My first trick shot!

PDA

KaceCoyote
October 19, 2004, 06:13 PM
Yesterday, towards the end of a Remmington bulk box(wierd wierd ammo). Anywho me and my associate were getting ready to blast a few CDs and the boasting started. So I went up for it, shot a .22LR through the hole of CD at first 15...and then later 25! Maybe its not super impressive but I did it 5 times! So I didnt shoot a quarter in mid air blind folded with a single action but hey I'm quite proud of my first "trick" shot!

I've always been in awe of my tough little Revelation(an old licensed copy of the Marlin 60), but it was so utterly filthy by the bottom of the box that I was starting to flirt with FTEs and such. So what was YOUR first trick shot...

oh and if you forgot... YAY ME!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "My first trick shot!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thefitzvh
October 19, 2004, 06:33 PM
shooting a .44 mag case at 25 yards with a .22

Also blasted the buttons off a stuffed rabbit's shirt with said .22... not sure of the range on that one

James

czhen
October 19, 2004, 06:37 PM
I've shoot a pencil with a .22 cal @ 25 yards

cz hen
FL

Standing Wolf
October 19, 2004, 06:57 PM
I once shot a perfect 100 on a fifty-foot bullseye slow fire target. That was in the summer of 1980. I haven't been able to duplicate the trick, although hardly for lack of trying.

jobu07
October 19, 2004, 08:35 PM
Years ago i'd love to shoot pennies and nickels and quarters with my old .22 bolt gun. The distance, I dunno how far it was but it sure seemed far when you were a little guy! :D

crewchief
October 19, 2004, 09:06 PM
Going out by the lake and blasting apart Cattail plants apart. Those big brown Cattails sure make for a great reactionary target.

SkyDaver
October 19, 2004, 09:21 PM
A few of 'em, all at the Boy Scout range when I was a teen.

1. The range master's son and I shot down a small (4" diameter) pinetree that was growing in the front of the berm.

2. We parked ourselves on either side of kids that weren't so good, and pop a couple of Xs in their target.

3. We shot the thumbtacks off a kid's target. Said kid was bragging about how good he was.

Hypnogator
October 19, 2004, 09:59 PM
Hmmmm.......

Lighting strike-anywhere kitchen matches at 25 yds with my Nylon 66 w/ 4X scope. :cool:

Throwing a brick into the air, breaking it in half, then breaking both halves before they hit the ground. :what: (only once)

Taking a student's Security Six after he complained the sights were off, and putting a smiley face on the silhouette target at 15 yds. :evil:

Taking a student's 12-ga loaded with slugs after he complained it wasn't shooting accurately at silhouettes stapled to laths, and shooting the lath in half under each of 3 targets at 15 yds. :neener:

4v50 Gary
October 19, 2004, 10:01 PM
Hit a flying pigeon at about 75 yards distance with a Crossman 760 BB gun. A puff of down and he listed to one side and dropped.

Every other pigeon I've killed since then was at close quarters.

dleong
October 19, 2004, 10:30 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/dlwh/Shot_45ACP_Cartridge.jpg

A 45ACP cartridge shot with my 22LR Beretta Neos from a distance of 25... inches!

DL

Valkman
October 19, 2004, 10:45 PM
At a black powder shoot one time we had to mount a "horse" made from a 55 gallon drum and set on rockers. Then while a guy rocked the horse, we had to shoot at the sharp end of a axe head that has a clay pidgeon on either side of it. Somehow while rocking I hit it right and broke both clays, the only one of my group to do so. I considered it more luck than anything! :)

Das Pferd
October 19, 2004, 11:10 PM
Star BM + Steven King book + 25 yards = bullet hole through the eye
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1304246

atek3
October 19, 2004, 11:57 PM
not really a trick shot but...

I was out camping in black rock desert with some gun nuts. On a hill ~275 yards away was a half size RAM sillhoutte propped against a rock. One guy had a Remington LTR w/ a leopould scope. I had my tikka with a bushnell varmint scope on it. we agreed to see who could hit it in the lowest number of shots offhand. I fired first...and hit it :)
(that was the only offhand hit made :uhoh: )

atek3

USMCsilver
October 20, 2004, 12:07 AM
Trick shots? I guess I have three:

1. Shot hand tossed skeet w/ a .45 two out of five times.

2. Shot flying tweetie at about 10 yards w/ a .22 (I was about 15 years old...)

3. Shot many trap but it took multiple shots.

WhoKnowsWho
October 20, 2004, 01:56 AM
Shot an accidental smiley face with a nose with my USP at 15 yards. Though the eyes were a bit lopsided, I kept it!

El Rojo
October 20, 2004, 02:12 AM
While coyote calling, my dad shot a coyote up close with his shotgun (#4 buck and #2s mix), but as they sometimes do, this coyote still made a run for it. I stood up with my Remington 700 VS in .308 (http://home.bak.rr.com/elrojo/pictures/700prtc3.jpg) (yes it is heavy and it had that same Harris Bipod on it) and quickly got in my best highpower 200 yard stance. I think my scope was up on like 10 power or so and I squeezed off the shot as the coyote was going full speed away from me at 75 yards. I look up and see him roll to a stop. In awe I ask my dad, "Did I hit him?" He doesn't know. I go over and look. Sure enough, I hit him. I actually hit him in the right left leg and it was barely hanging on by his skin (the #4 buck wouldn't do that, but my 125 gr. Speer TNT HP would). He was already going to die, but his rear leg took him down and by the time I walked over to him, he was dead. I don't know if I could do that standing with that heavy gun and on ten power again.

rbrowning
October 20, 2004, 10:21 AM
With two brother there was always plenty of imagination and copmitetion.

We used to shoot empty 22 cases at 15 yards. We would hang a pop can from a saw hores and then shoot the string (Mom taught us that one!). We shot quarters at 25 yards, but quickly realized that a) you never seem to find them, b) nickles were nearly the same size and 1/5 the cost.

When we got into muzzle loading we split the balls on and axe to hit the two clay pigeons (although never on "horseback"). We cut playing cards in two with edge shots.

But the luckiest shot I ever made was with my pistol. My younger brother and I had been bouncing a 2 liter bottle around the hill at 100 yards with our 22 rifles and it got stuck in a rut. I picked up my Super Red Hawk 44 and shot it. The intent wat just to starttle my brother with the muzzle blast, but I hit it. I looked at him and his jaw dropped open and he had the funniest look on his face. He said that I dooked just as surprised. Never to be tried again.

keyhole
October 20, 2004, 10:26 AM
Had a retired cop one time ask me if I had ever shot at playing cards, on edge. He cut a slice in the cardboard, and backed off about 7 paces. Took a couple of shots with his 1911 to hit it, and then offered me the same. I backed off 7 paces, and hit it on the first try, cut the card in two, dead center. He looked at me, and asked if I wanted to do it again.

Nope, I replied, I had a perfect going, and didn't want to break it!:evil:

ZeroX
October 20, 2004, 11:47 AM
Star BM + Steven King book + 25 yards = bullet hole through the eye

Not a King fan?

CAS700850
October 20, 2004, 12:03 PM
My one and only. Was at a private range with dad and a couple of his friends. I'm shooting a bolt .22 (can't remember make or model). Open sights. Hitting pretty much everything I aim at. Dad makes a bet with his buddies, and one puts a lit cigarette on a post, filter down, and tells me to shoot off the ember. Two breaths, some concentration, and bang. Filter and most of cigaterre still on post, ember gone. Of course, that was 20 years ago, when my vision was still 20/10...

Ktulu
October 20, 2004, 12:05 PM
See that fly on yonder mesa... :D

thumbody
October 20, 2004, 12:37 PM
14 yrs old,Crossman 760 BB gun. Nailed a bottle cap to a fence post,back up 10 yds or so, 10 pumps, use the crotch of a pear tree for a rest. Aim for the center of the cap and shoot . BB hits dead center (of the nail)watch as BB comes straight back over the top of the sights and shatters the lens of my glasses. (My parents were not impressed). Quick lesson on the need for eye protection.

wmenorr67
October 20, 2004, 01:57 PM
Your name wouldnt be Ralphie from the movie "A Christmas Story" would it?
You'll shoot your eye out.:neener:

bigjoegood1
October 20, 2004, 02:04 PM
wmenorr67,

But Ralphie, you'll put your eye out! :neener:

Little Loudmouth
October 20, 2004, 06:12 PM
Several come to mind:

1. Numerous clays busted @ 50 yards with a Remington 40X .22

2. Plastic Half & Half can filled with water set on the target board's post with a Ruger 10/22. Only 50 feet, but I was eight. I was using Aguila High Velocity ammo. That can went flying backward spewing water everywhere.

3. Making a milk carton jump with a Marlin 39A.

9 m&m
October 20, 2004, 06:35 PM
Shot a bottle cap off a limb at 110 yds. with my Hi-point 9mm carbine about a year ago. FREE-HANDED!!! :) :cool: I thought that wuz purty cool!

Waffen
October 20, 2004, 06:38 PM
I once shot a .223 case EXACTLY down the middle with a .22lr at 50 yards. I am somewhat scared to touch the casing because it might snap in 1/2. but there was metal on both sides of the entrey and exit. I have NEVER been able to duplicate that shot, though I have tried.

Lonestar.45
October 20, 2004, 06:58 PM
Back when I was into bowhunting, during practice, I shot an arrow into another arrow. They were aluminum, the second arrow stuck perfectly into the first. I still have it hanging like that in the garage. To this day I'm not sure dad believes I did it the way I said I did (he had walked into the house when it happened).

Me and a friend, during our teenage years, used to shoot our .22's at pennies taped to a paper target at 30-40 yds. Using my trusty Model 60, I built quite a collection of pennies with holes in them.

More recently, went to a sporting clays "fun" type tournament with a bunch of clients and friends. I've never shot sporting clays, but have shot skeet/dove years ago. There were about 150 guys there divided into teams. Most had Browning or Ruger over/unders, and most of them looked like they had shot a lot of clays. I roll up with my 870 pump, and kept up with them okay, until we got to the last station where I shot 9 out of 10, the high score on that station for the day. Won a $100 gift certificate to a local gun shop. Luck, heck yes!

Of course, those are the rare highlights. I could fill pages with stories of missed deer, hogs, dove, skeet........

jsalcedo
October 20, 2004, 07:35 PM
Busted an old Dr pepper bottle at 250 yards with my M91 mosin nagant
Iron sights first try.

Shot a beer bottle tied to a string in a breeze with my stock sistema
from 75 yards.

Shot an old aresol can at 100 yards with my standard model ruger MKII
Took 4 rounds to find my elevation though.

JohnKSa
October 20, 2004, 11:10 PM
Using an air pistol at 6 yards (in my garage), I split two pellets in a row on a utility knife blade.

Not exactly in half though... ;)

Here are four holes from two shots--I moved the blade between shots.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=117776

And here are some pellet halves I dug out of the ductseal.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=117784

Yes, there are more than four pellet halves. I had to practice a few shots before I tried to hit two in a row.

When I was a kid, I could hit the poles on the chainlink fence at around 10-15 yards from the hip with my Daisy 880. It had to be poles though--I could never get my elevation "sense" good enough to hit any kind of a real target from the hip.

Das Pferd
October 20, 2004, 11:36 PM
Not a King fan?

It was either that or my spare tire. We couldnt find anything else in my Jeep when we decided to spontaneously go shooting one day.

gunslinger308
October 21, 2004, 01:00 AM
first bb/pellet trick-anything from the hip( although there was this one ricochet off the BBQ pit that hit my little sisster's leg, wow sibblings are mean to each other!)

first bow trick/unlucky shot- practice in my back yard for 4-H, 15yds off the top of the target butt(straw and burlap w/wooden hoop for support), then skips off the top of cement fence to end 20 feet up in a tree across the alley.

first pistol trick shot- My dad got a S&W 9mm auto and we went to go practice in the field. When we arrived there were some feral hogs about 300yds in the bottom of the field, he scatters them with a shot from a 30-30, so I start shooting his pistol(with fmj rounds) at a running 25pound pig and within five shots I killed the pig at about 85yds( I sure wouldn't have guessed that a pistol would be that flat a trajectory!)

SKS- 3 ferral hogs, 12yds, 7 shots(all hits), 11seconds from first to last shot ( makes you shudder to think about our soldiers in Korea and VietNam wars)

Highpower rifle- Saiga 308 w/posp4-8x42(me)portugese surp ammo vs. Remington700 300Ultra w/Luepold3-9(buddy)rifles "favorite" factory ammo, 500 yds, 12inch x 20inch water jug, see who can hit it. He takes three shots,all on either side of the jug. I take three and nail it every time. Ofcourse, I was to busy jumping for joy to shoot anymore, but my two buddies shot my gun and each hit the jug 2 out of three shots!

shotgun-still have some practice before I get this one.The clubhouse manager at my shotgun club shot a perfect 25 skeet round FROM THE HIP!!!

Battlespace
October 21, 2004, 11:30 AM
I was black powder target practicing with a friend several years ago using his .36 Remington and my .44 Remington. He made a comment about shooting a black walnut he had placed on a fence post. We walked off about 75 paces turned and darned if I didn't hit it on the first shot. We both just stood there in utter amazement.

Dionysusigma
October 21, 2004, 03:36 PM
When I first got into guns, I had purchased one of those cheap Marksman BB pistols (the $20.00 ones at Wal-Mart). I started out at 7 feet shooting at a 3x5" index card, and after every time I reloaded the hopper I moved back about 2 feet.

By the end of the next day I was 40 yards back. Cross-breeze of about 30-35mph. Did a few hopper-fuls with not a single one missing the paper. :evil: :p

Once got bored with my Marlin 60 at the range, so I started shooting blossoms off flowers from 50 yards. Just to see if I could do it, I popped one in the middle of the stem (long stems on these suckers... think thistles) and as the upper bit came down I sent one through the blossom. :D

Never been able to either of these since.

GMAN
October 21, 2004, 04:41 PM
Only one I can think of is, we were shooting bow and arrow when I was 15yrs old (now 57) I shot an arrow between 2 bales of straw and when we went and located the arrow, It had went through and was still sticking through a garner snake. Does that count as a trick shot?:D

atek3
October 21, 2004, 04:50 PM
I was spear fishing, thrust the spear and nailed two fish :)

atek3

ScorpioVI
October 21, 2004, 06:02 PM
Direct lay on an 81mm mortar. 1st round downrange. Dropped the round right through the TC hatch of an old M113 at 600 meters.

Well, that was my most impressive trick shot. My first one was shooting mangos out of trees with a BB gun by hitting the 1mm stem that holds them. My brothers and I would take turns shooting and catching the mangos.

extremefishin00
October 21, 2004, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine made a steel popper target a few years back. It stood about 3 feet tall, and had about 8 metal squares on it as targets. The squares were about 2"x2". One day when we were out shooting, we decided to play a game. I was using my M1 Carbine, and he was using a Remington 740 in 30.06. We backed off about 40 yards from the target and started shooting. He'd shoot a square, causing it to spin one way, and then I'd shoot the same square, making it go the other way. We did this for a while before we ran out of ammo.

We also used to shoot at action figures with our BB guns. Gi Joe's hands get pretty small when you're about 15 yards away..

Chris

Tharg
October 22, 2004, 12:11 AM
can't really call it trick.

When i joined the Navy i had shot my dad's long guns - but never shot anything in a hand gun.

Well they had just opened thier newly renovated range and told us that we were special and got to fire fourty 22 rounds instead of 20. (seemed looking back like a 1911 reconfigured for 22lr)(this was in boot camp in 1990 in Orlando)(before ya'll go nuts... this is the NAVY not the Army/Marines... rofl)

(i have no idea if that was "true" that we were special or what not)

at any rate... they said that we were supposed to aim for body center and no head shots or the like.

of course - i managed (i was quite proud) to land 39 in the "center mass" area... and just one - centered on the forhead.

Hey - i'd never fired a handgun before then - unless you count the video arcades... and they weren't exactly high-tech then <grin> Not sure "duck hunt" for nintendo counts as handgun experience... hehe.

Hey - as close as i can get.. =) The normal shooting we do round here (clays and the like w/ handguns/22's/etc... don't count as any kind of expertise...

altho - after you break the clay.... then making the bits that are still visible dissapear... does seem a bit trickish <hehehe 22>

J/Tharg!

fastball
October 22, 2004, 01:04 PM
Show off to your non-shooting friends by extingishing (blowing out, whatever) a candle flame at 10-15 yards. Anything close will do it. Give it a try. Also, PLEASE BE CAREFUL, HERE-- it is easy to shoot a revolver (.22) upside down. Just use the sights as you would right side up. Try this unloaded a few times first. Pull trigger with little finger on SA. (Don't try this in the back yard ) did I say be careful????? But it is EASY.---Tom

Sorry, Dave, where are my manners??---Why to go , Kace. I couldn't do that in a hundred years, wouldn't even try unless my ex was holding it. :D :D :)

Dave R
October 22, 2004, 02:20 PM
Kace Coyote, that's some mighty fine shooting!

You other guys might want to compliment a good shooter in addition to your own brags.

gunslinger308
October 22, 2004, 04:59 PM
Dave R-You other guys might want to compliment a good shooter in addition to your own brags

How about Bob Munden from NRA TV- He has more trick shots in his bag than I have milsurp ammo in my closet!!!

KaceCoyote
October 22, 2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks Dave R, I was feeling alittle forgotten here.

xdoctor
October 22, 2004, 06:33 PM
shot one of those plastic easter eggs off a post at 300 yards with my ak once. It only took about 100 rounds.

waynzwld
October 22, 2004, 06:53 PM
A friend and I were working on a building one time and a couple of crows landed about 150 yards away and were eating crickets. I bet him $10 I could hit the crow in the eye. He took the bet. So I rested my scoped AR on the porch rail and shot. When we went out to where the crow was, he paid me the $10 bucks. The crow was dead with both eyes out and the top of his skull popped open like a bottle cap.

SMLE
October 22, 2004, 09:35 PM
I once shot an apple of a friend's head! :what:

Well, not "exactly". My friend had a college class assignment to shoot a video that tole an "unbelievable tale in a believable way. We used an old steel helmet and a camera tripod with a broomstick taped to it. One fellow used a hand held camcorder to record my friend putting on the helmet and me taping the apple on top of it. My friend than walked a few steps down range, the camera man did a tight zoom that showed just eh top of the helmet and the apple then cut. My friend took off the helmet and we put the tripod under it. Rolled tape and I shot the apple with a .303 rifle. another cut , removed the tripod and put my friend back under the helmet. Rolled tape and zoomed out. Friend is standing there in mock shock with applesauce dripping down his neck. The raw, unedited tape freaked a couple of people out, the finished version was scary real.

Here is a frame from the tape showing the moment of impact.

http://www.smellysmleshooters.net/dansapple.jpg

Jake
October 22, 2004, 09:41 PM
It was at a friends house when I was 17 or 18. We started out plinking with his bolt-action .22 when he and another guy decided to shoot some skeet. So he goes in the house and comes back with a laucher, 12 gauge and some clays and they set up and start shooting. They shoot for a while and I continue to play with the .22 because I had never shot skeet before and wasn't real interested in trying.

After about 20 minutes they start trying to get me to try it but I said no. So they keep trying to talk me into trying it and I finally agree, kind of. Deciding to be a smarta#@ about it I walk over and take position still holding his .22 rifle. So they start joking around and giving me a hard time about shooting skeet with a .22. I told them to just load up and get ready to go and we'll see what happens.

Now as I said I had never tried skeet shooting or any other kind of aerial shooting before so I don't have chance of hitting this thing. But I called pull, snapped the gun up, aimed and fired and I'll be darned if I didn't hit it dead on and shatter it. At which point I looked at them and said something along the lines of "Class is over for the day boys and girls. Thanks for coming." and walked away. To this day I've never tried skeet again so I can still claim my "perfect" record with a .22.

Guy L Johnson
October 23, 2004, 01:59 AM
At the club i shoot we regularly cut playing cards at 30 yards with.177 air rifles for fun or have contest to shoot the 22cal LR case off the 50 yard rail first.

bratch
October 23, 2004, 03:52 AM
Got a neighbor who is always hitting golf balls in my yeard. I took one of the plastic wiffle types and split it dead center with my bow from about 20 yards. First shot. Shot some birds with the bow at about 25 yards. Thats about it for me.

Sometimes think I can shoot my bow better than a gun.

MLH
October 23, 2004, 12:05 PM
Didn't try again as I wanted to keep my perfect streak going!:D

riddleofsteel
October 23, 2004, 12:11 PM
I bought my son a Savage Mark II BV .22 LR a couple of weeks ago. I happen to have a Leupold 3.5x10 50mm Vari X III on the shelf laying idle so I installed it on the new rifle. I also put a Rifle Basix sear in and adjusted the trigger to around 1 lb. as it is a target rifle for now.
Once at the range we sighted it in and started to shoot for groups. When my son had been shooting for a while he noticed it was really starting to shoot better as the barrel smoothed out a bit. We got tired of shooting targets so we picked up a bunch of 12 and 20 gauge shot gun shells off of the ground and started shooting them off of the 50 yard target stand. When that got boring we picked up a hat full of .223 brass and shot them off of the 50 yard target stand, hitting them every time.
On our last range trip we were setting up .223 brass on the 100 yard target stand and I noticed a guy looking at us kinda funny. He asked what we were doing. When I told him we were shooting the brass off of the stand with a .22 he said "SURE THING BUDDY." Later he stood watching in amazment as an 11 year old kid shot 9 out of 10 .223 empties off of the stand at 100 yards.

:neener:

Freedomv
October 23, 2004, 12:13 PM
I’ve made a lot of luck shots as anyone who does a lot of shooting will invariable do, but picture this……………

While in basic training, Ft, Leonard Wood, Mo. (1968) We were trained with RED RYDER BB guns to shoot small steel disc out of the air as they were thrown by your shooting partner.

The name of the exercise was QUIK POINT if I remember correctly. The entire company was paired up and each pair had a Red Ryder and a hand full of steel disc ranging from about 2 ½ down to 1 inch. We also had a small target device that had several small steel silhouette targets that were mounted in a row on a steel shaft so when they were hit they would topple over. Over all these could not have been about 10 inches long and could be held in your and simple rotated to reset the silhouettes and then placed back on the ground to shoot at.

We all had eye goggles made of somewhat clear plastic that wrapped around and sealed/shielded the sides of our eyes and face.

The BB we used were just scooped up by the handful from the ground and after blowing any dust and debris away poured back into the rifles.

When we started they said that many of us would be shooting nikles and dimes out of the air before it was over and many of us did.

We would hold the rifle as close to the muzzle with your left hand as your body build would allow and cock, point and shoot as fast as you could while your partner was throwing the disc or while shooting at the silhouettes.

We all had a lot of red welts on or hands and faces from ricochets etc. but for me the worst pain was when a BB caught you on your lip and front teeth.

Vern

manwithoutahome
October 23, 2004, 04:05 PM
Boles Acres New Mexico, in the hills by dog canyon, mouse on the run on the rocks, Savage 30-06, one shot, found pieces.

Wayne

NoHarmNoFAL
October 23, 2004, 10:49 PM
I shot a playing card in half (edge on) at 20 ft. with my .45 does that count.

Horsesense
October 24, 2004, 01:54 AM
I lined up about a dozen glass bottled on the side of my brand new truck and shot them off in rapped succession with a .22 Speed Master.

Place a bottle on top of another bottle and bust the bottome one and then the top, before it hits the ground.

One time I shot an aerosol can, that had been thrown in the air, with a Mini-14…. The bullet entered and exited from the same hole! I kid you not, there was a ridge in the can, where the bulled spun around the inside of the can and exited the same hole. Don’t know where the bullet ended up but it could have hit me, I suppose.

NoHarmNoFAL
October 24, 2004, 08:08 PM
I lined up about a dozen glass bottled on the side of my brand new truck and shot them off in rapped succession with a .22 Speed Master.

And your name is Horsesense :rolleyes: .

Horsesense
October 25, 2004, 10:30 AM
Kind of ironic :D :D

Back in my younger days, the Lord had to watch over me quite a bit.

NoHarmNoFAL
October 25, 2004, 10:13 PM
By the grace of God, go I. Huh ;)

effengee
October 26, 2004, 12:34 AM
Set em up all over the berm and wiped out the entire platoon in under 10 seconds with a .22 bolt action.

Center shot a CD with an AK from 25 yds.

Hit a 2 liter soda bottle full of water 6 times with my AK from 50 yds and never once knocked it over...

Made a soup can dance with a snubbie .357

Hitting a coydog in the right ear, on the run, from 80 yds with a 20 guage Mossberg loaded with Rottweil slug...

Keeping a soda can floating in mid air with a 10/22 and a 50 rd banana...

Cat tails in the swamp with everything from .22 to .45-70

Making a smiley face with a 9mm like in the movie...

Shooting a Glock .40 and a S&W .40 one in each hand, at the same time.
AND I actually hit the target 16 out of 20!

Signing my name with a 75 rd drum of 7.62X39mm

But my trickiest shot to date was during a childhood game of BBgun war.

I was on the run, so was my target, and I shot through the visor on his motorcycle helmet, through the safety goggles, and pierced his right ear.
It was stuck there and looked like the stud they use to pierce ears with.
I consider it lucky because I didn't shoot his eye out!

JIM

If you enjoyed reading about "My first trick shot!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!