M-1 garand ww2 mags? clips?

PDA

walking arsenal
October 16, 2004, 10:06 PM
Can anyone give me a value on a couple of m-1 garand mags?

They are the old 30-06 WW2 style stripper clips, ive got two of em and am wondering how much theyre worth. im guessing not much but my lil bro asked and all i could say was :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "M-1 garand ww2 mags? clips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Trebor
October 16, 2004, 10:29 PM
The Garand uses 8 round "en bloc" clips. These are technically not "stripper clips" because the whole unit of clip and ammo is inserted into the internal mag of the rifle. The difference is that with stripper clips the rounds are stripped off of the clip into the rifle and the clip is discarded.

M-1 clips run from .25 cents each to about $1 each. It depends on how many you buy at a time and from who.

Personally, I'd just set them aside for later if you get a M-1 or give them to someone you know with a Garand. They aren't really going to be worth the trouble to sell.

walking arsenal
October 17, 2004, 10:57 AM
cool, thanks, my brother will be thrilled

VG
October 17, 2004, 01:05 PM
If they look to hold five cartridges, they're stripper clips for the M1903.

En bloc clips for the Garand hold 8

If you have a magazine that holds 30.06, it's likely from a BAR.

walking arsenal
October 17, 2004, 01:38 PM
the ones i have hold 8, 30-06 cartridges i doubt it's from a bar though.

Tamara
October 17, 2004, 02:10 PM
the ones i have hold 8, 30-06 cartridges i doubt it's from a bar though.

Nope. BAR's used detachable box magazines.

walking arsenal
October 17, 2004, 03:11 PM
thanks tamara, thats what i thought

Hkmp5sd
October 17, 2004, 04:34 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/4064/gunimages/M1Clips/M1SideAP.jpg http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/4064/gunimages/M1Clips/M1TopM2.jpg

El Rojo
October 17, 2004, 08:03 PM
Ohhhh, those are those evil black tipped bullets I have heard about. We don't have those in California. I feel this sudden urge to go do something illegal just looking at them. Must...fight...urge. I can't stop it! I am going to go cut the tags off of my pillow cushions right now! See the kind of crime armored piercing ammo can cause! I thought this was the High Road and Hkmp5sd posts such decadent photos. Horrible.

hps1
October 18, 2004, 01:52 AM
I feel this sudden urge to go do something illegal just looking at them.

:D :D :D :D

Regards
hps

fistful
October 18, 2004, 02:04 AM
ID it the easy way.... Nice picture, but you didn't tell the man what they were.

walking arsenal
October 18, 2004, 11:23 AM
The man KNOWS what they are.

the question was what were they worth.

trebor answered that straight off

hkmp5sd verified it with his cool pics, cudos btw

The new question is how does the garand feed rounds from such an odd contraption, im not all that familiar with the rifle.
:scrutiny:

hps1
October 18, 2004, 12:04 PM
The new question is how does the garand feed rounds from such an odd contraption, im not all that familiar with the rifle.

The follower pushes upward on all 8 rounds (or less as each round is fired) and the bolt simply pushes the next round into the chamber, stripping it from the clip. On firing the last round, the empty clip is ejected and bolt remains open so that a full clip may be inserted quickly.

John Garand was a wizard.

For a much better explanation of the function of the garand, click on following link:

http://www.dav32.com/feeding.html

Regards,
hps

Swampy
October 19, 2004, 08:32 AM
The follower pushes upward on all 8 rounds and the bolt simply pushes the next round into the chamber, stripping it from the clip. On firing the last round, the empty clip is ejected and bolt remains open so that a full clip may be inserted quickly.

John Garand was a wizard.

US Rifle, Caliber .30, M1 ..... absolutely the FASTEST to reload battle rifle ever fielded. :D

Swampy

Garands forever

Tamara
October 20, 2004, 12:02 AM
Just to see if we can really get El Rojo all wack... :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=342353

El Rojo
October 20, 2004, 12:22 AM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That is it. You have made me snap. I am going to go drive down the rain soaked road at 65 miles an hour right now! I have to break the law and I have to do it now. That evil ammo has possessed me. After I am done driving down the rain slicked road at a breakneck 65 miles per hour I am going to start campaigning for all of the conservative candidates in this state as obviously the Democrats have failed to protect me from this menace of the web. I know all of you "Sportsmen for Kerry" committee members might be upset, but you see, this is what happens when this vile pictures make their way into your homes from the Internet.

chuckles
October 20, 2004, 11:09 AM
El Rojo wrote: I am going to start campaigning for all of the conservative candidates in this state
I think they all evacuated to "Free America" a while back.:D

Jason Demond
October 20, 2004, 08:23 PM
What are the markings on the back of the clips?

HankL
October 20, 2004, 08:40 PM
El Rojo, Remember those clips I sent you? They once held the elusive M2-AP.:neener: :neener: :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "M-1 garand ww2 mags? clips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!