Mitchell's Mausers

PDA

no_morelipfrom_you
October 15, 2004, 05:35 PM
Saw some threads about "Fake" collectors items.

Being pretty new to all this, and having an interest in one of Mitchell's collector grade Mausers, I want to ask is this business reputable?

Thanks for any answers :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Mitchell's Mausers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SlowStar
October 15, 2004, 05:49 PM
I have bought two Mausers from Mitchell. Both of them were lower grade stuff as I only wanted the actions. Both rifles were as advertised. Mitchell is a overpriced for all but the best grade. All in all, I am happy with my purchase.

Slowstar

BigG
October 15, 2004, 05:51 PM
I see their ads but I wonder how they rationalize selling a Yugo built 98 (M-48) as a "collectors grade" K-98? They are nice but it will be a cold day in you know where before they appreciate financially imho.

ocabj
October 15, 2004, 05:53 PM
If you want an authentic K98, go with Empire Arms.

Feanaro
October 15, 2004, 06:01 PM
Mitchell's is overpriced but otherwise a sound company, except perhaps for their ads. An M48A = Historical 98K? I think not.

Cosmoline
October 15, 2004, 06:12 PM
Mitchells gets an "A" for clever marketing. They've managed to crank up the sale price of old Yugos three times their actual value through ads and packaging. That said, I credit them for introducing many non C&R folks to vintage Mausers. A lot of folks who would never touch an old rifle are OK with the unissued Yugos in the clean white box from Mitchells.

Standing Wolf
October 15, 2004, 07:17 PM
...Yugo built 98...

Any relation to the famous—perhaps I should say "infamous"—car of the same name?

Sactown
October 15, 2004, 08:03 PM
I got one of the Mithcell mausers collector grade from CDNN for like 150. I'd never buy direct from Mitchell. The yugo M98 was in exceellent condition. Looked unused. tehy're a good buy if you can find them cheap.

jefnvk
October 16, 2004, 01:18 AM
They aren't the captured reworked K98's, are they?

buttrap
October 16, 2004, 03:30 AM
No, they are a made from 1948 and later mauser clone that does not interchage parts with a real 98. Looks a lot like a CZ-24.

Okiecruffler
October 16, 2004, 08:41 AM
Avoid Mitchell's like the plague. Their ad's are out and out lies. I'll second Empire Arms if you want a truely good peice. It might cost as much as a Mitchell, but if you're buying a collectable mauser, that's what you'll get.

4v50 Gary
October 16, 2004, 03:55 PM
Another vote for Empire Arms. Dennis is a straight shooter and I've bought several Rooskie sniper rifles from him. I'm a happy camper.

cracked butt
October 16, 2004, 08:32 PM
A couple of years ago, Mitchell's was selling the M48's for $400 when you could buy the exact same unissued rifle from CDNN for $150.

Mitchell's stuff is way overpriced.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mitchell's Mausers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!