I Dropped It...

PDA

sm
October 13, 2004, 06:58 PM
...3 floors down.

My Pro-Shot one pc cleaning rod.

I have taken great pains to take care of this rod over many, many years. I had finished cleaning a bolt gun , and had chosen to sit outside on my back deck to do this. I am on the 3rd floor ...The weather was just too nice.

All finished and the rifle inside . I went back out to retrieve the rod , and in reaching for it - I knocked it away....it happened so fast , but I watched it fall s-l-o-w-l-y...."ping"...."ping"...."ping" , bouncing off the cement below.

Feeling sick , I trudged 3 flights down and headed around back....eww...into the ravine where it had finally come to rest. Wet leaves , dirt....bent , scratched the beautiful jeweled finish.

Well, phooey!! I am just sick!! Well - I know someone that needs a cleaning rod they can chuck in a drill to clean shotguns with a Scotchbrite pad wrapped around a brush....at least the rod still has some cleaning left in it. No way is that rod able to do the rifle cleaning again.

"ping" ...."ping"...."ping"

:(

If you enjoyed reading about "I Dropped It..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
October 13, 2004, 07:34 PM
Ugh. Gives you a sick feeling in your stomach.
Look on the bright side.
At least you didn't drop the rifle. ;)

kudu
October 13, 2004, 07:35 PM
It happens.:( I seem to recall knocking over my one piece Dewey coated cleaning rod, and in trying to grab it before it hit the floor,which wouldn't have hurt it in the least, I lost my balance and fell on it making a nice little kink in it. :banghead:

sm
October 13, 2004, 08:30 PM
No the rifle was secure. That is what the cardboard box with the "U" cut out on two sides are for. One side lower than the other for the solvent to drip onto newpaper . :)

Can you tell I get real "high- tech" about this stuff? Box and newpapers in the big dumpster on parking lot now

Not real sure if the raccoons are upset about the smell in "their " dumpster,or they didn't get to keep the cleaning rod. NO telling what all them critters have accumulted and stashed down in their hiding places in the ravine.

Well after "a lot of years and rds" the gun was off normal accuracy. Normally the old boy just runs a patch after exposure to wet , and to protect from humidity.

He came by and picked up the gun. No - I didn't tell him. Just doing a favor for someone whom has done me favors. Feel a 'bit' better knowing I helped him out.

Still...

If you enjoyed reading about "I Dropped It..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!