.22lr Russian Trainer

PDA

Moparmike
October 13, 2004, 09:35 PM
I was told that it is just like the Romanian trainers, and it even has the triple rear leaf sites. It is $70, and according to the gun-guys at the store, it has a really nice bore. (Someday, I need to have someone sit down and say "This is a good bore" and "this is a bad bore" etc).

I currently have it on layaway, and I want to know if it will be decent enough to learn on. I am not wanting to put 5 shots in a dime at 100yds, but I would like to make "groups" instead of "patterns". :eek:

Its a bolt action, 10-shot (I think). Can I get extra magazines for this?

If you enjoyed reading about ".22lr Russian Trainer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Redlg155
October 14, 2004, 12:46 AM
This might be of some help if it's a Russian TOZ-78.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63032&highlight=toz78

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70358

Good Shooting
Red

Moparmike
October 14, 2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks, bu that isnt it. It has a separate magazine, from the trigger guard.

Redlg155
October 14, 2004, 08:42 PM
You have me curious.

I did some searching via the internet and didn't come up with anything of that nature in a Russian. What were the markings and could it perhaps be a Romanian?

Good Shooting
Red

Dave R
October 14, 2004, 11:59 PM
That triple rear leaf sight sure sounds like a Romanian.

If the bore is anywhere near decent, it will probably be a very good rifle.

I bought a Romanian Model 1969 for my son, and liked it so much I bought another for myself. It is more accurate than my other son's Ruger 10/22 and my Marlin Model 60.

If the Russian rifle is the same design, it will likely shoot esually well. Tose things have a free-floated barrel, you know...

If you enjoyed reading about ".22lr Russian Trainer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!