This just in ,...Fairfax County Va.

PDA

Shovelhead
October 27, 2004, 05:09 PM
Suspect Picks Wrong Fairfax House To Rob
Wednesday October 27, 2004 2:22pm

Fairfax, Va. (AP) - There's a young burglary suspect who no doubt wishes he'd picked another house. That's because Fairfax County (website - news) police say the one they found him in is owned by a guy with a gun.

Investigators say shortly before 2 a.m., the homeowner heard some noises in his house in the 3900 block of Collis Oak Court, in the Fair Oaks neighborhood. The man grabbed his gun and went to take a look.

According to police, he found a 17-year-old wearing a ski mask and gloves. Turning the tables on the teen, the homeowner ordered him to call police, which he did. Officers arrived and took him into custody. The suspect was later released to his parents, and charges are pending.

No shots were fired and no one was hurt.

From www.wjla.com

If you enjoyed reading about "This just in ,...Fairfax County Va." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thefitzvh
October 27, 2004, 05:14 PM
Stillie... is this your house?? :neener:

all I can say is: GOOOOD

Lone_Gunman
October 27, 2004, 05:18 PM
Actually I think this guy picked the right house to rob.

At 2 AM, being in someone elses house uninvited with a ski mask on makes you pretty likely to get shot.

Chipperman
October 27, 2004, 05:18 PM
"homeowner ordered him to call police, which he did"

Tee-Hee!

I wonder what he said to the cops on the phone...
"Hi, this is Billy Dogood. I've been kidnapped by this crazy gunman! Send help right away!"

jefnvk
October 27, 2004, 11:14 PM
The suspect was later released to his parents
Anyone else think this is a bad idea? Let him stay a few nights in jail. Might do him some good.

Standing Wolf
October 27, 2004, 11:36 PM
The suspect was later released to his parents, and charges are pending.

I think it's a bad idea. At the very least, the criminal should have been held in jail until his parents came up with bail money. He's just been taught he can commit crimes with impunity.

Lennyjoe
October 28, 2004, 12:09 AM
I dont care how old you are.....

Get caught committing a felony, go to jail.

Roadrunner
October 28, 2004, 05:35 PM
That was just down the road from me. Hopefully he'll be charged as an adult.

John Hicks
October 29, 2004, 10:17 AM
Down the road from me as well.

He robbed the right house, alright. Now if all the lights are on and I can see an intruder does not have a weapon, I wouldn't go in guns blazing, and I probably would have done the same thing as that owner.

However, dead of night, strange noise, human figure whom I don't know in the shadows. . . yeah, his parents would be ID'ing the body and I'd be calling in a cleaner. You just don't take chances in the dark.

He was probably released to his parents for lack of a weapon. In this case it's burglary and not robbery, which is a much lesser crime. I doubt he'll be charged as an adult, but in VA, juvees aren't automatically released at 18, if they still have a sentence to serve, I believe they can be held until 21. So I bet he'll get some time.

Hopefully, if nothing else he's "scared straight".

jh

mtnbkr
October 29, 2004, 11:16 AM
I used to live in Fair Oaks, that's not a bad 'hood. I saw the news report the other night and was pleasantly pleased with the reporting.

Chris

armoredman
October 29, 2004, 11:39 AM
In AZ, deadly force is autorized for First and Second Degree burglury, meaning armed burglury, or burglury of an occupied structure. Meaning, call coroner, now. Our doors are always locked, so anyone in here got past the dogs and the locks, and is now a deadly threat.
Released to the parents? my wife and I decided that if our son ends up in jail he will spend the night there at the least! A lesson does no good that doesn't leave a lasting impression.

4v50 Gary
October 30, 2004, 12:55 AM
Suspect released to his parents? Might was well buy him an ice cream cone and send him to the ball game.:rolleyes:

El Rojo
October 30, 2004, 01:18 AM
You just don't take chances in the dark.What happened to always know your target? I think shooting people in the dark is a bad idea, you don't know who it could be. This homeowner handled it perfectly, he stayed safe and he doesn't have to deal with a lawsuit.

gunsmith
October 30, 2004, 11:01 AM
I was an unarmed victim once,2 huge guys broke into my house when I was living in NYC.
I cooperated as I was unarmed,they cut me and left me bleeding and tied up on the floor.
This young thug is dmm lucky he probably would have been shot in my house.
If I see one I would assume theres another so thats a good enough threat for me

BeLikeTrey
October 30, 2004, 11:08 AM
Made HIM call the police... HAAHAHAHAHAHAH
"Now go ahead and tell them what you did little Timmy..."

This really brings a smile to my face.

If anything this needs national attention. The guy did everything right in a high stress situation. This is picture perfect. Thanks for posting!:D

Waitone
October 31, 2004, 07:50 AM
Hopefully, some day the kid will learn how lucky is was. Circumstances had all the elements for a righteous shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "This just in ,...Fairfax County Va." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!