Media coverage - treason?

PDA

Coffee357
February 25, 2003, 10:02 AM
Is it just me or do media descriptions of military equipment (my gun link!), deployment, and stratagies border on treasonous?
I get upset everytime I see the news report on the latest piece
of equipment designed to keep our soldiers safe and everytime I see them report which units are going where. It seems to me that stories like this endanger our troups and make their jobs more difficult. The fact that they find REMF's and politicians willing to discuss this makes it all the worse! I just wonder if anyone else feels that the media has long ago abandoned taking any responsibility for the lives they endanger with their sensationalism. Just had to rant!

Coffee

If you enjoyed reading about "Media coverage - treason?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don Gwinn
February 25, 2003, 10:28 AM
Probably has gotten to that point a time or two, but I believe they're mostly fed misinformation now. Didn't someone tell the story here that Schwarzkopf had his staff leak that Desert Storm would involve a landing/invasion from the beaches, then went the other way?

TechBrute
February 25, 2003, 12:59 PM
Don, by "here" you must mean TFL. ;)

Actually, yes. All the silly little kids with cameras and mics lined up on the beach to witness D-Day II, but instead they were treated to a couple dozen AMTRACs and irritated marines. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Media coverage - treason?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!