An Addiction? Or, my relapse story

PDA

natedog
October 15, 2004, 02:56 AM
One week ago today, I was at a gunshop buying a 10 long gun capacity safe. Currently, I have 6 long guns. I was swearing up and down: "No more long guns until I'm 18". I was done, I didn't need anymore rifles, all my niches were filled.

Of course, all my gunnie friends said, "You'll be back", or "That's what they all say".

Today, I just finished my CMP paperwork for a Rack Grade H&R Greek M-1 Garand.

I guess there's always a Garand shaped hole in every gunsafe.

If you enjoyed reading about "An Addiction? Or, my relapse story" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
October 15, 2004, 03:38 AM
Suggestions & Observations if I may:

Lower the age limit . I suggest age 6 months years of age. " I will not buy [ enter firearm here] until I reach age 6 months. ( This covers parents buying for new arrivals....work with me here).

Raise your age limititations. I suggest age 150. " I will stop buying firearms at age 150. ( still working with me here?)

Build a walk-in safe , design a house around it. That is what a couple of folks I know did. One one : The Blue prints "said" two guest rooms, two bathrooms and whatever. There is a gun safe, a bathroom and a pool table.

This covers any "shapes" that might follow you home...for a few years anyway.

:D

Okiecruffler
October 15, 2004, 07:38 AM
If God would have wanted us to stop buying rifles, He wouldn't have invented walk in closets.

Bubbles
October 15, 2004, 09:25 AM
Build a walk-in safe , design a house around it.

I'm doing this right now! My husband and I have a deal - I design our house, and he designs his workshop. :D

Zundfolge
October 15, 2004, 10:48 AM
You just have to take it one day at a time ... just wake up every morning and say "I will not buy a gun today" ... you will be successfull more often then you fail (but when you do fail, don't worry we'll be here for you).

Just remember pictures next time :neener:

halvey
October 15, 2004, 11:14 AM
One week ago today, I was at a gunshop buying a 10 long gun capacity safe. Holy cow!! they make safes that SMALL? I just ordered a safe with capacity for 43 long guns. But that's just for my pistols! :)

Standing Wolf
October 15, 2004, 06:25 PM
...wake up every morning and say "I will not buy a gun today"...

I wake up and tell myself, "I will not buy a new gun before noon."

musher
October 16, 2004, 05:39 PM
Natedog, You just filled out paperwork for the CMP and you say you're trying to QUIT????

Man, you've got to get to a group fast.

SM, If I'm reading you right, you're saying that it might be a bit strange for someone to buy a rifle (or two) for their son BEFORE he's born.
Does this mean that if a...friend I know, um has a friend who did that that I should tell them not to admit doing that in public for fear of ridicule? Of course the rifles are still in the box 4 years later so they really weren't bought for me--I mean, my friend's friend.

Rumpled
October 17, 2004, 02:18 AM
If you're going to buy a 10 long gun safe, go to Costco. You know, they sell in bulk - so you can get like six of those at a time. That should cover you for a few months.
(I got a 14 'cuz I only had 6 and now I have 18 only 9 months later - learn from my mistake, buy in bulk)

If you enjoyed reading about "An Addiction? Or, my relapse story" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!