DU Leftists talking riots

PDA

ctdonath
November 2, 2004, 11:52 AM
Heads up, people:

If shrub steals the election again, will there be riots? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1271744) DU hot thread overwhelmingly "yes - bigtime".

If you enjoyed reading about "DU Leftists talking riots" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
November 2, 2004, 11:57 AM
If we say that, ATFE comes and locks us up for life. They say that, and it's called a "spontaneous stundent demonstration against the injustices of the administration", or some garbage like that.....

itgoesboom
November 2, 2004, 11:58 AM
No suprise there.

I.G.B.

Silver Bullet
November 2, 2004, 12:14 PM
They need us, we don't need them.

nico
November 2, 2004, 12:17 PM
I love how these are the people who think that WE shouldn't be able to own guns because WE are too violent:banghead:

c_yeager
November 2, 2004, 12:19 PM
Let them riot. I could use a chuckle. It would be a banner day if Bush won AND i got to see some more hippies get maced downtown.

wprebeck
November 2, 2004, 12:20 PM
Riot away.....

The cops I know & work with all have better toys than the freaks that will be rioting...I'd just ask that, if this happens, no complaining about the LE response, OK?

cslinger
November 2, 2004, 12:21 PM
Yeah well if Kerry wins I am going to...................well probably have a beer, watch some TV, maybe convice the wife this means I need another EBR because they will be banned.

Then I will......wake up and go to work.

So take that you darn liberals.

Sorry but an election is not worth my happiness, health, family or friends. Agree to disagree, have a beer and move on.

Idjits.

itgoesboom
November 2, 2004, 12:25 PM
Cslinger,

I like your approach. Might have to try that myself.

I think one big thing to realize is that if Kerry wins, we will still have control of the House, and we are probably going to gain 1-3 seats in the Senate.

So we still have a lot of hope that Kerry can't push through his agenda as fully as he would if there was a liberal congress.

The dems have no such hope if Bush wins.

I.G.B.

juggler
November 2, 2004, 12:28 PM
Yikes!!:what:

If we spoke like these people we'd be flamed on the spot!!!

i know the freepers are talking big about their guns and hunkering down in the bunker. which is cute in a silly sort of way. but if the republicans have any ambition of being a party in the next 10-15 years, they may want to step aside this time and rebuild their party. otherwise, it will probably be open season --literally and figuratively -- on republicans.

Sounds like a threat of physical/deadly force to me....... and these are the people who don't want war?

Hypocrites or worse, I really hope they don't get what they want.....either in the White House or post-election.

These people (?) are scary.

R.H. Lee
November 2, 2004, 12:28 PM
Have at it. Hell ain't half full and it will make good reality tv.

Nathanael_Greene
November 2, 2004, 12:31 PM
The thing to keep in mind with these dolts is that most of them can't even be bothered to show up to vote, let alone start a revolution.

Talk is cheap, and never cheaper than from the mouth of one of these losers.

Mulliga
November 2, 2004, 12:32 PM
What is that old saying?

Ah yes...

"Never come to a battle of wits unarmed."

:D

See, those DU people probably think riots are fun, party-like events with celebrities and free food. THR members know better - and we're prepared. ;)

Zrex
November 2, 2004, 12:33 PM
Damn! Those DU people are funny!

Here is a sample:

I'm crying right now

I keep thinking about the past four years, and how Bush stole Election 2000.

I keep thinking about the rage I feel every time I see him on my television.

I keep thinking about the revulsion I feel every time he opens his stupid monkey mouth.

I keep thinking about how he spit in my face, and in the face of all my people, each and every ????ing day.

I keep thinking about all of those poor people in Iraq who have been murdered by this monstrous ???????.

I'm trying not to watch the news. I don't even know if I will watch the returns.

I just know that I am overcome with so many emotions right now.

Bush is a ????ing monster. A cancer. A dangerous murdering idiot.

And he has GOT to go.

I read this while taking a sip of pepsi and durn near shot it out my nose I started laughing so hard.

:D

TrapperReady
November 2, 2004, 12:37 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm crying right now

I keep thinking about the past four years, and how Bush stole Election 2000.

I keep thinking about the rage I feel every time I see him on my television.

I keep thinking about the revulsion I feel every time he opens his stupid monkey mouth.

I keep thinking about how he spit in my face, and in the face of all my people, each and every ????ing day.

I keep thinking about all of those poor people in Iraq who have been murdered by this monstrous ???????.

I'm trying not to watch the news. I don't even know if I will watch the returns.

Bush is a ????ing monster. A cancer. A dangerous murdering idiot.

And he has GOT to go.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this from Al Gore's weblog?

Ironbarr
November 2, 2004, 12:41 PM
They are a rabid bunch - sounds like sedition to me.

They could spill over even if Bush takes it 90/10... or they are just running mouths.

We'll see soon, for sure...

-Andy

Sindawe
November 2, 2004, 12:44 PM
On DU.Com, Chimpanzee said:

I'll be rioting in my living room trying to figure out how to get a plane ticket to DC.

Well, at least it'll only be his/her own stuff he's/she's busting up and burning. ROTFLMAO

45Cal
November 2, 2004, 12:48 PM
The solution to the problem=Riot Guns!

birddog
November 2, 2004, 12:50 PM
I never thought Ducks Unlimited was capable of such organized fury!

Bruce H
November 2, 2004, 12:56 PM
They said there would be blood flowing in the streets when the AWB died. They could be right. They were just confused about whose blood.

OF
November 2, 2004, 01:00 PM
Let them froth at the mouth. Bunch of freaking self-indulgent narcissistic wankers.

Riots? Bring it on.

- Gabe :fire:

Standing Wolf
November 2, 2004, 01:01 PM

If you stop to think about it, that's an awful lot for a dumb person to know.

tarrigoni
November 2, 2004, 01:06 PM
c_yeager,

you have a good vantage point to check em out? I may make the trip up there just to watch happies get busted from the rainier tower...

DonP
November 2, 2004, 01:13 PM
What a bunch of jerks!

Yeah, they are going to riot if Bush wins. I believe that, really I do.

But first they will have to climb over all the trial lawyers trying to suck what funds remain in the DNC campaign war chest.

Yeah, some of them are determined to buy guns because, in a second term, you know Bush is going to start concentration camps for liberals and other enemies of the state. The 10 day waiting period may catch them off balance though in some states. Or the 6 week to 6 month waiting period to get their FOID card here in Illinois.

They are all in high gear emotionally with great weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. I have seen threads that come right out and say "it's OK for us to cheat in this election since Bush stole the last one".

Ugh! They have all forgotten that Al Gore never won any of the multiple recounts in 2000, even in the highly Democrat areas, or that it was Gore that took the matter to court in the first place.

I reference that great philosopher, Eric Cartman; "Ah, it's all a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap".

If/when Bush wins there will be howls of rage/foul play from all of them for weeks and months to come. Then Hillary will emerge to be the focus of their "rage" as their next "can't lose" candidate in 2008.

It never occurs to any of these "deep thinkers" that their message may be the problem.

Norton
November 2, 2004, 01:20 PM
I have no doubt that the governnment is expecting violence should Bush win tonight.

On the way to the trap range this morning there was an armored personnel carrier parked at the entrance to Bowie State University in Bowie, Maryland. Was there at 0900 and was still sitting there at 1230:what:

sumpnz
November 2, 2004, 01:35 PM
Regardless of who wins I know what I'll be doing from Thursday until the Sunday a week and half later. DEER HUNTING!

I'll be crawling though the mud on my belly with my double barrel shotgun.

Ironbarr
November 2, 2004, 01:38 PM
Usama must be :) at the thought of Americans rioting in the streets over an election.

Fantastic!!! Certainly a great lesson-learned for Afghanistan and Iraq.

I don't know about the New World Order, but this sounds like we are moving backwards to the Old World Order - if you don't like your election, strike it - start over (until your man wins).

Where is my country going, I wonder. I also wonder just how many of those folks even read - never mind believe in - the constitution or D of I.

Eerie, very eerie.

-Andy

Joe Demko
November 2, 2004, 01:40 PM
...and the need to visit DU, then come here to bitch about them, seems even harder to break than other pernicious habits like public nose-picking and open-mouthed chewing.

There are 6.5 million metric pantloads of things that would be a more constructive use of irreplaceable lifespan. The clods at DU represent nobody but themselves and their ongoing revolutionarywannabe ********** is never going to change.

Harry Tuttle
November 2, 2004, 01:46 PM
http://premium.uploadit.org/docZox/waam.jpg

mountainclmbr
November 2, 2004, 01:46 PM
If Kerry wins, I could use it as a reason to convince the wife that I need to get a M-1A while I still can!

jefnvk
November 2, 2004, 02:20 PM
peasants with pitchforks at the doors of the White House
Bet they're wishing that they didn;t vote for gun control, now ;)

Maybe they'll finally see the real reason behind 2A.

raz-0
November 2, 2004, 02:31 PM
If I had a nickle for everytime theres people on the DU threatening violence, revolution, and general thuggary against those that disagree with them... well, I'd have many new toys.

Cosmoline
November 2, 2004, 02:37 PM
LOL Those guys are always good for a laugh or two. I have no doubt there will be riots, but as always they won't amount to anything. Some idiots there were actually talking about invading the White House. Obviously these fools have no idea there's a small army guarding that place, not just a few secret service guys.

I'm still trying to figure out where they're getting this "coup" nonsense. The last time I checked, the US Supreme Court was the highest arbiter of all disputes in this nation. It's in something called the Constitution, IIRC.

cslinger
November 2, 2004, 02:39 PM
The problem is they and many others see the constitution as that dusty, old thing in a museum that really has no bearing on modern society.

And that my friends is a big problem.

Ironbarr
November 2, 2004, 03:06 PM
Getting a feel for what the the "other side" is thinking & voicing provides me a bit of insight - allows me to judge my potential needs.

Anyway:The clods at DU represent nobody but themselves and their ongoing revolutionarywannabe ********** is never going to change.I hope they don't change. They can say whatever they wish as long as it doesn't escalate into stupidity.

confinedbythecurtain
November 2, 2004, 03:08 PM
AMEN c yeager! I would love to see some hippies get the mace treatment

ctdonath
November 2, 2004, 03:44 PM
Know your opponent. Hanging out at DU is surreal, but that should not discount the importance of listening to and attempting to understand the other side.

Sure, it's mostly just bluster. Unfortunately, it only takes a few nuts going over the edge to scare the herd and cause big problems. Don't forget the LA riots, Seattle riots, Rochester riots, and others - the reasons for them were stupid, but they were reason enough nonetheless.

Two idiots with a car and a Bushmaster kept DC & VA freaked out for weeks. Just takes a few armed DUers ("RKBA for me, but not thee") convinced of a Bush coup to make a very big mess.

2nd Amendment
November 2, 2004, 03:51 PM
If Kerry wins, I could use it as a reason to convince the wife that I need to get a M-1A while I still can!

Yup. The wife has already OK'ed 5k for new toys if sKerry wins. :) That's almost enough to make me...nahhh, not even that...

www.skerrysux.com

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
November 2, 2004, 04:01 PM
Usama must be at the thought of Americans rioting in the streets over an election.

Fantastic!!! Certainly a great lesson-learned for Afghanistan and Iraq

The cynical tone of your comments is unwarrented. The US is still the world's oldest constitutional democracy and has been peacefully changing who holds power by popular elections for over 217 years.

In Bin-Laden's twisted mind an appropiate method of defeating a political opponent is to murder him by use of a suicide (sucker) bomber.

We have nothing to apologize for with regards to our electoral process.

Little Loudmouth
November 2, 2004, 04:04 PM
Riots? Hmmm....let's see...

Rioters, meet twelve thousand some odd armed and ready THR'ers...

one45auto
November 2, 2004, 04:14 PM
I'm not worried about those misguided souls running rampant because it would be immensely enjoyable to watch the police riot squads give them the old "wooden shampoo." Whacka-whacka-whacka-whomp!

They can read them thier Miranda rights when they wake up. :D

Lobotomy Boy
November 2, 2004, 04:30 PM
I know plenty of lefties, and for the most part these are the least resourceful, least competent people I've ever met. They tend to be highly intelligent, but semi-useless when it comes to practical matters, and I would be less frightened of them than I would of any other group of people.

But things could get ugly if Bush wins in a squeaker. They already are. In Minneapolis last weekend a guy confronted some people who were trying to peel his Bush/Cheney sticker off the bumper of his car. The people kicked the guy unconscious.

Smoke
November 2, 2004, 04:33 PM
If the DU wants to have serious riots, they will have to organize them in L.A. or NY or other heavily populated areas with dominantly leftist political views.

They won't riot in Bosque County Texas.

Have at it. Morons.

Smoke

Nekron
November 2, 2004, 04:43 PM

You and me both!

KRAUTGUNNER
November 2, 2004, 04:49 PM
I'll say it again: Chase'em and mace'em! :evil:

Shanghai McCoy
November 2, 2004, 04:52 PM
Riot away kiddies.Might be nice to watch the glow of the "People's Republic of Lawrence" from my hillside.....:D

XLMiguel
November 2, 2004, 08:38 PM
Tee-heee-heee. Snick-click-clank. Bring it on:evil: :evil:

Mr. Kook
November 2, 2004, 09:05 PM
Shanghai McCoy, are you from Kansas?

If so which range do you use?

I'm in the KC area and visit The Bullet Hole for my shooting.

morganm01
November 2, 2004, 11:32 PM
Oh please let them riot....

Let's see...I have a 180 degree view with a 200-300 yard field of view from my balcony...and 400 rounds of ballistic tip.

And I am in **********.

That's a terrible way to joke around I know. Just terrible.
But I think I can cover the larger part of my zip code, 92104, just from my apartment. I gotta closet gun nut with a view of the west side. That will cover 92103.

JOE MACK
November 3, 2004, 12:33 AM
Hmmmmm... The roses could use some fertilizer...

45 ACP
November 3, 2004, 12:35 AM
That's a terrible way to joke around I know. Just terrible.

Not really.

It's not totally inconceivable that Democratic "well-wishers" would travel to Republican havens (like south Orange County where I reside) to show their displeasure.

Like bank robbers "Go where the money is", so shall leftist wingnuts hell-bent on chaos and intimidation.

They shall be like moths to the flame that is my lawn sign. :D

Justin Moore
November 3, 2004, 06:26 AM
There are some crazy people over there. Hopefully they won't DO anything crazy.

As much as we might like to joke about waxing DU'ers, I for one hope it doesn't come to that. That wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

Maintain your situational awareness to be sure.

Remington788
November 3, 2004, 07:01 AM
In reading their posts I've come to a few conclusions:

1. Their broke
2. Their cars can't make the trip
3. They are against war yet advocate riots
4. They have a limited vocabulary that involves mostly four letter words

These people think that they know what is right for this country yet from what I've read, I don't think they know how to run their own lives.

Oh well, if they riot, just remember to breath and squeeze.

Black Dragon
November 3, 2004, 07:28 AM
Ya know, it only takes a couple of Fruit loops that are unstable to cause
some problems. We had a guy in the office Monday who was telling people
that if they voted for Bush they didn't have a grip on reality, on politics and
what is going on in the world in general. His manager finley asked him to
"take the rest of the day off". This is one person that worries me.

Put for the most part, let DU have at it. :D Most of them are just blowing
off steam. In fact, I tried to get on the DU to see what is happening and
their website is down until tomorrow. I guess the tears shorted the CPU.

My whole family is sitting back and relaxing. If they riot, we're ready
:neener:

Nathaniel Firethorn
November 3, 2004, 10:18 AM
Went out to DU for the first time this AM.

Observations:

1. Their moderation stinks.
2. Ditto their language.
3. They don't look to be capable of organizing a lemonade sale, let alone a revolution.
4. Ain't going back anytime soon.

- pdmoderator

Master Blaster
November 3, 2004, 10:29 AM
Democratic Underground???

If I want to hear whinning, drooling, and incomprehensible nonsense gibberish, I will stop into the infant room at daycare. At least the Babies there are cute and worth my time.

MY ADVICE TO ANY du'ERS LURKING HERE:

HEY GO SMOKE SOME BONGS, HAVE A FEW BEERS, AND ORDER A PIZZA.

THEN GO SLEEP, WHEN YO WAKE UP TOMORROW YOU WONT REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE MAD ABOUT ANY MORE.:p

Ktulu
November 3, 2004, 10:31 AM
WHAT?!? Pot head, vegetarian, tree huggers are going to riot? Stop, you're killing me. Here's what's going to happen, they're gonna get high, eat some tofu, and take a nap.

Ktulu
November 3, 2004, 10:33 AM
That's funny Master Blaster. Obviously sick minds think alike.

Pilgrim
November 3, 2004, 10:50 AM
I remember the UCLA campus newspaper in the 60s was good for some great comic ads in the classifieds. One really popular ad was:

For Sale - Remington Model 870 shotgun w/18.5" barrel. Great for suppressing student riots.

Pilgrim

foghornl
November 3, 2004, 11:49 AM
I have a few suggestions on WHERE to start the riots...

People's Demokratik Republik of Chikago, ILL.

NY, NY

PDR of Boston, MESSachusettes

PDR of LA, with Rodney King as Guest Commentator.

spacemanspiff
November 3, 2004, 12:34 PM
DU members were fuming so hard last night they kept fighting amongst themselves.

mainmech48
November 3, 2004, 12:47 PM
Robert Heinlein once wrote words to the effect that "A revolutionary must be willing to fight and die, or he's just a parlor pink." Color this bunch a bright fuchia.

Seems to me that they're more interested in trying to create the illusion that, if anybody else wants to actually DO something, they'll be right behind them.

Brings to mind of a rather obscure, but savagely spot-on satirical song from the old National Lampoon "Radio Dinner" album from back in the early '70s.

In it, a Joan Baez impersonator pretty much sums up the whole self-styled "Liberal Elite's" true commitment to their "revolution" with the refrain:

" Pull the triggers, -------, we're with you all the way! From just across the Bay."

No offence to anyone's delicate sensibilities intended. The words are the authors' and, wickedly barbed as they might be, accurately describe their target's attitude.

They all want to belly-up to the buffet, but none of them want to cook. Or pick up the check.

People unable, or unwilling, to back-up their professed 'righteous' fervor with action aren't to be feared; they're to be pitied.

I could be wrong, but I'm not uncertain:->

R.H. Lee
November 3, 2004, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm waitin'......... When are they gonna start? :confused:

one45auto
November 3, 2004, 01:25 PM
They're all talk. They'll whine and moan about it, perhaps kick over a few Bush/Cheney signs or key the occasional car with a Republican bumper sticker, but that's about it.

Cosmoline
November 3, 2004, 01:36 PM
I'm not so sure they're all talk. The riots are obviously a silly pipe dream. A more realistic and disturbing possibility would be for a hard core of them to start radical terrorist groups like the ones that existed back in the 1960's and early 1970's. It's not impossible. The extreme right wing did some of this when they felt Clinton had gone to far in the 1990's, though realistically it was a tiny number of people involved.

However, I rest in the knowledge that extreme leftists don't know how to make effective explosives and can't shoot worth a darn.

CleverName
November 3, 2004, 01:59 PM
OK, lemme just preface everything with something that will surely get me many angry comments:

I voted for Kerry. Not in the Skunkabilly "This is what I would have been voting for if I voted for Kerry" way, but actually put the ink on the little dot next to his name.

I guess you could call me a pro-gun lefty-libertarian, if you had to put a label on me. To give just a little more info on me so you can put what I'm saying into context, I'm 18 as of the past summer, I'm studying at UCLA, and I disagree very strongly with Bush's interventionist foreign policy. I didn't agree with Senator Kerry on everything, but I voted for him over Badnarik because I strongly disagree with some of Badnarik's postions.

Anyways, now that that's all out of the way, I come to you with this:

Imagine that you're young, and really angry at a incumbent candidate. You believe (for whatever reason, right or wrong) that the candidate is leading your country down the absolute wrong path. In short, imagine if you will, that you're 18, it's 2008, and Kerry won reelection. Wouldn't you at least on some level be angry, and at least bluster and fume online (where everybody with a keyboard and a computer can express his voice) about the state of the country, the idiocy of those who voted against your man, etc.?

R.H. Lee
November 3, 2004, 02:03 PM
What do you read and where do you get your news and how do form your opinion, Clevername?

CleverName
November 3, 2004, 02:12 PM
Let's see:

The newspapers I get around here are the campus newspaper, LA Times which I would have to pay to get from the newspaper racks, or the NY Times or WSJ, which are free if you head to either the Engineering Student Store or the Business school. I used to read the San Francisco Chronicle, but since coming to LA it's impossible to find and not relevent anyways.

I don't watch much TV news, never really liked it, apart from the Daily Show.

I occasionally listen to NPR, but have stopped since I don't have a car around here, so no need to listen to the radio while driving.

MSNBC.com and CNN.com.

In short, they are all liberal-leaning (or at least more lefty than Fox News), but they are also generally exceptionally well produced and written. I read them for the quality of writing, not for the position.

Shoot, forgot to add:

I just read them for the info and then form my opinion based on what they state, taking in their political bent as well. I realize that something like 90% of the media is Dem., so if nothing else, catching bias is hard because there is less of a zero, and take that into account.

itgoesboom
November 3, 2004, 02:15 PM
Clevername....

Been there, done that.

I was 18 when Clinton won re-election to his 2nd term. I hated Clinton, with a passion.

With that said, I didn't get violent, nor did I threaten violence. I hoped that he would be impeached, but I didn't get violent.

I didn't key Clinton supporters cars, I didn't vandalize property.

Instead I waited, and voted in every election that I could .

And I researched the issues that I didn't understand, and those that I thought I understood, but really didn't.

And now I have gotten to see America go in the direction that I always hoped that it would .

I.G.B.

Harry Tuttle
November 3, 2004, 02:21 PM
imagine your 18 and angry at the election so you and some buddies decide to pipe dragon a bridge into Washington DC, then you are arrested and offered 5 years in jail or the opportunity to sign up for the army...

DesertEagle613
November 3, 2004, 02:43 PM
CleverName:

WSJ, left-leaning??

If you can get it free, you definitely want to read the Journal. The best proponents of free-market economics with a large audience. And they have skillful writers, too!

Langenator
November 3, 2004, 03:10 PM
Let's see, I turned 18 in 1992, just in time for the primary in the PRK. I actually wanted Tsongas to pull it out vs Slick Willie, and thought about voting for Ross Perot, with the deficit being my #1 issue at the time.

No violence, no threats there of, no messing with signs, stickers, or anything else.

Nor in '96, knowing that the White House was held by the most ethically challenged individual since Nixon.

When right-wingnuts feel the urge to do something drastic, they tend to go off to remote cabins in the hills and talk big to each other. If they do actually move to action, they can be quite dangerous-see McVeigh, Tim.

Left-wingnuts tend to damage/destroy private property (ELF), have riots (WTO Seattle), and generally act like jerks (NYC GOP convention).

I don't seem them doing much on a major scale right now. They pretty much shot their wad (i.e. spent their personal and group $$) already, so whatever they want to do, they'll have to do it fairly close to where they live.

CleverName
November 3, 2004, 03:12 PM
Well, I more of skim the WSJ's headlines than acutally open it up since the copies in the Engineering lounge are usually being read. I'll try reading more inside later.

And if nothing else, the NY Times has a great crossword puzzle for me to do inbetween classes.

I see all this venting on the internet as a much healthier release of anger and frustration than acutally going out and keying cars or stealing signs. Most of the "crazy liberals" I know have enough common sense not to acutally riot or do anything besides kinda mope and stereotype Red states. After all, the Internet gave everybody on both sides the ability to rant as much as they want, and I know I've felt better after typing out a angry post on something.

Cosmoline
November 3, 2004, 03:23 PM
One thing I find fascinating is how there is so little interest among the core Dems in reaching out. They don't respond to this loss by saying "we need to convert the red states," they respond by closing off their forums and having screaming tantrums about "nazi" Republicans. Weird.

I find this particularly strange given how much discontent there is within the ranks of those who voted for GW, especially libertarian-leaning gun rights supporters. Many of us are very upset about the Patriot Act, the TSA, and the whole Homeland Security structure he created in response to 9/11. There are arguments about these issues on all the major gun forums just about every week. But instead of really reaching out, the core leftists though having Kerry hold a shotgun would be sufficient. Howard Dean had a better idea in simply taking gun control off the agenda and calling a truce. But he was resoundingly attacked by the democratic base for this choice. They should have paid attention to him.

I think trying to tie in with libertarian-leaning voters would be one of the best ways the Dems could steal GOP thunder. After all one of the most solidly pro-Bush states in the Union--Alaska--voted resoundingly to block any cooperation with the Patriot Act enforcement. It really touches a nerve here and in many mountain states at the core of the red zones.

I'm also amazed that so many of them--including some very smart people--haven't figured out that the man they call "The Chimp" is anything but the ignorant bubba they think he is. Love him or hate him, GW is not stupid. That whole urban myth should be put to rest now.

Brian Dale
November 3, 2004, 03:35 PM
CleverName,Wouldn't you at least on some level be angry, and at least bluster and fume online ...Certainly. And speak out in public, donate and raise money, write letters to legislators, and vote in the next election. I notice that a lot of gun owners understand that actions have consequences. I think that's why we've seen no tantrums or calls for rioting in years when our favored candidates have lost.

one45auto
November 3, 2004, 04:35 PM
CleverName,

I can understand where you're coming from because at your age I was liberal too, though I was never in favor of gun control at any point in my life. (I also liked Ronald Reagan, go figure) My parents were conservative and so siding with the Democrats was the cool thing to do - especially when my teachers supported that position and slanted most of thier classroom instruction towards it. I'd bought into that "Democrats are for the working man and Republicans are for the rich" crapola hook, line, and sinker. I repeated it faithfully and often, especially in arguments with those on the other side. I also rebelled against being dragged to Church every Sunday of my life by bad mouthing Christians, although I'm ashamed to admit it now. I even hated Rush Limbaugh and used to listen to (gasp!) Larry King! :eek: Basically I was cocky, smart-mouthed, and arrogant. I thought I knew it all and no way in heck was anyone going to convince me otherwise.

Yet time has a way of changing you, as does circumstance. My whole outlook on life began to change once I married and began paying my own bills. It's one thing to sit on your parent's couch or dormitory sofa and say that this Federal give-away or that program should be funded, but watching the take home pay you depend upon to live gradually diminish as a result of ever-increasing taxes is something else entirely. I had to learn how to make hard decisions, and do without a lot of the things I once took for granted. (At one point we literally lived hand to mouth, with cardboard furniture no less) Having a daughter likewise changed me, for looking at her sweet little face made me think of the meaning and miracle of life. Unless you have children, you simply cannot understand what I'm saying. Having someone depend upon you for life is an awesome responsibility. I don't know how, or when, but my faith in God slowly came back. He never gave up on me, even when I had given up on Him - something I am deeply grateful for. I began to question the things I once believed in, and to truly think for myself for the first time in my life. The more I thought about it and researched, the more I found out that what the Democrats and the media had been telling me all those years wasn't right. I began to see thier slant, and to wonder what else they weren't entirely honest about. Little by little, year by year, I started distancing myself from the party until at last I made a clean break halfway through Clinton's first term. His arm-twisting the assault weapons ban through Congress and support of the Brady Bill, to say nothing of his attacks on the free speech of his critics and his support of so-called "hate crimes", clinched it. I registered as a Republican for the 96' election and the Democratic circling of the wagons around him during the impeachment process only served to prove the wisdom of my choice.

These days I'm a Conservative Libertarian whose registered as, and votes as, a Republican. (Except yesterday, when I supported a Constitution Party candidate for Senator) I read my Bible, I shoot my guns, I listen to Rush Limbaugh and Neal Boortz, and my parents and I are extremely close. I look back on my misguided youth and wish that I could undo it, but at least I've come to terms with it.

You'll change too, over time. Trust me.

Deavis
November 3, 2004, 05:01 PM
What is that saying?

"If you aren't a Democrat by 20 then you are heartless, but if you aren't Republican by 30 you are brainless.. or unemployed." :neener:

Shanghai McCoy
November 3, 2004, 05:03 PM
Well Lawrence,KS was'nt on fire this morning when i took the little one to pre-school.Guess nobody wanted to mess up the basketball season...:D

Poofty posers all of them...

Daniel T
November 3, 2004, 05:07 PM
DU: "Full of Sound and Fury, Signifying Nothing"

Intune
November 3, 2004, 05:09 PM
Nice post o45a.

Surefire
November 3, 2004, 08:03 PM
There were liberals protesting the election today by our office. No riot though. They were peaceful, and as long as they don't cause trouble I don't have a problem if they want to whine.

Intune
November 4, 2004, 12:32 PM
DU- I think it is time to adopt the right wing whacko attitude on the second amendment! We need to arm ourselves, they have! It is time for us to start getting our own military weapons, and put them to use.

With the Assault Weapon Ban gone anyway, I am going out today to buy a rifle, probably an M16 or AK77, and a stockpile of at least two hundred bullets, and a banana clip. Whew! We have time. This clown has to find his AK77, grow his 200 bullet "stockpile," and figure out how to load his "clip." I think we have plenty of time.

:neener:

Master Blaster
November 4, 2004, 12:36 PM
banana clip

That sounds painful, but hey whatever floats your boat.

R.H. Lee
November 4, 2004, 12:38 PM
and a stockpile of at least two hundred bullets :confused: Two hundred "bullets" is a "stockpile"? If it took me 20 minutes at the range to shoot 200 rounds, I'd consider that slowfire.

gunsmith
November 4, 2004, 01:09 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I can see that we have alot to worry about!
I bet he has seen "Dawn of the dead" and he thinks that he can just squeeze the trigger and the round will hit dead center of the forehead with out
any effort at all.

Hey 200 bullets guy-good luck! (You will need it)

Thank GOD for GW,Thune & Martinez!

Lobotomy Boy
November 4, 2004, 01:17 PM
It would take me at least two hours to burn through 200 rounds... if the only gun I had at the range was my Blackhawk. If I brought an autoloader I'd be out of there in a lot less time.

Guy B. Meredith
November 4, 2004, 02:03 PM
About 50 demonstrators against war and the election were arrested in SF yesterday--I think. Actually, I am having to dig for ANY information on this activity even in the SF Chronicle. Just passing comment on local news. And that in SF. If they can't get noteriety in that city, they are in for a long haul.

Hawkman
November 4, 2004, 02:07 PM
DU is reopened to visitors. I was stunned at the frenzied atmosphere - like a pack of wild dogs who have turned on each other. And the names they use to describe everyone who is not "one of them"! Wow. :confused:

Guy B. Meredith
November 4, 2004, 02:12 PM
Question is will the DU dummie have anything to propel his 200 bullets, assuming he will literally receive what he is asking for from a saavy gun shop that recognizes liberal trolls.

The real problem is that this illustrates and reinforces their opinion of why the rest of us participate in shooting sports.

By the way, if I had only 200 bullets on hand I would feel bankrupt and like I had forgotten to put my britches on.

Rebar
November 4, 2004, 02:15 PM
I was stunned at the frenzied atmosphere
Wow, talk about frothing at the mouth.

itgoesboom
November 4, 2004, 02:16 PM
By the way, if I had only 200 bullets on hand I would feel bankrupt and like I had forgotten to put my britches on.

No kidding.

I was joking with a conservative friend a few weeks ago when he told me he had about 200 rounds on hand for his pistol and carbine (same caliber). I laughed and told him that he needs to hang around me more.

I am closer to 200lbs of ammo.

I.G.B.

Intune
November 4, 2004, 02:19 PM
Aw, man, if he can't find an AK77 he KNOWS what happened. The repubs disenfranchised him and it's a conspiracy to deny him his rights!

Less than 200 rounds of shotty ammo alone on hand would make me feel naked. :cool:

Shalako
November 4, 2004, 03:11 PM
Well, I really feel for these poor DU folks. They DO need to get their message heard and an organized approach consisting of as many DU'ers as possible is tantamount. Its a drastic measure, but I'm afraid the time has come. Its time for the most committed, most resolved, most determined approach ever. Its time for.......

Hunger Strike!!!

And pray that it lasts for at least two months!

200 rounds. Now that's a riot!

Valkman
November 4, 2004, 04:13 PM
Man I could read that stuff for hours! Very entertaining. :)

The concensus now seems to be they don't care what happens to anyone - they derserve it because they voted for it. Of course there were alot of F words in there too - never seen so many of them in a forum!

These people are so out of touch they truly don't know what to do. It's been so long since the Dems won a majority vote that they don't have a clue what the country wants, and as a result many "liberals" voted for Bush. I don't see anything changing in '08.

Desert Dog
November 4, 2004, 05:20 PM
Man, this guy is talking major anti-social behavior.... :uhoh: :scrutiny:

both ends talking at once (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1319853&mesg_id=1320107&page=)

You can almost visualize the frothing of the mouth... :rolleyes:

OF
November 4, 2004, 05:30 PM
I hope this reaction shows people how truly despised the right is by the left.

Blind rage.

Liberalism is not an ideology. It is a cult. A cult that thrives on those with low self-esteem. The initiate ends up with his entire being supported by membership in the cult, the destruction of the cult means the destruction of their very self. Attacks on the cult are attacks on the very person. The self-worth of the cult member.

They will fight that as they would fight to save their very lives.

Kerry's defeat is not seen as a political victory loss by a competing ideology. It is seen as a personal attack on their very being, in the most viceral sense.

You can not begin to comprehend the level of vitriol without realizing that to a hardcore leftists, the success of the cult, the continued belief in the 'ideology' (which really does not exist) is everything. They, literally, do not exist as individuals outside of their belonging to the cult. The cult defines itself not by what it is, but by what it is not.

To be defeated politically (or even disagreed with) is the equivalent of being personally insulted, attacked on a very personal level...as if someone had told you your family was nothing but a bunch of worthless whores and fools. That is the level of insult.

Understand this and you can begin to understand what you are seeing over there.

- Gabe

PS: I don't want to paint all 'progressives' with this brush, you can't - there are certainly people who believe in a 'progessive' ideology and are not rabid cultists. But there is a large (large) percentage of the liberal membership on this planet who are as I've described.

Ironbarr
November 4, 2004, 06:11 PM
If there is a hard core that is THAT frothing in the mouth, they may, acting as dumb lambs, attempt to get firearms training from us.

Also, if there really is a core that really mean to create havoc, they may make alliances with those "groups" who have know-how in the arts of sedition - and worse.

In our exuberance in "converting" antis - and undecideds - we must now take the responsibility of qualifying our recruits.

Eternal situational vigilence is suggested.

-Andy

Brian Dale
November 4, 2004, 06:46 PM
'barr,If there is a hard core that is THAT frothing in the mouth, they may, acting as dumb lambs, attempt to get firearms training from us.And I can think of no better way to subvert the leftist paradigm than to give leftists an introduction to the knowledge that actual shooting brings at a deep, visceral level: that actions have consequences, that weapons are not Wayward Lightning Bolts of Doom (TM), and that it is possible for normal, everyday people to handle weapons (and more subtly, voting and life decisions) seriously and well.
... we must now take the responsibility of qualifying our recruits.Every non-felon has the right to bear arms. Don't teach anybody you personally don't want to, but I'm for introducing more people to shooting.

Ironbarr
November 4, 2004, 08:20 PM
"Hard Core" is my qualifier. I believe that a hard core member of any group is not easily led away from his/her beliefs. Learning the art and pleasure of shooting (effectively) would be, IMO, a tool to expand horizons, so to say.

Since not everyone is hard core - yes, convert the outer rings - with a modicum of diligence.

This, also, is my opinion... I have no doubt there are other opinions.

-Andy

Brian Dale
November 4, 2004, 08:26 PM
I concur. I realize that I don't spend any time around the "Hard Core" left.

SteveS
November 4, 2004, 08:33 PM
Wow, I just read both of those DU threads and they are over-the-top-irrational. I wasn't happy at either of Clinton victories, but I didn't let it control my life. They speak of Bush like he is all-powerful spectre that is everwhere. Riots, shunning Reds...that will win people to your cause. There are a huge number of moderates and independents out there and they won't listen to you when you act like crackpots. If Kerry had won and we said things like they did, I am sure we would be called a bunch of right-wing-evangelical-gun nut-fascists and would need to be jailed for violating hate speech laws.

Lighten up DU :neener:

one45auto
November 4, 2004, 08:39 PM
Bob,

Here are some recent remarks posted on the democraticunderground, with expletives removed out of respect for Art's grandmother:

“Like some of the others have posted above, my thoughts are if they voted for Kerry, I consider them a brother/sister in arms, if they voted for Bush - f*ck 'em - they deserve, and will most surely get sooner or later, every bad piece of karma and mojo that is associated with those vile gangsters. F*cking republican *ss-monkey pigs... all of 'em.

My heart has bled dry - and I am sick and tired of their faux morals and anything else having to do with them.”

~ RT Atlanta

“God, I am doing the same thing – especially with white, straight-seeming men in business suits. I think I need to lay low this weekend or I might hurt somebody.”

~ smirkymonkey

“You can only push a liberal so far. Never never never f*ck with a liberal again. You will get the skin ripped right off your face, you conservative maggots.”

~ graywarrior

“I wish the yard signs would stay out so I can tell who's a friend and who's an enemy of democracy. Ditto for bumperstickers.”

~ Sabriel

“I'm finished with the nice guy routine. ANYONE who voted for this murderous bastard and his buddies are fair game as far as I'm concerned.”

~ pjeffrey4444

I wouldn't let anyone with that mentality near a range, let alone teach them how to shoot.

gripper
November 4, 2004, 08:40 PM
These peolpe are nuts.Unfortunately,they are often better off professionally&financially then you would think the Marxist inclinations would lead them(families?).I work as a security contractor at a technology company's Massachusetts campus;a good number of the client's people are decent guys&gals.Quit a few more of them have a seriious screw loose.They were always loudly vocal of exactly wehat they thought of those with my beliefs&ideology,but the last two days has me thinking I'll be told to walk at least a few of them off the property.Truth be told,I'd not enjoy it (too much),I'd rather speak with people that openly&honestly disagree from an informed standpoint:you can reason with folks like that Even I f neither of you change you can remain friends.But the ones I'm around?Besides the level of anger,they don't appear to have paid attention tto ANYTHING that did not originate in the DU type fantasyland,maybe with Michael Moore providing artistic direction.
Coould ALL of them be crazy?Or is it just a REALLY strange designer drug reaction from the last pre election party:D

Hkmp5sd
November 4, 2004, 08:57 PM
I will pray to the Universe every night that your children are all drafted and sent to Iraq where they get kidnapped, gangraped, tortured then finally beheaded. I truly in my heart of hopes really really really hope this wish comes true. Then I will laugh my [expletive deleted] off at your misery. Stupid sick evil [expletive deleted] narrow-minded retards.

Another amusing thread over there is one where they claim the vote counting was rigged because the votes don't match the exit polls.

Hkmp5sd
November 4, 2004, 09:21 PM
http://georgewbushstore4.cybrhost.com/images/201_1000.jpg
http://www.georgewbushstore.com/

The_Antibubba
November 5, 2004, 06:10 AM
When they learn they have to wait 10 days to get their guns...

OF
November 5, 2004, 08:51 AM
Pay very close attention to what you're hearing over there. This is how a large segment of the population views anyone they do not agree with. You are watching the cult reveal it's true nature.

I estimate it represents somewhere between 10 and 15% of the population. I think there is a solid 35 - 39% that are straight-down-the-line democratic die-hards no matter what (meaning they are democrats above all else - regardless of the shifts in the party 'platform' they are part of the 'group' first, and individuals only second), and a little less than half of them are full-blown cult members who's membership in the group drives their very existance. A percentage of them (not an insignificant percentage) are going to be capable of violence in the face of having the existance of the group threatened.

A certain pecentage of the cultists would be capable of organizing or initiating violence, but a much larger percentage would follow them and participate. An even larger cut would support it passively, and an even larger percentage would not denounce it and larger still would remain silent if they felt that ultimately it would benefit the liberal socialist march towards power and control.

I am not kidding.

Enemies foreign and domestic.

- Gabe

ctdonath
November 5, 2004, 09:08 AM
GRD is right. Listen to them; don't dismiss them.
They have enough numbers and passion to be a problem - all they lack is a leader.

perry1963
November 5, 2004, 10:15 AM
some of those "quotes" are more like threats.

Ironbarr
November 5, 2004, 11:03 AM
Right on.

That's, IMO, how the Brown Shirts of the 30's cranked up... until finally everyone was scared not to fall in line. Also sounds like the Iraqi problem with the shooters in town - coercion. After a while people "support" them by what's safest for themselves.

ctdonath - You are right about "a leader". **We'll be smart to watch out for a rising star - or maybe two, one militant, one political... not necessarily publicly endorsing each other.

**(My insideous mind at work again.)

-Andy

Joe Demko
November 5, 2004, 11:11 AM
Overdramatize much, guys?:rolleyes:

The clods at DU are like baby birds: All mouth and full of sh*t.

Still, if it makes you feel all operatorish and covert and stuff to go there, it costs me nothing and lets you pretend to be at the heart of something epic.

molonlabe
November 5, 2004, 11:17 AM
A certain pecentage of the cultists would be capable of organizing or initiating violence, but a much larger percentage would follow them and participate. _______________________________________________________

That’s OK, The patriot act applies to them as well as, Al Quida, Neo Nazis the KKK or any other Fascist group that wants to overthrow our Government.

Bring em on.

Hkmp5sd
November 5, 2004, 11:26 AM
Overdramatize much, guys?
Nah, it's just amusing listening to what they are saying. They continuously call us right wing gun fanatics and blame us for killing babies in foreign countries while all they want to do is want to protect the rights of women, gays, non-christians, old folks, animals, trees, the air, government funded "Art" and the United Nations. And here they are openly calling for violence in American streets and "praying" for American casualties overseas.

Yea, it's all talk. Most of those jokers are probably mid-40s, still living with mom and even using her computer to rant while she's at work. If not for these idiots, Michael Moore would be an unemployed moron instead of making "Academy award winning documentaries."

I enjoy watching them foam at the mouth.

BenW
November 5, 2004, 11:38 AM
all they lack is a leader.
Well, that and a rational intellect.

If you enjoyed reading about "DU Leftists talking riots" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!