Kahr .40 Pro Mags

PDA

dinosaur
December 30, 2002, 08:19 AM
I`m thinking of buying a Kahr .40. Anyone know a cheap source for the mags? I know but I only use them at the range. I bought a bunch for my MK9 and I have 4 factory mags also. CDNN only lists for the 9mm and I like to pre load them before I go shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr .40 Pro Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
December 30, 2002, 12:53 PM
I have had poor luck w/ after market mags...even as range mags, there is nothing more frustrating as a relialbe firearm malfunctioning because of an avoidable problem (the mags).

tomkatz
December 30, 2002, 04:13 PM
The aftermarket mags for kahrs that I've heard about have not been good either, if anyone knows of good ones let me know...tom

Jason Demond
December 30, 2002, 07:24 PM
There are very few after market magazines that are any good. Pro-mag is not one of them.

Think Mec-Gar! The make most OEM factory mags anyway.

PCRCCW
December 30, 2002, 10:02 PM
The best advice I can give you after Carrying a K40 for a long time is find the best deal you can on the OEM mags....they use better springs, followers and everything else....stick with Kahr.
Shoot well

riddleofsteel
December 30, 2002, 11:18 PM
The ProMag .40 mags for Kahrs are not worth your time. I tried 4 of them and all that would fit was ball ammo. Most decent hollow points would jam up in the mag tube.
Save your money and get Factory mags.

Catbird
December 30, 2002, 11:20 PM
I purchased some spare OEM magazines for my Kahr P40 here:

www.arizonagunrunners.com

I believe they're $25.99 now; I paid a bit less last year.

dinosaur
December 31, 2002, 07:34 AM
Well, that`s better than list anyway. The only problem I`ve had with the Pro Mags for the 9mm is sometimes they don`t lock the slide back. I tried one with my .40 HP and it wasn`t worth it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr .40 Pro Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!