C&R Question

PDA

Trempel
October 14, 2004, 03:59 PM
My C&R expired, and I haven't re-applied yet. In California, can I sell a C&R rifle to another person who also does not have a C&R, without going through a dealer? I'm thinking that the answer is no.
How about if the other person does have a C&R license?

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Valkman
October 14, 2004, 04:32 PM
I don't think so either, as the non-FFL buyer would have to fill out form 4473 to own the gun, and that has to be done at a gun dealer. I don't know about the second question - I'd ask a dealer.

Jim K
October 14, 2004, 09:44 PM
First, does CA recognize a Collectors FFL in any way, for any purpose? If not, then you may not be able to legally receive any firearm from out of state on the license, and in the state you are an individual and must comply with all applicable laws. I think you need to learn the state law; from what I read that is not easy, but asking legal questions on a web site is not a good way to get valid answers. Going by the responses may be a good way to get into trouble, though.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!