Police: Snowball fight led to girl's shooting

PDA

funbob
February 24, 2003, 09:33 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/02/24/snowball.shooting.ap/index.html

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man whose daughter was hit with a snowball by a group of girls returned to the scene and opened fire with a gun, critically wounding a 10-year-old youngster, police said.

Joseph Best, 32, was arrested Monday and jailed on charges including attempted murder.

The victim was in critical condition with a head wound.

Best's daughter was hit with a snowball as she and her friends walked past a group of girls having a "friendly snowball fight" Sunday, police Capt. Charles Bloom said.

A scuffle then broke out among the dozen or so girls, who ranged in age from 10 to 15. The groups soon parted ways, but Best returned with an older daughter and another brawl erupted, this time between adult relatives of both groups, Bloom said.

Police broke up that fight, but said Best came back again hours later, leaned out the passenger side of a moving car and fired at least five shots into the group of children still playing on the street. Authorities were trying to determine who was driving.

Police said the girl who was shot had been inside during the scuffles.

"This little girl had nothing to do with anything. She wasn't involved in the fight," Bloom said. "He just seemed to be randomly shooting into the crowd."

It could not be immediately determined Wednesday if Best had a lawyer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Police: Snowball fight led to girl's shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DeltaElite
February 24, 2003, 09:39 PM
Public execution for this maggot.

Justin
February 24, 2003, 09:39 PM
What the hell is wrong with the people who do this sort of stuff?:fire:

rage
February 24, 2003, 09:49 PM
Shot into a street corner of kids after things calmed down. :fire:

I hope there is no political fallout from this POS. I firsthand know there was personal fallout from her school today. :(

MountainPeak
February 24, 2003, 09:59 PM
I thought this cities' tough gun laws put a stop to things like this!:rolleyes:

seeker_two
February 24, 2003, 10:08 PM
Just shows how dangerous those snowballs can be.

We need three-month waiting periods on those things (+ 6 weeks if the groundhog sees his shadow)...

Seriously, I hope this guy becomes some Bubba's favorite girlfriend...:fire:

Bruce in West Oz
February 24, 2003, 10:09 PM
I would love five minutes alone with the maggot that did this. :fire:

This is already receiving major media airtime here as an example of why we should NOT be able to own handguns or keep our firearms at home.

Thanks for nothing, jerk!!

(My absolutely deepest sympathies to the little girl's family -- how you cope with this sort of thing I don't know.)

Bruce

scottgun
February 25, 2003, 02:57 AM
Another inner city ghetto dweller acting like a mindless savage. I'd bet ya that his firearm wasn't legal.

Apple a Day
February 25, 2003, 06:30 AM
The guy has also been charged with "various gun charges" which probably means he illegaly owned a firearm. You won't see that in the paper, though, or on CNN.

Kahr carrier
February 25, 2003, 06:58 AM
What a Nut .:cuss: Just the kind of thing the Anti-gun people latch on to.:fire:

hksw
February 25, 2003, 12:36 PM
I hope he gets attempted murder.

Blackhawk
February 25, 2003, 12:49 PM
Idiot! :cuss:

I hope the details of this maggot's history will show that he's already a felon ineligible to posess a firearm.

I sincerely hope the little girl will recover completely.... :(

Delmar
February 25, 2003, 01:07 PM
Would I love to be a jurror on this case:fire:

Nathaniel Firethorn
February 25, 2003, 03:30 PM
Some :cuss:ing people should not be trusted with firearms.

- pdmoderator

Matt G
February 25, 2003, 04:17 PM
Or cars, pdmoderator; it was a drive-by.

I suppose it's good to get down what the motive was, but ANY drive-by shooting is senseless, period. Add that the shot was into a crowd of little girls, and I can't comprehend what this ichorous scab doing walking the streets. Counts of attempted murder for every shot fired or every girl on the street corner, whichever is greatest, should be filed. Temporary Insanity would be an obvious plea; what sane man could attempt to murder a little girl?!? Best to relieve him of his guilt and protect the public in the future, and snuff this one.

Snowballs or daggers thrown; one doesn't fire out the window at anyone, least of all little girls.

:barf:

Nathaniel Firethorn
February 25, 2003, 04:24 PM
Counts of attempted murder for every shot fired or every girl on the street corner, whichever is greatest, should be filed. Should be number of shots times number of girls. Each shot was an attempt on the life of everyone there.

- pdmoderator

Peetmoss
February 25, 2003, 04:46 PM
What a low life scumbag. Some people should be removed from the face of this earth and she is one of them.

Standing Wolf
February 25, 2003, 09:29 PM
Short rope.

Long drop.

Robby from Long Island
February 25, 2003, 10:19 PM
And the hard facts are that there are tens of thousands of these pieces of trash all over the country.

JohnBT
February 26, 2003, 11:17 AM
The morning paper says his wife was driving.

But who was babysitting their child while they were busy?

John

Edward429451
February 26, 2003, 11:44 AM
This is Hollyweirds fault I think. Hope she recovers.:(

45R
February 26, 2003, 01:55 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :fire: :fire: :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Police: Snowball fight led to girl's shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!