Stupid AR question

PDA

MLC
October 15, 2004, 06:27 PM
I have an AR with a Swan Sleeve and a Trijicon ReflexII and want to be able to slap a scope on it from time to time.
What scope rings(quick release and standard) fit on the picatinny rail?
I assume that I want a high mount?
Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid AR question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Southern Raider
October 15, 2004, 06:53 PM
Picatinny is essentially the same as weaver, except the slot spacing is different. In other words, just about any ring should mount to the sleeve.

Normally, a flat top AR demands high rings, but if you mount on top of the sleeve, you may want something a bit lower.

762x51
October 15, 2004, 08:53 PM
For mounting on top of the Swan Sleeve with a 40mm objective scope, you want a medium ring like the ARMS #22M. High will be a bit too high for a good cheekweld. Optimum height is 1.4" above the flat top (same height as iron sights). Weaver and 1913 rings will fit on a 1913 rail, but only Weaver will fit on a Weaver rail.

Very good info in this thread on ar15.com

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=134&t=141691

Also be aware that if you are using a normal eye relief scope on a Swan Sleeve with the standard ARMS #40 rear sight, you wont be able to use a rear flip up lens cover. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid AR question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!