Got some spare time?

PDA

Sleepnosis
November 2, 2004, 04:48 PM
Since having today off from work I decided to go have my car smogged. When I get there the mechanic tells me it will be a 25 minute wait. At first I was bummed that I'd have to wait. Then I got the idea to grab the "Firefighters Support Bush" out of the back window in my suburban, and stand on the street. I had no idea what to expect but I knew that if Bush lost I would be thinking later; "Did I do everything I could to get Bush re-elected?"

So I stood on the sidewalk of the 4 lane (8 lane both sides) quietly with a huge smile showing my pearly whites smiling at everyone and everything while holding the sign. Since I have never done this sort of thing I was kind of amazed at what happened. Most said nothing, 10 honked waved etc, 1 guy pumping his gas shook my hand telling me he already voted and thanked me. Only two cars spoke to me one was "boooooooo" the other were two kids in car who yelled "Bush sucks" when they were almost to far past me to hear it.

The Amazing thing about this is that this is in California! Mountain View almost corner of El Camino and Grant.

I was doing this all while waiting for my truck to get smogged.

So instead of waiting for the results of the election and possibly :banghead: , you might ask yourself what I did,
"Did I do everything I could to get Bush re-elected?" I'm eighteen myself.

What if one of the hundreds of undecided see your sign and decide to vote for Bush? Is it worth it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Got some spare time?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Got some spare time?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!