Help, New 642 shoots to the right

PDA

flinchy
October 26, 2004, 04:27 PM
It shoots 4" to the right at 25 yards. This translates to 2" to the right at 12 yards. I shot it with both right and left hand, so i know it's the gun, not me. ( for background, I shoot equally well/bad with both right and left hand). Is this acceptable with this gun? Should send it back to s&w?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help, New 642 shoots to the right" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
October 26, 2004, 08:49 PM
Back to the factory, along with a letter and a target showing the groups.

Paul "Fitz" Jones
October 27, 2004, 02:44 AM
Some extra substantiation could help by having a friend fire some targets at the same ranges to send along with yours.

Fitz

Majic
October 28, 2004, 06:56 PM
Just questioning, but do you normally shoot small revolvers DA? It could be just that it doesn't fit your hand and you are using the wrong placement of you finger.
I would have someone else shoot it first before sending it back to the factory.
I would also try an assortment of ammo from different makers.

R.H. Lee
October 28, 2004, 07:36 PM
I'd have a couple other people shoot it before I sent it back.

flinchy
October 29, 2004, 09:58 PM
Thanks for your input. 4" @25 yards is just a little too much for me even for a snubby.

Majic, I do have a 649 bodyguard and shoot it few times a year, it doesn't have this problem. Besides I shot the 642 both left and right handly to make sure it's the gun not me. If it's the shooter then it should shoot to the left when I shoot left handly, no? But I'll take your advice and have someone shoot it before I sent it back.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help, New 642 shoots to the right" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!