Time to get a Non Resident Utah CCW?

PDA

marklbucla
November 3, 2004, 12:58 AM
I sent all my stuff in on October 20th. Just wondering how long it took you to get yours. I'm waiting to get that before I apply for my Orange County CCW because it was suggested that I wait till I have another CCW first.

If you enjoyed reading about "Time to get a Non Resident Utah CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
marklbucla
November 4, 2004, 10:56 PM
Apparently, it's 11 working days! :D

artherd
November 5, 2004, 01:57 AM
Sweet mark! Did you need to attend a Utah approved course?

I have applied for my Florida NR CCW, and am still waiting to hear back.

I think it makes sense for us CA people to have CCWs in as many other states as possible/practical.

marklbucla
November 5, 2004, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I attended Bill Murphy's Course down here in Norco/Corona with the Firearm Training Associates. The following Wed, I mailed out the application and it was received back yesterday.

I heard that Florida can take a long time though.

I have no interest in travelling to the other states, but I wanted a little more leverage when I apply for one in Orange County on Monday. Also, I heard Bill Murphy say that Utah and Florida are pushing for nationwide CCW since Bush won the election. If that's the case, we may be able to get grandfathered in with that deal. No more having to justify our need for self defense with CA!

dave3006
November 5, 2004, 11:24 AM
Mark, you don't need to have the Utah CCW to get approved in O.C. I just applied and got mine. I later took Bill's class after I got approved.

The Utah CCW COULD be considered a negative for your O.C. approval. A CCW in another state COULD paint you as a so-called "gun nut". And, it could imply that you apply for CCW permits when they are not necessary (you said you don't travel out of state).

This is just opinion. Of course, the whole process is stupid. You should be able to carry any gun you want without any permit because of the second ammendment.

But, that would imply we are free.

marklbucla
November 5, 2004, 11:48 AM
Dave, did you use the "avid shooter" cause for a ccw, or did you have a "good reason" for getting one?

SJG26
November 5, 2004, 12:31 PM
I have my PA resident CCW and UTAH also (UT does not differentiate res vs. non-res).

With PA and UTAH I'm good to go in a\bout 30 states (Packing.ORG License tool).
UT is way cheaper than FLA ($60 vs $110 or so) - FLA bring Ohio on board , but I expect UTAH and OHIO to recip soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Time to get a Non Resident Utah CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!