns
Warner Robins-Chucks
These are the ones I go to the most I usually have fairly friendly service at most.

joegerardi
October 14, 2004, 06:59 AM
Savannah:
Big Tom's Gun and Pawn
Dean Forest Gun and Pawn

..Joe

Raistlin
October 14, 2004, 07:51 AM
There's a shop just north of Athens, in Hull, called Georgia Outdoor Sports. Their goal is to put Franklin's out of business (and I wish they would). They don't have all the dust-covered inventory that Franklin's does, but they also don't have the insider-good-ole'-boy atmosphere, either.

They're the folks I bought my S&W 66 F-comp from for $503.00. :D

jpthegeek
October 14, 2004, 08:08 AM
Here's another vote for HotShots in Smryna. Nice group of guys, good prices.

treeprof
October 14, 2004, 12:20 PM
Raistlin - I've purchased a lot of stuff from Ga Outdoor Sports, but not yet a firearm. Their "sticker" prices beat Franklins, but are still a bit on the high side compared to a lot of other shops. Did you have to negotiate much for yours? I do appreciate the helpful attitudes at Ga Outdoors; a refreshing change from Franklins.

Raistlin
October 14, 2004, 03:31 PM
Their "sticker" prices beat Franklins, but are still a bit on the high side compared to a lot of other shops.

True, but I go to shops (relatively) near my home...

Did you have to negotiate much for yours?

Not really. That's an amusing story in and of itself - if you're curious, I'll PM you about it.

BigG
October 14, 2004, 03:34 PM
There is also Piedmont Outdoors on I20 E of Atlanta around Covington. It pays to look in there oncet in a while.

Tom Servo
October 14, 2004, 05:03 PM
Pannell's is a great neighborhood shop, but on-site selection is a bit limited. They can get almost anything overnight, though, and several times found me a better price on a gun than I expected. Class act all around.

Hot Shots is also a great shop. TONS of guns for rental, and the cleanest indoor range I've ever seen. Nice folks, too.

Ed's....meh. They'll let anybody shoot, and I mean ANYBODY. I've seen some truly awful gun handling there, once enough to seriously fear for my safety. Selection is pawn-shop at best, and prices are high for what they offer.

Monkeyleg
October 14, 2004, 06:29 PM
Man, talk about a "target-rich" thread! Thanks for the replies.

Seems to be more shops in GA than in neighboring states. That's something to keep in mind---if I'm ever able to retire. ;)

krusty311
October 14, 2004, 09:56 PM
I like Forest Park Army Navy store,great prices and if they don't have it they can get it.Ask for skip

krusty

Raistlin
October 15, 2004, 08:18 AM
Shameless plug: For those who may be near (or pass through) the Athens area, a range named the Firing Lane is undergoing management and operations changes. I don't know all the gory details, but the old manager is definitely on the way out, and the owner is taking control. They've made several touch-up changes already, and are going to begin selling guns again (don't know exactly when). Worth a look if you haven't been there in a while.

...and yes, I am a member...:D

Lightsped
October 15, 2004, 11:48 AM
I'd say Adventure Outdoors. They are the biggest gun shop I have been to in Atlanta. They are located on South Cobb Dr in Marietta.

Shootist45
October 15, 2004, 12:04 PM
When I lived in Ft. Oglethorpe, I visited the Georgia Gun Trader in Ringgold quite a lot...

Knowledgeable and friendly staff and good prices... :)

If you enjoyed reading about "GA gun shops?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!