If John Kerry is such a hunting enthusiast...

PDA

jnojr
October 21, 2004, 09:41 PM
...then why does he not believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms? Does he believe hunters should check shotguns out of a communal arsenal? Why do we not hear about this question being put to him???

If you enjoyed reading about "If John Kerry is such a hunting enthusiast..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lennyjoe
October 21, 2004, 09:44 PM
John Kerry is a fake.

He's doing the deal in Ohio to try to win over the hearts and minds of the Ohioans.

We all know where he stands on gun control.

Hopefully Ohio doesnt buy into it. If so, Im changing my state of residency and cutting up my Ohio drivers license.

Standing Wolf
October 21, 2004, 09:44 PM
Why do we not hear about this question being put to him???

The national leftist extremist so-called "news" media aren't about to embarrass a leftist extremist presidential candidate with realistic questions.

mountainclmbr
October 21, 2004, 10:43 PM
John Kerry has bagged world-class trophy rich women!

Don Gwinn
October 21, 2004, 11:27 PM
Oh, he was only fooling, you big SILLY!

Atticus
October 22, 2004, 12:42 AM
I think the hunting stunt will drive more PETA types to Nader than it will bring Bubba's to Kerry.

I made the mistake of watching a news talk show on CNN tonight and a panel of four were puzzled as to why the NRA was still bashing Kerry, when
according to them, "Kerry has clearly proved he isn't against guns".

I more amazed each and every day by the ignorance of the media....it's astounding.

M1911Owner
October 22, 2004, 12:50 AM
John Kerry has bagged world-class trophy rich women!

She's sure not what I would call a trophy wife. Rich, yes. Refined, intelligent, beautiful, articulate -- those are adjectives I'd never apply to her

sig970
October 22, 2004, 12:55 AM
He's made me feel so well about being a gun owner that I just went down and bought a bushy M-4.

While I still can:(

El Rojo
October 22, 2004, 01:33 AM
Duck's Unlimited Denies Ties to Kerry. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107345)

GEM
October 22, 2004, 01:04 PM
Hunting is irrelevant to the RKBA. Notice that when a candidate goes 'hunting', they always go after a birdie. I don't think we have seen a modern candidate shoot something with eyelashes. Killing Bambi is a no-no. Nailing the wild version of KFC isn't as big a deal.

Bush, Ann Richards, Clinton, Kerry, etc. etc. - grab a shotgun to show they got nads and support 'gun rights'.

The 2nd Amend. is not about hunting. :banghead: :cuss:

halvey
October 22, 2004, 02:24 PM
news talk show on CNN tonight and a panel of four were puzzled as to why the NRA was still bashing Kerry, when Only on CNN. How typical.

Marshall
October 22, 2004, 03:27 PM
A vote for Kerry is a vote against guns.

Jake
October 22, 2004, 10:12 PM
I made the mistake of watching a news talk show on CNN tonight and a panel of four were puzzled as to why the NRA was still bashing Kerry, when
according to them, "Kerry has clearly proved he isn't against guns".

I more amazed each and every day by the ignorance of the media....it's astounding.

It's not ignorance. It's calculated manipulation. Just in case you don't fall for the "I'm a hunter" BS just from watching a news story, well then maybe you'll believe it if the talking heads on the TV say it enough times. And sadly there are probably alot of people who fall for it.

Atticus
October 23, 2004, 12:27 AM
Jake: Perhaps...but if the type of people on these shows are anything like most of the young urban professionals I work with- they truly believe that anyone who holds a gun and shoots animals is "kinda out there". :uhoh:

Jspy
October 23, 2004, 10:17 AM
A wolf in sheeps clothing seems to fit here. I haven't spent a lot of time researching Kerry's hunting ( I mean photo ops ), but it would seem he only uses the fancy, shmancy, OU's for all of his hunting (oops, sorry, photo ops ). Curious as to what the other guys modeling the hunting apparel are carrying to "bag" their game. At least Kerry is sticking to his guns about all semi-auto "weapons" having no place in the hunting arena. Guess he's showing by example that you can be a true sportsman, and hunter without those extra few rounds. Now if the rest of us common folk could just figure out where to come up with one those fancy "bird boys" to do our fetchin for us.

GEM
October 24, 2004, 01:33 PM
Some commentators are now mentioning that his trip was pandering. They are not really dealing the RKBA issue but the subtext is that Kerry is phoney on the issue. I think they are antigun and see through him and disrepect for pandering to gunners. However, they probably think gunners are hunters only (except for loonies like us).

jefnvk
October 24, 2004, 11:18 PM
If John Kerry is such a hunting enthusiast...
...then why does he not believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms?

First, find out why so many hunters support banning 'Assualt Weapons'. Then we can work on Kerry.

Zach S
October 25, 2004, 09:57 AM
Hopefully Ohio doesnt buy into it. If so, Im changing my state of residency and cutting up my Ohio drivers license. If Ohio buys into it, why cut it up? SHOOT IT!!!

Roon
October 25, 2004, 07:47 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Kerry is against us should look at this bill that he co-sponsored, along with

Sen Akaka, Daniel K. [HI], Sen Boxer, Barbara [CA], Sen Clinton, Hillary Rodham [NY], Sen Corzine, Jon [NJ], Sen Dodd, Christopher J. [CT], Sen Durbin, Richard J. [IL], Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA], Sen Kennedy, Edward M., Sen Levin, Carl [MI], Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. [MD], Sen Reed, John F. [RI] - 9/4/2003, Sen Sarbanes, Paul S. [MD], Sen Schumer, Charles E. [NY] and Sen Lautenberg, Frank R. [NJ] The Gun Ban (http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=143)

Also, read the following Kerry Record (http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=161).

Excuse me while I :barf: :barf:

The_Antibubba
October 26, 2004, 03:41 AM
Why, he's been beating the Bush's for months, tracking a legendary 12-point Whitetailed Position! :D

twoblink
October 26, 2004, 03:52 AM
If you want to get the "gun vote"..

Wear 2 1911's on each hip, with a Skunky'ed out AR on the sling...

Or pose with a down'ed cape buffalo H&HHunter style.

Kerry is a Hunter, and Diane Fienstein is pro RKBA because she has a CCW....:barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "If John Kerry is such a hunting enthusiast..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!