New Ann Coulter book opposes gun control

PDA

Lone Star
October 20, 2004, 10:11 AM
Conservative columnist Ann Coulter has been hawking her new volume, "How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must)" on the TV talk shows, the ones that'll feature someone who says true but un-PC things.

It's $26.95, discounted by 30% at Border's and maybe other major booksellers. Amazon.com has it, too.

It has several places where she opposes anti-gun efforts, even ridiculing the "New York Times" using Handgun Control, Inc. and their confederates' data as if it was meaningful .

My favorite chapter may be, "Ruger Is A Girl's Best Friend", about why Washington, D.C. needs to get rid of the gun ban, so that women (and everyone else) can arm themselves aginst thugs.

This is a big event, when a noted columnist says pro-gun things in a major book, featured in stores' promotional displays. It is just about unprecedented!

You may want to take a look. I bought the book...I love it when she says that Ted Kennedy crawled out of Boston Harbor with a quart of Scotch in one pocket and a pair of pantyhose in the other, to be embraced as the spiritual leader of the Democrats!

Lone Star

If you enjoyed reading about "New Ann Coulter book opposes gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
October 20, 2004, 10:28 AM
I read it last week and enjoyed it. She isn't shy about giving her opinion on something. It's also being sold in Walmart.

jobu07
October 20, 2004, 10:46 AM
I'm glad that she devoted a chapter to it in this book. In her previous two books she has given gun control a passing mention, but nothing significant. And her first book was just a hoot to read even thoguh there was no gun stuff in it. She's quite a person to talk to.

Tinker
October 20, 2004, 10:57 AM
http://www.townhall.com/acimgs/webimages/gun.jpg

Gotta love a lady who shoots right off the porch. :)

grnzbra
October 20, 2004, 11:08 AM
Perhaps we could arrange for her to give Kerry shooting lessons.

Gunpacker
October 20, 2004, 11:24 AM
I LOVE ANN COULTER!!
She is not only thoughtful, intelligent and good looking, she is hilariously funny. Imagine saying the things she does and making you laugh.
Course some of her targets are laughable.
She is one of the few people that will say what needs to be said, with no apologies, and charges headlong into political incorrectness. She has said what no other would say. For instance, Joe McCarthy has long been accepted as a total villan by almost everyone. IMO he was correct on 95% of what he did, and yet became a pariah, with no defender willing to say that he was CORRECT on most of the things he said about Communists in our govt. and throughout hollywood. Now the blacklisted communists have worshipful movies made about them and McCarthy is the bogeyman laughed at everywhere. She corrected some of the misconceptions about him and stated that he was not what he has been portrayed as.
BTW, what would you expect her to say about guns. No surprise there.

notbubba
October 20, 2004, 01:06 PM
She is...
Smart
Funny
Dang good looking.

In need of a sandwich.
:o

Standing Wolf
October 20, 2004, 04:23 PM
I wish she'd run for office.

Valkman
October 20, 2004, 05:18 PM
She's great - I have the book but haven't read it yet. She's smarter than any liberal I've seen and that really makes them mad! :D

Guy B. Meredith
October 20, 2004, 05:42 PM
I'd love to get a tape of the interview with Kouric (sp?) earlier this year.

MAJOR fireworks and clear view of Katie's claws beginning to unsheath.

Jake
October 20, 2004, 05:54 PM
My wife got me a copy the other day and I'm about half way through it. She got it at Target for $19.

ZeroX
October 20, 2004, 06:36 PM
I'd be interested in reading the book under normal circumstances but I'm even more motivated by this ultra-liberal in my Government (of all things) class. He opposes the very existence of the Republican party.

Hkmp5sd
October 20, 2004, 06:52 PM
"...and I was called a 'Republican lawyer.' To be completely accurate, I don't call myself anything. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a middle of the road moderate and the rest of you are crazy." "Senator Drunkennedy..."
[RE: Hillary's $8M book advance] "...reportedly the most anyone has ever received for rewriting history."
"Clinton will not be remembered for what he did as president, but for who he did."
"Why is it that the same people who have the least confidence in the police and military are the most willing to allow only the police and the military to have guns."

nipprdog
October 20, 2004, 08:28 PM
Ann......http://glocktalk.com/images/smilies/hearts.gif

Lone_Gunman
October 21, 2004, 12:30 AM
Ann certainly does provide interesting insights.

I really enjoy reading his books.

Ex-Doc
October 21, 2004, 01:05 AM
"Ann certainly does provide interesting insights.

I really enjoy reading his books."

:D

krsjuan
October 21, 2004, 07:47 AM
Ann certainly does provide interesting insights.
I really enjoy reading his books
I don't get it?:confused: :confused: Is it the "man" hands in that pic a few posts back? Either way I love watching her make those liberals look like fools on tv.

Billmanweh
October 21, 2004, 01:16 PM
I think he's suggesting that Ann Coulter is just a tad mannish

Barbara
October 21, 2004, 09:35 PM
I just saw her last week at Hillsdale College. I'm not a big fan but the tickets were free. :)

VaughnT
October 21, 2004, 09:50 PM
Back in the day, my grammaw would have set her right down at the supper table and put some meat on those bones, for sure. Lotsa stew, beans, cakes and cookies to make her heart happy.

Not sayin' she ain't pretty, but dang if I could stand to be with a smart, funny, straight-forward woman that didn't know how to strap on the feedbag.

I'm gonna have to buy this book if for no other reason than to support her continued presence in the media.

Barbara
October 21, 2004, 10:00 PM
She is painfully thin. It was kind of hard to look at her, seriously. Maybe she's naturally like that, but not many people are.

Tharg
October 21, 2004, 11:58 PM
Hmmmm

well i'm the fatish guy w/ a skinny girl like this Ann chick... and personally i don't think she's painfully thin in the least <eg>

She had many quotes in FahrenHYPE 911 as well...

She is reguarded by either time or newsweek person who did the article as the foil to bill mahr. (damn his name - however its spelled)

I used to love Bill M., but this election cycle he's gone from pollitically incorrect to everyone but bush is pollitically correct.... big difference.

Hey - not gonna say he's always right (is anyone?) but i used to enjoy his diatribes on BS stuff that shouldn't even be an issue. (IE politically correct crud) instead of TRUELY political... used to be a different show in my eyes...

still watch it... just gotta take my grains of salt before i do.. <grin>

J/Tharg!

DragonFire
October 22, 2004, 11:28 AM
Bill Mahr has become the type of person that he used to make fun of. I've watched his show lately and he's more interested in sound bites, and getting a laugh, than he is in sticking to the facts or even making sense.

While he supposed always has a couple of people with opposing view points on the show, most times they don't try to counter anything he says, or go for as many laughs are Bill does.

I've read part of Ann's book, and it's very refreshing to finally read something more in my way of thinking. I'm not sure I agree with everything she says/writes though.

GEM
October 22, 2004, 01:19 PM
Ruger - not my best friend. Wonder if she knows Ruger's history on gun issues?

Did you see her picture in Esquire on the range with a Beretta 92, or so it looks? No eyes, tsk! Just as we give Kerry crap on that, there's Ann doing the same thing!

I tend to think that most conservtive gun politicians really know nothing technical. I've met a few and it seems they understand the RKBA has a theoretical human right but really aren't techogun geeks like us.

Darkmind
October 22, 2004, 03:24 PM
I just ordered my copy from Barnes and Noble. Right now its going for $16.17 AND you get a FREE copy of the United states Constitution.
:D

If you enjoyed reading about "New Ann Coulter book opposes gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!