WASR-10 "proof" target.

PDA

AlexI
October 14, 2004, 11:53 AM
I recently got a brand new high cap WASR-10 (no, I didn't have a chance to shoot it yet).
Included in the package was what appeared to be a "proof" target from the manufacturer or importer or whoever conerted it to full cap magazines(Century probably?). It had the gun's serial number written on it and nothing else. There was a decent grouping (something like 2"-3" of 5 shots) in the center ring. The target itself was a kind I have never seen before: a normal bullseye with concentric rings, and also another big black bullseye with bars to the sides, this one positioned below and partially overlapping the normal target.
I am just curious about the conditions under which Century (or Romanians?) shoots these targets:
- distance?
- rear sight setting ("1" or "P"/battle setting maybe?)?
- point of aim (maybe that extra bullseye thingy?)?

Just hoping someone here knows...

Thanks.
Alex.

If you enjoyed reading about "WASR-10 "proof" target." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SteelyDan
October 15, 2004, 12:50 AM
Alex, I got one of those targets, too. Glanced at it, smiled, and tossed it away. I mean, who knows. The cool thing is, someone here might actually know.

Anyway, I think I've only shot mine on the "1" or 100-yard (or meter, I don't know) setting. If the factory guys were shooting at 100 yards, they're better shots than me. If they were shooting at 25 yards, then I win.

Now, the real reason I wasted your time by posting: what is the "extra bullseye thingy??" As a non-techie guy, I understand, expect, and even appreciate such imprecision. But for the life of me I don't know what that thingy is. I don't think I got one. Now I want one. How much will you sell it for?

AlexI
October 15, 2004, 09:46 AM
Well, I did my best trying to describe it. If you have seen one of these targets, you must know what I'm talking about. It really looks like a big black bullseye with rectangular protrusions to left and right. Unlike the real bullseye, it is not centered withing the concentric circles of the target, but close to the lower edge of the target. Really weird target design.

Alex.

goon
October 15, 2004, 12:56 PM
I am firmly convinced that they just take a whole stack of those targets and punch them all with one group from a 91/30.
The target that came with my SAR-1 showed a pretty respectable 2" group. The only thing was that I never saw a group from that gun that was less that 5" at 100 yards and it was usually worse than that.

Master Blaster
October 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
I had the same target with my SAR-1, Serial number scrawled on it in pen, 3" group with 2 fliers and three in the same hole darn near.

When I shoot mine with the iron sights at 100 yards I can keep them on a 9" paper plate. The sights are not the most precise, but if you shoot these all day long and Use some ubber romainian match grade ammo who knows????

I read that the military specification for these guns is a 3" 5 shot 100 meter group.

AlexI
October 15, 2004, 03:41 PM
Did you have to re-zero your sights? Or it was shooting to the point of aim right from the factory (at 100 yards with the sight on "1")?

Alex.

cool45auto
October 15, 2004, 09:42 PM
My "wasser" came with one, too. But the ones I've shot with it are better than the one that came with it!:D

JohnKSa
October 15, 2004, 09:49 PM
Could it be that one of the bulls is to be used with scoped guns?

On which of the bulls do the shots appear to be centered?

If you enjoyed reading about "WASR-10 "proof" target." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!