DPMS not selling new "Pre ban Rifles?"

PDA

phantomak47
October 14, 2004, 01:23 PM
From their website, I might be wrong but they are not selling new pre ban rifles just like colt. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. I guess it will have to be a armilite or bushmaster. any comments welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "DPMS not selling new "Pre ban Rifles?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wildalaska
October 14, 2004, 01:46 PM
Boycott em! Hope they go out of business!!! Traitors

WildfumingAlaska

Harry Tuttle
October 14, 2004, 02:04 PM
updating the website requires paying a contractor

Black Snowman
October 14, 2004, 02:06 PM
There are 2 new "no ban" uppers already at my local gunstore from DPMS. There too busy making them to worry about their crappy website ;)

buzz_knox
October 14, 2004, 02:13 PM
There are 2 new "no ban" uppers already at my local gunstore from DPMS

Making preban uppers (something legal to do during the AWB era) is a far cry from making complete weapons. I'm not saying that they aren't, just that this isn't evidence of anything but the status quo during the AWB.

Black Snowman
October 14, 2004, 02:16 PM
True. They've always been ones to cater to the EBR crowd with their "Tuber" and other wierd but legal guns. I'm guessing if they're not its a cost of tooling or a "sell old stock first" issue and not an attempt to be PC.

jem375
October 14, 2004, 03:57 PM
Yes, they are selling Pre-Ban rifles........went to a gun show and they were on the table ...........

enfield
October 14, 2004, 05:57 PM
I just bought a DPMS pre-ban Lite 16 -- telescoping stock, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, and <gasp> 2 30-rd mags.

It hasn't come to life and killed anyone yet, but I'm watching it.

TechBrute
October 14, 2004, 06:24 PM
Enfield, LMAO.

I'm sure that it's simply a case of their website not being updated. I don't suppose you took the time to call them and ask prior to posting about how you're going to take your business elsewhere, did you? :D

WalkerTexasRanger
October 14, 2004, 09:31 PM
Got mine last week, an AP4 (M4). Shoots like a champ!!!!

When my dealer called in the order they said 4 weeks, received it in 10 days.

ROTTO
October 14, 2004, 09:49 PM
I ordered my AP4 the saturday before the ban ended and it was in my hands with all its evil features and 2 30 rnd mags in less than a week. I also went to a gunshow 2 weeks ago and they had a table full of them as well as box after box of 20 and 30 round mags.

Harry Tuttle
October 14, 2004, 10:56 PM
the October 4th 2004 issue of SGN has a full page DPMS ad
with the following headline

SUNSET HAS FINALLY COME &
DPMS HAS ALL OF YOUR PRE BAN NEEDS

mparris71
October 14, 2004, 11:12 PM
Boycott em! Hope they go out of business!!! Traitors :p

telcom911
October 15, 2004, 10:50 AM
we've bought three DPMS rifles with all the bells and whistles over the last few years for my department, check thier LE link on thier site. The Police
Carbine should be available to everyone now, and it has everything and the kitchen sink on it. (Well, almost everything, mine has a burst trigger ;) but that is a department only add-on, individual LE's can not guy those either.)

telcom911
October 15, 2004, 10:53 AM
we've bought three DPMS rifles with all the bells and whistles over the last few years for my department, check thier LE link on thier site. The Police
Carbine should be available to everyone now, and it has everything and the kitchen sink on it. (Well, almost everything, mine has a burst trigger ;) )

Master Blaster
October 15, 2004, 11:15 AM
On the day of 9/14 I called them and ordered 4 LEO only 20 round magazines, they shipped them on the 15th and I had them on the 17th.

Note I am not a LEO!!!!!

Call them, they have a pop up on their website that says the ban is over and they are selling no ban / preban to all.

If you enjoyed reading about "DPMS not selling new "Pre ban Rifles?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!