ARs with no sear block?

PDA

birdv
October 14, 2004, 12:48 PM
I though only prebans had no sear block.

Is this true????????????????

If you enjoyed reading about "ARs with no sear block?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
October 14, 2004, 01:04 PM
No.

Colt put a sear block in some rifles to prevent installation of an auto-sear.

The block is not required by any law, and no other AR manufacturer puts them in.

-z

chink
October 14, 2004, 01:40 PM
I have been told that the bushmaster lowers have a portion which is unmilled that effectively acts as a sear block. I think several manufactures do this.

Wildalaska
October 14, 2004, 01:44 PM
What difference does it make

WildsowhatAlaska

glocksman
October 14, 2004, 02:19 PM
It makes a lot of difference if you're trying to install 'da switch'. :evil:

Wildalaska
October 14, 2004, 02:35 PM
If ya aint Class 2 ya cant put da switch in anyway

If you are Class 2 who cares about the block

WildeasyfixAlaska

ny32182
October 14, 2004, 02:41 PM
I have been told that the bushmaster lowers have a portion which is unmilled that effectively acts as a sear block. I think several manufactures do this.

I don't know about this, AFAIK Colt is the only one that insists on a sear block. The "shelf" in my Bushies and LMT look the same height to me. There are a couple of differences that I was surprised to find. The LMT has no small hole in the front pivot pin detent spring channel like there is on Bushmaster, and a portion of the right wall of the receiver is thicker on the Bushmaster. Not sure what thats about. I would think the LMT would be mil-spec without the autosear pinhole, and thats it.

If you enjoyed reading about "ARs with no sear block?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!