One Way Or The Other.......

PDA

cslinger
November 2, 2004, 04:23 PM
I am glad we only have to go through this crap every four years.

Not that I don't like our system and I wholeheartedly participate in it but one can only take so much BS.

This stuff and the media just burn me out. Sheslinger will be glued to the polls tonight. I will either be cleaning the guns or reading a good book popping in every once in a while to get a sit-rep.

Just once I really want to like who I vote for. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "One Way Or The Other......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ktulu
November 2, 2004, 04:27 PM
I couldn't agree more. I kind of wish I was going hunting tonight so I could come back in a couple of days when it's all over.

FeebMaster
November 2, 2004, 04:30 PM
Ktulu: in a couple of days when it's all over.

You hope.

foghornl
November 2, 2004, 04:53 PM
I've been voting and observing this stuff for over 30 years. One thing that really bugs me is that no one seems to campaining like this:

"Hi, I'm Joe Schmoe, running for {name office here}. My beliefs are:

Belief 1 Belief 2 Belief 3

I will work to:

Ideal 1 Ideal 2 Ideal 3."

Instead, all we seem to hear is "...My Opponent is a Scumbag..."

We are drowing in Bovine Excrement.

BryanP
November 2, 2004, 05:10 PM
Just once I really want to like who I vote for.

And that pretty much sums it up. There is no one running for whom I could vote with a clean conscience. I had to hold my nose and thing "Man, I can't believe I'm voting for this @#$%^"

Me, I'll be on vacation the rest of the week with no internet access and minimal TV access starting this afternoon. Oh darn. Somebody give me a buzz and let me know if the world comes to an end.

White Horseradish
November 2, 2004, 06:16 PM
I've been voting and observing this stuff for over 30 years. One thing that really bugs me is that no one seems to campaining like this:

"Hi, I'm Joe Schmoe, running for {name office here}. My beliefs are:

Belief 1 Belief 2 Belief 3

I will work to:

Ideal 1 Ideal 2 Ideal 3."

That's exactly how Jesse Ventura got elected.

txgho1911
November 2, 2004, 06:26 PM
State level reforms in voting procedures and systems.
Look up "aproval voting" or instant runnoff elections". The american people could make a second choice and actualy see how much more support there is for a viable third party candidate.

If you enjoyed reading about "One Way Or The Other......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!