Synthetic stock for Marlin 1894???

PDA

Voodoo
October 14, 2004, 01:53 PM
Does anyone make a synthetic stock for the Marlin 1894??? I'm having a heck of a time finding one. I know Ramline makes one, but only for the 336. They even make one for the Winny 94...:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Synthetic stock for Marlin 1894???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ddc
October 14, 2004, 02:24 PM
Great question as I was just about ready to ask it myself!

I have not done any extensive, painstaking research but have looked around a bit and the only synthetic lever gun stocks I've been able to find on the internet are the two you mentioned from Ramline.

Nothing for a Marlin 1894.:(

ChristopherG
October 14, 2004, 02:33 PM
I think manufacturing a synthetic stock for an 1894 falls under the Unforgivable Crimes Against All Things American Act, does it not ;) --along with rubber grips on blued S&W's and fiber-optic sights on Single Action Armies?

Okay, I guess maybe not. I'm interested though; why would you prefer synthetic for a levergun? Weight savings? I can't imagine the slight potential advantage for accuracy you might seek with a bolt gun would be a factor with those two little pieces on an 1894 stock. If it's durability, I guess I can understand that, but I'd think a wood stock would be cheap enough to replace that you could just beat the snot out of it and replace it again without too much fuss.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thinking, and any results you find.

Voodoo
October 14, 2004, 05:47 PM
ChristopherG:

I actually prefer wood, and while I too can appreciate the beauty of the nice walnut stock mine came with, I am looking for something a tad more weather and scratch resistant.

ddc
October 23, 2004, 08:36 PM
Just getting back online after DSL modem went TU....

ChristopherG: I hear ya brother! My meager and half-hearted defense is that my 1894 is one of the Big5 specials that come with hardwood, i.e. not walnut, stocks and the finish and color is badly mismatched between the fore-end and the butt-stock. I thought synthetics might provide a cheap, more sightly, replacement. But what the heck, I should just get off my lazy butt and refinish them. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Synthetic stock for Marlin 1894???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!