Dems' Ad on Bush and the Draft

PDA

Roon
October 28, 2004, 12:29 AM
These people are just lower than pond scum!

http://www.bushandthedraft.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "Dems' Ad on Bush and the Draft" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JL2152
October 28, 2004, 02:04 AM
Army recruiters unable to meet their quotas

That one is a lie the Active Army and the Reserves have met thier quotas. The Guard is the only to fall short.

People don't realize that a draft bill has to pass through congress before it will land on Bush's desk. If a bill passes everyone that voted for it can kiss thier job goodbye.The draft bill would also have to authrize an increase in the size of the military. Its easy to scare people that just hear draft and don't look in to it.

Rebar
October 28, 2004, 03:01 AM
Kerry is the one promising to increase the Army by 40,000 and doubling the size of the special forces, so he's the one who will need a draft to meet this huge increase. It was left wing democrats who proposed the draft bill in the first place.

The leftist are resorting to the most lieing and vile campaign I have ever seen, and I've seen plenty. If the major media was impartial, the leftists wouldn't dare lie like this.

As it is, since they can could on the media's partisanship, they feel comfortable that the lies won't be exposed, in fact they'll be given "credibility" by it.

mattf7184
October 28, 2004, 03:29 AM
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/wars/a/draft.htm

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx@docID=200.html

That should shut the idiots up...if they can read :)

Leatherneck
October 28, 2004, 09:08 AM
That should shut the idiots up
If only. The draft topic exemplifies the leftists' habit of making stuff up, then railing against Bush as if it were true. Every day, I lose more respect for the democratic party. To allow the likes of Terry MacAuliffe head up their "strategy" speaks volumes about their moral code. :barf:

TC
TFL Survivor

tulsamal
October 28, 2004, 10:38 AM
That one is a lie the Active Army and the Reserves have met thier quotas. The Guard is the only to fall short.

The had a story on the local news last month about the US Marines and their recruitment efforts. The story was about the fact that the OK Marine office had set a record that month for recruitment. What made it a "story" was that it is now 44 months in a row that they have set a record! They aren't having any problems, that's for sure!

Gregg

TooTaxed
October 28, 2004, 02:26 PM
The charge that Bush is secretly planning to implement the draft immediately after the election is being very actively advertised on most college campuses. I received the following EMAIL from a staunch Bush hater in Denver, as follows (note the hysteria, partial facts, and illogical assumption the Republicans could sneak this through without notice):

(Quote) I know you have seen Bush on TV saying with forcefulness that contrary to what is being said by the Kerry campaign, that he doesn't endorse and does not intend to reinstate the military draft. Yet, all the while he is standing up in front of the nation denying this action, the following facts are true and can be verified. I know that you have your opinion on Bush and I respect that, but at the same time, be open-minded. This man and his cohorts scare me to death. I don't want my grandsons fighting a war that should never have been in the first place.

There is pending legislation in the Senate (S89) and House (HR163) to reinstate mandatory induction for boys and girls (ages 16 - 26) starting June 15, 2005. This plan includes girls, eliminates higher education as a shelter, and makes it difficult to cross into Canada.

The Bush administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public's attention is on the elections. The Bush administration plans to begin mandatory draft in the spring of 2005, just after the 2004 presidential election.

Congress has added $28 million to the 2004 Selective Service System budget to prepare for this military draft. Bush has ordered the Selective Service to report to him by March 31, 2005, on their readiness to implement the draft. (see http://www.sss.govperfplan..ft2004.html).

I ASK, DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A PRESIDENT WHO DOESN'T INTEND TO RENEW THE DRAFT? (End Quote)

My response:

(Quote) Sorry, but you've bought into a political scare tactic!

As to the Selective Service Board, that's been a semi-independent government agency since 1940, constantly funded and operating since then both in war and peace. Their basic function is to always maintain a plan for augmenting military strength when needed. Registration for the draft has been necessary since 1980 (instituted by President Carter, a Democrat).

I checked (INET search) on the two bills you indicate as current Republican plots to institute a draft.

Senate Bill # 89 was introduced Jan 7, 2003 by several Democratic senators headed by Hollings of NC, was read twice, and referred to the Committee on Armed Services, where it still languishes. HR #163 was introduced by Rangel, Democrat from New York. That bill was forced to the the floor by the Republicans with the announced intention to kill it, which they did by a vote of 402 to 2 October 5, 2004. Rangel was very bitter and protested mightedly by press conference...but HR#163 is very, very dead.

Both Kerry and Bush stated in their last debate that they would not institute a draft. Considering the lopsided House vote on HR#163, that seems very much to be believed.

The Army is being reorganized into smaller manpower groups employing advanced technoloical equipment, requiring smaller, not larger, manpower needs. Long-established overseas military bases are being downsized, freeing troops for reassignment. And, according to the latest Fort Benning newspaper, re-enlistment goals, much higher this year than last year, have been exceeded in every category. The Army remains on a volunteer basis, and it seems unlikely that a draft will be needed.

Out of curiosity, where did your data come from? It's clear that someone has instituted a scare tactic to try to influence the election...but the draft is (was?) favored by the Democrats, not the Republicans! (End Quote)

Folks, since this scare tactic is being trumpeted at our colleges and universities, please get this information to your local schools and other young voters promptly...as I have! I'm sure that being registered for the draft alarms the students.

Nightfall
October 28, 2004, 02:36 PM
Wait, Bush needs to instate a draft because he can't get enough recruits... but Kerry is going to increase the military by 40,000 recruits without a draft?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? :scrutiny:

I guess he's going to rely on his charms to personally woo every recruit into signing up. :rolleyes: Once again 2 + 2 isn't adding up to 4 in the Kerry campaign. Lies, lies, lies.

Standing Wolf
October 28, 2004, 05:45 PM
Big lies sell better than trivial oversights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dems' Ad on Bush and the Draft" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!